Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular

I don't think the name change has much to do with the sale. I think it's more about neutrality. Kind of like, "I hated the movie Mission Impossible, so I'll probably hate their stunt show." as opposed to just calling it the Hollywood Stunt Show, which anyone can relate to.

^I think your right, especially if what Screamscape is saying is true wink.gif At first I thought it was another rights issue, like what happened to Stealth, but I think in this case their doing what's best for the show (or atleast we all hope so).

One thing I don't understand though is what about the roles people auditioned for on Utopia's website huh.gif They had characters and a story pretty much worked out. Are they going to just rename everying/one and keep the same story so that it's just another generic stunt show (i.e. Real Hollywood Stunt Show at WarnerBros. MovieWorld Germany)?

Anyways, this is just another name change from Paramount Parks rolleyes.gif Who knows, maybe we won't be getting a Nickelodeon Universe next year, but instead a Paramount's Hollywood Kids Area featuring Nickelodeon characters.

CoastersRZ: It would not surprise me if the parks were offered at two different prices, one with the licensing rights, and one without. I certainly would NOT assume that Paramount is throwing in the licensing rights for free. Wouldn't make sense. Sumner has more sense than that!

They almost undoubtedly COULD buy the parks without the licensing rights, but I'm pretty certain that any price they quote is likely packaged with the current naming rights.

One thing I don't understand though is what about the roles people auditioned for on Utopia's website huh.gif They had characters and a story pretty much worked out. Are they going to just rename everying/one and keep the same story so that it's just another generic stunt show (i.e. Real Hollywood Stunt Show at WarnerBros. MovieWorld Germany)?

Do you think that they are calling "Hollywood Stunt Show" so that they can change it every few years or so like with the action theatre. You said people auditioned for the parts and they had an MI storyline then maybe it will still feature the MI storyline but eventually change to stunts from another Paramount movie. This was theres greater ease when having to change the show playing in the "stunt" theatre, however I guess that all still depends on the new owner. I would love to see the Meatloaf: To Hell and Back stunt show.

• 3 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

New construction photos from last week, 3/28/06, are up on PCW's official site...

Click here for PH:SS construction photos.

Click here for Back Lot Cafe construcion photos.

Theming is quickly coming up on the set for Paramount's Hollywood Stunt Spectacular while they're also putting on the finishing touches in the Back Lot Cafe (all that's left to add is the licensing, such as movie posters, or props). Also, they finally got a good digital camera as you can tell with the recent Paramount's Hollywood Stunt Spectacular construction update!

^Did they just build the stunt show in the parking lot? Is it only temporary?

Yes, the show is staying at PCW for only this season, and then moving to the other Parks. Hence the reason they didn't waste space in the Park. Once its finished though, it will look better then that. The set isn't finished yet.

ABout Backlot, no it is not a sitdown restaurant. You will go to the counter, order the food, they will make it in front of you and serve you right there. And then you find a seat.

^Did they just build the stunt show in the parking lot? Is it only temporary?

Yes, the show is staying at PCW for only this season, and then moving to the other Parks. Hence the reason they didn't waste space in the Park. Once its finished though, it will look better then that. The set isn't finished yet.

ABout Backlot, no it is not a sitdown restaurant. You will go to the counter, order the food, they will make it in front of you and serve you right there. And then you find a seat.

This all of course is contingent on if the new owners want to have the show.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sure, it's not a ride but I liked it.

Some of the effects were a bit cheesy but it was pretty cool. Very loud explosions and cap guns wink.gif

Just search 'Stunt Spectacular' on YouTube and you'll find it. Make sure you go for the Paramount one!

I'll be getting some pics next week.

Honestly, I think the show was a dud. Of course, it doesn't surprise me that it was considering it was made alongside CBS's brilliant "cost-cutting" scheme. The set looked very nice and well-put together, but the story sucked (as well as the acting, eww!) and there were very little fighting sequences. Also, a vast majority of the action was too far away from the crowd (unlike both Waterworld and 2003's Tomb Raider stunt show), and a lot of the set wasn't used. It was, to say the least, just a bunch of running up and down stairs. The fire effects were pretty cool, though.

NOTE: Already saw the show on both Google Video and YouTube. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

^I watched ALL 3 videos of footage on you tube, at first i accidently watched the Disney stunt show and thought WOW THIS IS GREAT then realized it was disney, I then watched the paramount one at PCW and thought WOW THIS IS AWFUL, the story line was too hard to follow and boring, the motor cylces just drove back and forth. Definently not on par with Indiana Jones Stunt Show at MGM.

^I watched ALL 3 videos of footage on you tube, at first i accidently watched the Disney stunt show and thought WOW THIS IS GREAT then realized it was disney, I then watched the paramount one at PCW and thought WOW THIS IS AWFUL, the story line was too hard to follow and boring, the motor cylces just drove back and forth. Definently not on par with Indiana Jones Stunt Show at MGM.

Disney put on a good show?

A show that was not completely lip synched and utilizing cheesy dancing?

I'm gonna have to look that up then!