Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular

Next season, Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular will premiere in an all-new 2,500-seat Stunt Show Arena at Paramount Canada's Wonderland. The show is slated for a May opening. This is a limited engagement!

I have just been informed today that next season, this blockbuster show will be EXCLUSIVE to PCW wink.gif IT WILL NOT BE A TRAVELING SHOW! This means the quality of the show will be greater, and from what I've seen Utopia Entertainment Inc. has done in the past, possibly even as good as Indiana Jone Stunt Spectacular. It now makes sense as to why their building a new theater for it. Hopfully plans have changed and this will not be a limited engagement, but more of a permanent insulation. As to whether or not this show will ever be cloned at other Paramount Parks, I don't know! It may all depend on success wink.gif

user posted image

Why does PKI always have to be the first park to get everything??  mad.gif

Uhm, your the first park to get Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular. So therfore, pki is not the first park to get everything.

Agreed, PKI is not the prime Paramount park of them all. PCW is IMO an awsome park!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

***UPDATE***

No, it's not the photo update that Paramount's Canada's Wonderland's official website has been promising for months rolleyes.gif I'll do you one better...some new info and images of a scale model of the stadium that MI:SS will be held in! First we'll start with the new info. A casting press release on Utopia Entertainment's website confirms that MI:SS will heavily use SuperMoto stunts.

"Preliminary casting has already begun and will include Hollywood Talent Agents and Stunt Directors leading the search and decision process for over 50 performer and technical positions. The production requires motorcycle riders with the following background and/or skill set: motor cross, super cross, and /or SuperMoto. In addition to the biking roles, there are also positions available for stunt performers to play non-biking characters. Utopia is also searching for crew members to fill the roles of stage technicians, technical directors and motorcycle mechanics."-utopiaworldwide.com

This explains why the attraction logo and website both have a motorcycle rider on them wink.gif The most disappointing information comes with the confirmation that the show will indeed be traveling after a year (and here I thought we finally got our very own, permanent, Indiana Jones style stunt show). Now onto the pictures, or 3D "Story Boards," which can be found by clicking the image below:

user posted image

Judging from the magnitude of this show I'd have to say it'll be very expensive to move.

I don't know how large of an update this constitutes as but hopfully it can hold us over until we get some construction photos (or some concept for our very own Nick Universe)! I'll try to keep everyone updated with the latest, because I know there is some people as excited about this show as me on these boards.

EDIT: Construction photos now up!

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't really pertain to Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular but I really didn't want to start a new topic for construction taking place at the same park!

PCW has just recently released concept art and construction photos for their new indoor-air-conditioned restaurant, "Back Lot Cafe." Click on the image below to see construction photos:

user posted image

Many may recognize this from the PCW's Park Map & Guide, that they put up a little while ago, which also confirmed The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera for next year rolleyes.gif It looks awsome and resembles the ABC Commissary at Disney-MGM Studios. I really hope PKI get's either this or a CBS Cafe soon, maybe replacing the bland Paramount Action Zone restaurants, with some that will really make you feel like your on a Hollywood Back Lot!

Like I said before, I'll try to keep you updated with all the PCW goodness wink.gif

***UPDATE***

I've got two new things to discuss today wink.gif One being another infomation update and the other being a construction update!

First up, Utopia Entertainment's official website has released a list of all the cast and character positions that will need to be filled for this show. It includes all the requirments for each position, including the technicians. Among the cast listed are Ethan Hunt, Luther, Ling Tao, Marcel, Lars Kruger, and some Biker Henchmen. For more in-depth information and the characters with requirments, click here.

Now onto the construction update, which can be accessed by clicking the image below:

user posted image

Construction really seems to be moving along cool.gif If you look at the pictures and the model, you can plainly see what they meant by the action will "surround" you, even under you! I personally can't wait to get this over here at PKI but am still bummed by the fact that this will be a traveling show sad.gif It just doesn't make sense that they would spend all this time and money into something that's only going to stay one year.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Indeed.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the sell, though...it's still Paramount's Hollywood Stunt Spectacular, so if they're working on phasing out Paramount properties, they're kinda going a roundabout way of doing it.

No, the Paramount portion is a heck of a lot easier to change than a show that is themed around Mission Impossible.

True. Guess I didn't think of it that way. Makes sense, too. I mean, Carowinds' new campground could've been themed to some Paramount picture a la Boomerang Bay, but instead, it just includes a generic Paramount title as well.

It could be that a sell is going through as we speak. It seems as though they are preparing for it.

Well, I wouldn`t be surprised if they were already sold and that they were just finalizing the details. Also, I wouldn`t be surprised if before the end of the operating season in October, if not before the end of August if there is an announcement disclosing the buyer of Paramount Parks. Keep in mind that Paramount Communications announced that they had purchased the park on July 31st, 1992. But how long had that sale been in the works before it went public?

I'd say the sale was probably in the works for up to a year to a year and a half. My ex used to work for Federated as a realestate paralegal. He worked on major purchases years ahead. Purchases and transfers would actually take place well before they were even made public to the public.

I'd say there is a very good chance that the parks are sold and theat things are on a way to change.  Makes me wonder if IJTC at PKD will get debranded as well...

I think they had 3 more names before they picked IJTC at PKD. So it looks like all of new movie themed rides or shows got a name change before the park was to open to the public. I think they left all the tv show theme rides with the names they had alone. It sure does look like the parks have been sold and paramount is just going to run them for the year.

Edited by Monkey Joe