Will Vortex Leave?

Coney_man

This rumor has been going on for years. It is not going anywhere. The only reasons to remove it would be that it is 1) a maintenance nightmare (like KC) 2) not safe any more (it is safe) 3) replacement parts are no longer available (which they are still available). So, there is no real reason to remove it.

first time i heard this rumor was around 1997... and every year since then... now if the rumors were not true then, i'm sure they are not true now... cause if something was really wrong with it back then and they were even thinking about removing it, dont you think it would be gone by now? i don't see The Vortex going anywhere....

The Vortex is 17 years old this season but this ride is still fun and can draw long lines. I doubt that it is going to go anywhere because it is the parks only tradtional coaster and the ride is still popular. However I have noticed that it does have a high maintance cost but if the park does take it out I am sure they will put it something more thrilling than The Vortex is was or will ever be.

Im hearing Really hot rumors rollin that Vortex will be put to death (Taken Down)@ the end of this year. If this happens, the coaster has lived its life :( . But i hape a new coaster is built in its memory B)

Asking the question, "Will Vortex leave?" is just like asking if you will ever get a girl friend. It won't happen.

Asking the question, "Will Vortex leave?" is just like asking if you will ever get a girl friend. It won't happen.

Such harsh words coming from someone with just 2 posts.

Please, troll elsewhere.

OK, for all to know- the Dippin' Dots guy is a fictional person that spreads insane rumors about ANY park. It is like having a troll post on these boards. Purely meant to be humorous.

LOL...I never thought anyone would not know this. :offtopic:

OK, for all to know- the Dippin' Dots guy is a fictional person that spreads insane rumors about ANY park.  It is like having a troll post on these boards.  Purely meant to be humorous.

LOL...I never thought anyone would not know this. :offtopic:

Keep it nice kids, we're here to have fun, not to sling mud.

Plus, all of my sources tell me that The Vortex isn't going anywhere.

First off Vortex is one of my Fav Coasters ..Didnt they just paint Vortex not to long ago? Vortex isnt going no where.

Althought I do agree with you that The Vortex isn't going anywhere, you have to remember that the King Cobra was painted just a year or two before its removal.

Will The Vortex leave? One person's knowledge is probably is as valuable as the next, so there is no reason to attack someone for what they have to say. These insults will not be tolerated on PKIC. If you want to go somewhere and just sling mud all day, you know where to go. Otherwise, watch your posts, there's no reason for this thread to get closed or for you to get suspended or banned simply for disagreeing with someone. Now, in an attempt not to have to close the thread, I ask:

Will The Vortex leave?

• 2 weeks later...