Pride Night 2005

paramountfan

As many of you know, this past Friday was Pride Night 2005, and while this event evokes mixed feelings with people, I would like to thank those who for one attended, and two for those of you employees who worked the event. I know some people may not want to work that day, and for those of you who did, thanks. I was in attendance as my stage/drag personality, Tammy Faye Sinclair, for those who may have seen me on MTV and LOGO Networks. We got an opportunity to ride some of the attractions and we cut up with many of the ride operators and had a blast. Thank you so much for having a good sense of humor and being a good sport. We had a blast with every one of you, so hats off to all of you and your commitment to job excellence.

PS: A special thanks to security - you were priceless!

Tammy Faye Sinclair

http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/tammyf...ld/series.jhtml

I'm not GLBT myself, but a great many of my friends are so my wife and I always enjoy going to Pride Night. It's one of the few times when the folks in line around you are genuinely happy to be there and ready to have a good time. Most importantly, everyone is NICE to one another. After a lousy experience at FearFest on Saturday, I have a feeling that Pride Night might be the only time we visit the park from now on.

Most importantly, everyone is NICE to one another.

You can say that again! I worked Pride Night, unsure of what it was going to be like. Im not GLBT or have anything against the people at Pride night, I just didnt know what to expect. It was a good experience, that was definently the nicest and one of the best crowds at Kings Island. Withe the exception of a few drunk individuals who needed their friends to help them up, there were no guest problems and unlinke on other days, everyone told me thank you after helping them. Pride night definently has the most courteous crowds.

That's really great to hear present workers being so posetive about the experience. I remember having an employee that wanted to wear gloves when working register one year for gay day. She quickly found that she was working patio and in the back of the stand the rest of the day.

Only through getting to know and understanding each other are we able to break down stereotypes and prejudices.

Saturday was a pretty hectic day... I couldn't believe how busy it was. I spent the whole time down at Vortex and Troika though so I have no idea what the rest of the park was like - but I did get a lot of complaints about the lines.

The lines at Pride Night were almost non existant. Like monster would have times it would just sit there with no line at all waiting for someone to get in line!!! ohmy.gif

I must have missed all the bad stuff on Saturday. For me, the crowds were, for the most part, very nice. There were alot of happy people riding TRTR, and for a change, not once the entire time I was there did I get a complaint from a guest that the ride was too short. Many of them got off the ride screaming about how awesome it was. What on earth was going on outside my ride building?

Troika is the second best ride in the park!!!!!! ph34r.gif

No really - I LOVES it - I could ride it all day. Its real name is Shake, Rattle & Roll - it is a HUSS Troika ride built in 1975! The second of its kind in the world (and to date the best run!) wub.gif

In case you are still confused - it is a little like the scrambler, and has a dark green ride structure with GREEN, ORANGE and YELLOW cars. Seven cars on each arm - with three arms. The cars spin in a circle around each arm, then the whole ride spins, then the arms lift the cars up in the air. It is right next to Vortex, across from Happy Days Diner!

I didn`t think the lines were that bad on Saturday. But then again, I wasn`t riding the entire time, I was taking part in tours, or back at the picnic grove for lunch. The longest line of the day was about thirty minutes for The Beast, which is not that bad. Towards the end of the night, around 11, the lines thined out in a hurry. IJST`s line was close to fifteen minutes!