Coney Island`s Last Weekend October 8th & 9th

I just thought I`d let anyone know who might be interested in stopping by Coney Island that this upcoming weekend is the last weekend that Coney`s classic rides will be in operation for the 2005 season. The hours are from 2-8 on both Saturday and Sunday. Coney, in conjunction with the Cincinnati Horticultural Society is hosting the Fall Flower and Farm Fest. There are plenty of activities besides the rides, with booths, dozens of scarecrows, a spooctacular show in the Lakeside Pavilion, and even candy give aways for all the little trick or treaters. (I saw quite a few kids dressed up in costumes yesterday.) If any one goes, be sure to say hi, as I will be working both days from open until close!

Admission for adults is $9, children 12 and under are $6. You can save $3 on adult admission when you buy your tickets in advance at Kroger locations with your Kroger plus card. $9 is cheaper than the ride all day bracelet prices they had in the summer (those were priced at $9.95). They are not issuing wrist bands, but it is simply admission to the grounds, which makes the life of us operators there a lot easier! (I still remember the days when Coney had individual ride tickets along with the wristbands.) I`m hoping to work Scream Machine one day, and then the Ferris Wheel the other day. But if I had to choose, I would choose to run the Wheel.

Thanks to all the people that came out to Coney Island for the final weekend that the rides were open! It was quite busy both days, depsite the cold weather! I operated Scream Machine all day on Saturday. We were severly understaffed. My manager gave me my break at Scream Machine. The president and vice president of park operations ran the coaster for around three hours so that the coaster crew could go on break and give other rides breaks. Also, we had our maintenance crew running bumper boats all day! Sunday we were staffed much better. I ran the Ferris Wheel all day. I might return there for weekends in the spring of `06, and then again in the fall depending where I co-op at. I didn`t see anyone from these boards there this weekend.