Will Vortex Leave?

Coney_man

FOF1996, if you were referring to my post, then I guessed you missed my meaning. Anyway, what I meant by expensive to maintain is if the parts are no longer manufactured and would have to be custom made, then it can become really expensive to maintain. And, this has happened before...i.e. The former Screamin' Demon which is now the Thunderbolt Express. I have heard that S&S/Arrow do not make certain parts for these coasters any more as there are not too many left operating, therefore no reason to keep making parts for them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Vortex is my favorite ride ever! I opend something like this today beacause my cousin's cousin Ronnie said that pki is taking it down. I heard this rumer first last year becuase that was when I first rode it, and I agree that that if people don't like it it will be shut down, which will never happen because it willalways be my favorite coaster

sure it's rough and all (what arrow isn't!?? :rolleyes: ) but i mean it's still always very busy!! (don't wate busyness on ride length guys.. that thing has GREAT capacity) but yea trains are always full just about ever time they dispatch. it's not going anywhere soon but within the next 5-10 years i can see it kicking the bucket (gonna miss it)

sure it's rough and all (what arrow isn't!?? :rolleyes: ) but i mean it's still always very busy!! (don't wate busyness on ride length guys.. that thing has GREAT capacity) but yea trains are always full just about ever time they dispatch. it's not going anywhere soon but within the next 5-10 years i can see it kicking the bucket (gonna miss it)

you're right! Screaming Demon only lived for 10 years! There is NO WAY Vortex will live for 30! The Racer might die within the next 10-15 years too! No way a roller coaster can live for 47 years, not even a woodie.

Star Trek...SPACE...I dunno I was wondering if Vortex could be themed to a parammunt movie.

That might happen. I'm writing a book about 3 people going back in time, by riding The Vortex after the ride closes. I got the idea from the books The Beast and The Beast 2 By, R. L. Stine. If my book ever gets published, it might become a movie.

you're right! Screaming Demon only lived for 10 years! There is NO WAY Vortex will live for 30! The Racer might die within the next 10-15 years too! No way a roller coaster can live for 47 years, not even a woodie.

actually there have been quite a few woodies that have lived for almost 100 years now. but yea Vortex won't last forever. steelies do'nt age as well as woodies anyway.

sure it's rough and all (what arrow isn't!??  :rolleyes: ) but i mean it's still always very busy!!  (don't wate busyness on ride length guys.. that thing has GREAT capacity)  but yea trains are always full just about ever time they dispatch.  it's not going anywhere soon but within the next 5-10 years i can see it kicking the bucket (gonna miss it)

THERES NO WAY The Racer WILL BE REMOVED, IT WILL BE AROUND FOR EVER! IT IS A LEGENDARY RC, IT STARTED THE SECOND COASTER GOLDEN AGE WHICH IS STILL GOING ON TODAY! IT USED TO BE THE SIGNATURE RIDE, IF IT WAS NEVER BUILT THERE WOULD NO BEAST AND NO Son of Beast AND BEASTIE WOULD STILL BE SCOOBY DOO, IT SAVED ALL WOODEN RC'S, PKI WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITH OUT The Racer.

• 15 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2004 at 11:23 AM, Vortexlover2 said:

I come from the future. Vortex lives to be over 30 years and wooden coasters have evolved thanks to companies like GCI, RMC, and GG. Also make sure to get a lot of rides on the Antique cars because they'll be gone in 05

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I come from the future. Vortex lives to be over 30 years and wooden coasters have evolved thanks to companies like GCI, RMC, and GG. Also make sure to get a lot of rides on the Antique cars because they'll be gone in 05

But in 2018 a new Antique Cars will come. Also enjoy (if you even can) Son of Beast because it will be gone and make sure to go to Geauga Lake soon and keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times thank you. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Don't forget to mention 3 B&M coasters! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Don't forget to mention 3 B&M coasters! :lol:

I never thought we'd be fortunate enough to have 3. Though I'm one of those who believe that parks should have at least 1 coaster from their company.

A big park like KI, CP, CW, etc should have 3 or more B&Ms in their line-up to minimize downtime.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...