Is the BEAST overrated?

The-Snapper

Tornado at Strickers Grove has 3 bench PTC trains...  They are significantly lighter than Beasts trains - more like 3 bench versions of what you see on Raven or Legend at Holiday World.

yes but no other PTC trains have three bench trains AND six cars per train.

If they took the newer 3 bench PTC trains, like you find on Tornado - and put six of them on Beast it would be a lighter train because the cars are lighter. It doesn't matter if it is a 2 car train or an 18 car train - the weight of a single car is that I am talking about, and the newer PTC 3 bench cars are lighter...

Yea but the weight doesnt come from just the train itself, there is a large weight difference when you're puttin 28 people in a train to when your packin 36. Also The Beast is running faster with the new magnetic breaks then it ever has with the skid breaks. It is actually consistantly breaking 60 miles per hour which it hadnt done in many years.

The Beast went much faster before it had the trim breaks, it would go much faster down the hills after the first and 2nd lifts. I believe The Beast has slowed down considerably.

I do agree on that. It has slowed down.

According to Jeff Siebert, The Beast is more fine-tuned now than in the past and runs faster than ever. You simply get slowed down more abruptly than before so it seems like you're slower.

No, even before they redid the brakes, the first train would make it about to the first pltaform on the right. Even today after the new brakes, after it gets warmed up, the first car makes it up to and a little bit past that first platform. Morning rides are always a little sluggish on The Beast until it gets warmed up. I believe Jeff when he says it is now running faster than it has ever run!

I know this is off topic but look at this coaster, it is absoultely beautiful. I was searching and found this. This is truly a work of art. (i think its the white, i know its weird but just cycle through the pics. I think its cool)

I think that is just a waist of wood, Do you really need to use that much on that ride?

In Japan, Yes,

Due to certain local laws, a wood coaster is required to use more than double the amount of lumber we use in the U.S.

Lets see I have been on Raven,Legend and many many other woodys and I gotta say The Beast is the only wooden coaster that gives me the rush I want so NO I dont think it's overrated why would PKI have BeastBash is The Beast was overrated? I think it's gone slightly underrated more than anything but thats just me.

• Like 1

Last year when I first went on The Beast, or excuse me before I even went on The Beast I expected a lame, slow, and rough experience. You really need to ride the ride yourself to give an opionion about it because it is my fav. woodie i've ever been on. I have been on all the big ones before as well too.

The Beast is the platform that all of the wooden coasters stand on because it brought back the wooden coaster era. So just think about that. After the first hill it can get a little boring but just think about the history that has went inot it.

The Beast remains my favorite wooden rollercoaster, and I have ridden a large number of them. I can not say for sure exactly why this is the case... there is something about the layout, the incredible ending, and the history of this coaster that awes me. And there is no better night time ride in my opinion. It is not overrated at all. It remains my favorite wooden coaster!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Legend Rider, Ravenand Legend are good, but uhm you know hwy they dont compare to The Beast? Because there about 3/4 shorter than The Beast, Ravens night ride wouldve been really intense had it not ended right when it was getting good, it sucks when coaster are too short, hopefully that wont happen with voayge.

While I haven't been on too many good wooden roller coasters lately I think that Beast is pretty borning during the day but at night I think its one of the best coasters. Durning the day its so borning because well there really isnt that much elevation change or that many turns. Durning the night you never know whats going to happen and its dimmly lit so you can't see anything ahead of you.