Is the BEAST overrated?

The-Snapper

Legend Rider, Ravenand Legend are good, but uhm you know hwy they dont compare to The Beast? Because there about 3/4 shorter than The Beast, Ravens night ride wouldve been really intense had it not ended right when it was getting good, it sucks when coaster are too short, hopefully that wont happen with voayge.

what are you talking about, the size can never compare, why use that? its all about the ride itself...

Why do you think for the past few years...

Beast was rated lower...

2001- Raven 1, Legend 5 ... Beast ???

2002- Raven 1, Legend 4 ... Beast ???

2003- Raven 1, Legend 5 ... Beast 8

2004- Raven 3, Legend 5 ... Beast 7

2005- Raven 5, Legend 7 ... Beast ???

If you have those numbers, let me know, I just am pretty sure Beast was always lower than Raven and Legend for those years

Trust me, I ride Raven and Legend a lot, having a Season Pass and all, and I have yet to get bored on either. Beast I get a bit bored, especially that second lift... dang!

^The size does affect the ride, Ravens not that exciting.......why.......because its size..........its too small and toos hort..........right when it gets going its over. So who cares what the "ACERS" voted for best coaster, ACERS arent known for their smart decisions...

Besides LegendRider Im just giving you a hard time, I cant wait to get out to Holiday World on May 6th for Voyage!

^The size does affect the ride, Ravens not that exciting.......why.......because its size..........its too small and toos hort..........right when it gets going its over. So who cares what the "ACERS" voted for best coaster, ACERS arent known for their smart decisions...

Besides LegendRider Im just giving you a hard time, I cant wait to get out to Holiday World on May 6th for Voyage!

I don't think it's fair to say that ACErs are known for making poor decisions. I will however admit that I see them as a counter-culture in which main stream is considered a bad thing (with the exception of the almighty Cedar Point). It's kind of like how true punk rockers like bands until they're finally on the radio, then they have "sold out."

The Beast is a terrain coaster, so the effect of "airtime" is not present.

What about Raven, Legend and Voyage? Those are all three Terrain Coasters - especially Raven that totally hugs the ground - and they have extreme airtime.

They are all newer coasters and shouldn't be in the same catagory.

Well, talking about the Legend and the Raven, they are both great coasters. I rode them 2 seasons ago, when raven was number 1 wooden and legend was 5, I think. Anyways, IMO, Legend was a much better ride than the Raven. Just as I got into the Raven, it ended. A little longer would have made it great. I was like "whee.. oh, it's over" Legend is very solid, and gets the marks it should. Beast, still my favorite wooden, but I am probably a bit biased.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
you know The Beast also has 6 cars per train where racer and most other ptc trains only have 5

Raven - 6

Legend - 6

Voyage - 7

Consider this. TODAY!!!!! The Beast is the LONGEST WOODEN ROLLER COASTER

in the world. This thing opened to the public in 1979. Nobody can touch it. Nobody wants to touch it. There is just something about its design, and it's environment.

Granted they attempted to touch it with the Son of Beast. Which is cool, but rough. I mean, granted they allowed The Beast's record for speed be broken by this coaster. But its still not as fun to me as The Beast is. But to get back to the point. When you consider how ahead of the times the designers were when The Beast was built. The topic alone demands respect. Another thing that you have to consider is the generations of people that have made great memories with this coaster. These kinds of things can't be ignored. To call The Beast overrated is like saying that Education is overrated. One person cannot get enough of either.

• Like 1

Ravens is to small? Have yoy ever even been on Raven? Raven owns Beast! Legend is better than Beast! You seriously need to ride it b4 u think it isnt as good as Beast bc Beast is boring!

blink.gif I'm sorry, but I just simply must make another comment here. The designers of The Raven are simply imitating The Beast.......LITERALLY

The Raven's lead designer is the daughter of one of the lead designers from

the Kings Island company. .........Who built The Beast.

His daughter and her team (again) LITERALLY studied the design of The Beast

and its background while building Raven. It was not susposed to be as giganitic as the original version. Rather smaller but with the same feel. It was a successful plan. Raven is a GREAT RIDE. It would be more suited to the title of

"Son of Beast" than the actual Son of Beast. Basically, Look at The Beast. See what you like. See what you don't like. Take the actual plan, and split the measurements in half and add a few "new" things to meet your personal desire as an artist. And BooM....you've got RAVEN. rolleyes.gif

Marlfox_21, the Raven was designed by Dennnise Dinn and the crew at Custom Coasters International, with Denise being the daughter of Charlie Dinn. While Charlie Dinn was responsible for constructing The Beast, as construction manager, he did not design The Beast. That feat goes to the late Al Collins, with assistance from Jeff Gramke.

Ravens is to small? Have yoy ever even been on Raven? Raven owns Beast! Legend is better than Beast! You seriously need to ride it b4 u think it isnt as good as Beast bc Beast is boring!

I have ridden it.

• 1 month later...

Im sort of boarderline on this one. Beast was once a great ride, and it still is. The only problem is lack of air that half the world's enthusiests crave. Unfortunately they dont appreciate the fact that this was made as a terrain ride through the woods, NOT A AIR-PACKED TWISTER! That being said, Beast isnt my favorite woodie, but it's still at 4th place (followed by Cyclops, HP Wildcat, and Hades)

i dont think its overrated at all. everytime i ride it i enjoy it to death! i only ride it at night though so i cant tell where im going. i guess in the day it can be boring. but regardless its still a good coaster. u have to remember it was built almost 30 years ago and its still rockin away. its not gonna be able to compete with some of todays coasters so stop comparing them. theyre from a dif generation. its still around and ppl still wait and hour+ to ride it. ill let that do all teh talking

• Like 1