Beast Bash 2005 & Fearfest!

The American Coaster Enthusiasts and Paramount's Kings Island teamed up this past Saturday to create a "spooktacular" event featuring ERTs, EHTs and special events involving PKI's FearFest celebration!

Needless to say, the PKIC crew was on hand to bring you the best of the best in this event!

This event included:

• A Flight of Fear Lights-On ERT
  • Lights On Tour in Maze of Madness
  • Lights On Tour of the PsychoPath
  • Beast Backstage Tour
  • EHT (Exclusive HAUNT Times) on the Headless Hallow & RL Stein's Fear Street
  • ...and of course, a midnight ERT on The Beast

Click here to see our latest Fearfest and Beast Bash photos!

Click here to see a FearFest tribute video (sorry, no Kid Rock in this one).

A special thanks goes out to ACE and PKI's marketing dream team for organizing such an awesome event. PKIC would also like to give special recognition to Russ Johnson, the local ACE rep, for welcoming the staff of PKIC to the event to bring you this type of coverage. Thank you!

Regards,

Ryan

Great pics and video Ryan. I like the pics of Psycho Path during the day. By the way I did 4 fearfest attractions. Psycho Path was not a long line only waited 15 min. R.L. Stine Fear Street had a walk on ticket. Headless Hollow had a walk on ticket. And did Maze of Madness. It was a good day and night.

Nice pics and awesome video, Bodda! Might I ask what type of camcorder you were using for the video? I may just need to trade my old one in for a new camcorder for SHRIEKshow.

-The RingMaster

My personal camcorder is a Sony DCR-HC20, but it is out being serviced right now. The camcorder I used for the video is actually a friend's HC30. They're basically the same thing, but the 30 takes photos on the Memory Stick Duos and has a color optical viewfinder.

^ Thanks for that. I'll probably just return the one I have now and get the DCR-HC20; there's not much of a price difference anyway (DCR-$380, Panasonic GS-$350). Now I'll be able to deliver a much crisper Headless Hollow and Circus of Horrors.

-The RingMaster

Great pics and video Ryan. I like the pics of Psycho Path during the day. By the way I did 4 fearfest attractions. Psycho Path was not a long line only waited 15 min. R.L. Stine Fear Street had a walk on ticket. Headless Hollow had a walk on ticket. And did Maze of Madness. It was a good day and night.

Could someone explain the "walk-on" passes...will they be available each weekend...who is eligable...where do you pick them up.

Thanks.

The walk on tickets are available to anyone for use on the Fear Street and Headless Hollow attractions. For Fear Street, there is a standby line, but they let a majority of the people with the passes enter before the standby lane. Which means it is best to get a ticket. They are available right by the Scarmbler exit, with the ticket entrance located back behind the Scrambler drive box. For Headless Hollow, only guests with a ticket can board the train for the haunt. Tickets are available in front of the train station. Any one can get the tickets on a first come first serve basis.

No problem! When we were using our tickets for Fear Street, there were people complaining in the standby line because they were only letting people in from the speed lane and not the regular line. So, if you wish to do Fear Street, it definantly would be wise to get the speedlane ticket!

I think PKI should sell "Speed Passes" for Fearfest, which would work like this:

Each pass would have "schedule" on it like this...

Circus of Horrors: 8-9

RL Stines Fearstreet: 8:30-9:30

Maze of Madness: 9-10

Headless Hollow: 9:30-10:30

Funhouse Express: 10-11

Superstition: 9:30-10:30

Massacre Manor: 10-11

Psycho Path: 10:30-11:30

Of course this would be on a first come, first serve basis... maybe sell them around 1-5pm during park operation. This is sort of the same system Disney/Universal uses on it's rides! As for the price... I would be willing to pay $20-25 for a "Fearfest RIP Ticket"!!! This would really cut down on lines and allow people to experience ALL of Fearfest in one night! -Hauntguy

I think PKI should sell "Speed Passes" for Fearfest, which would work like this:

Each pass would have "schedule" on it like this...

Circus of Horrors: 8-9

RL Stines Fearstreet: 8:30-9:30

Maze of Madness: 9-10

Headless Hollow: 9:30-10:30

Funhouse Express: 10-11

Superstition: 9:30-10:30

Massacre Manor: 10-11

Psycho Path: 10:30-11:30

Of course this would be on a first come, first serve basis... maybe sell them around 1-5pm during park operation. This is sort of the same system Disney/Universal uses on it's rides! As for the price... I would be willing to pay $20-25 for a "Fearfest RIP Ticket"!!! This would really cut down on lines and allow people to experience ALL of Fearfest in one night! -Hauntguy

The speed passes for RL Stein and Headless Hallow are free. Regardless of the speed passes, the capactiy of these things is a lot better than you'd think. The way Bill from marketing was talking, Maze of Madness will do more than 1,000 people per hour, which is better than almost any ride. I really think that if you start relatively early, you can do it all in one day without a problem.

I would be against such a system at PKI for FearFest namely because it would be unfair. I can live with the reservation tickets when they are free. It keeps people out of lines, so that they can do other stuff. If you have to pay for it, then it seperates those willing to pay with those unwilling to pay. (Not like any of the lines this past Saturday were really bad, IJST had about a fifteen minute wait around 11! and Circus of Horrors was just barely out of the Festhaus!) With the free distribution of the speedlane tickets, anyone can get them as long as they get them before the park distributes them. It saved a bunch of time on FearStreet for us on Saturday, we waited no more than 5 minutes with our passes!

Yeah, I know their capacities.... but only doing this on two haunts! If you like me and HATE waiting in lines... this would be a great invenstment. I won't wait in any line over 30min. even for a great coaster. That is the worst part of Fearfest.. the lines! So maybe next time around they could incompass all the haunts into a speed pass and charge for it! Bring in a little $$$ into Fearfest. I would pay. But PKI must think these "lines" work!

While I was in line for Massacre Manor... kids were breaking stuff. Tombstones, erosion cloth, and messing with the fog machines! If they didn't wait in line so long... they would not get bored as easily and not be killing time by breaking s**t. I even picked a piece of erosion cloth and had to fix it back onto the tombstone. I am a haunter myself.. and I hate when people mess with (and break) my props. I drives me insane... I think the speed passes would solve this problem! -Hauntguy