Campground not for 2006

bboyland

Some of those options were crazy. High speed internet hookup at a campground? huh.gif

If you want high speed internet hook up, go to a hotel. That is not camping!! And please do NOT tell me that the people who are complaining about not having a campground wants high speed internet. Are you crazy?!?!? Camping should be roughing it, not surfing the web.

Yeah, I agree. Although, with WI-FI it would be pretty easy (and fairly cheap) now to make an entire campground a wireless hot spot. (Why you'd want to is a completely different story...)

Hey, what about a "Camp Crystal Lake" theme for the new campground? biggrin.gif

Yeah the survey asked all kinds of questions about a themed campground. I sent my survey to my stepdad cause I knew he would get a good laugh out of it. He is one of those roughing it guys. In the area it asked - are there any other things you need for a campground - he wrote - all I need is level ground and potable water... laugh.gif

Some of those options were crazy. High speed internet hookup at a campground? huh.gif

not just high-speed, WIRELESS!!

LOL

Wireless Internet now at PKI!!

Just informed, reliable inside source, the Camground will be back for 2007, will be open year round, will have cabins (other details n/a) rolleyes.gif ... Camping is a total expirience at PKI, not just a room.. I did the tent, my wife did not enjoy it, used a camper, but the cabins were the best. 2006 we will be at PKD, 'cause they have cabins, and so will the rest of our group.. Will just visit pki for the day in 2006, on our way to pkd for 10 days.. 2007, we will return.. When you have a large group, like ours, hotels don't work very well. Tried it this year, and tried the other Campgrounds.

Rick

On the subject of WiFi, there are more places in the Cincinnati area that are getting WiFi. Most of UC`s campus is already WiFi accesible, and I believe that Sawyer Point and Fountain Square are, or will be WiFi accesible by the spring (Fountain Square when its renovation is completed next fall). I know that my local Frisch`s has recently installed WiFi service, and I believe that all Panera Bread locations already have WiFi service.

Yeah I really want to sit in Fountain Square during the day and especially at night using my lap top so I can use the WiFi connection. Great idea there.

I don't think that the WiFi on the Square is really aimed towards you driving downtown and sitting on Fountain Square. It's aimed towards the people that work downtown and use the square throughout the day.

The only people that spend time in the square are either dealing or working the corner. Trust me Ive worked downtown and you do your best to stay away from the square at all times.

Worked for the Department of Human Services for 7 years. You go check out the park any spring/summer or fall day between 11am and 4pm. You will find an area that is completely filled with business people having meetings/lunch and doing work.

I hope they don't get camp grounds. I think it's a waist of money. I would rather have a new ride. If you want to go camping go to indiana or something...

I don't think we know that they used park money for the campground or got money from it.

I don't think the amount of money it would take for a campground would change when they get a ride.

IMO you will never see a new campground and if you do it will be put in by someone other than the park.

biggrin.gif I say bring back the campground. Our club rented several spots together several times a year. We have our own miniature city. It would be silly to have WIFI at a campground. You're there to relax and have fun, not sit in front of your laptop all day. We waited all this year for the campground to be built, what is one more year? dry.gif

Just informed, reliable inside source, the Camground will be back for 2007, will be open year round, will have cabins (other details n/a) rolleyes.gif ... Camping is a total expirience at PKI, not just a room.. I did the tent, my wife did not enjoy it, used a camper, but the cabins were the best. 2006 we will be at PKD, 'cause they have cabins, and so will the rest of our group.. Will just visit pki for the day in 2006, on our way to pkd for 10 days.. 2007, we will return.. When you have a large group, like ours, hotels don't work very well. Tried it this year, and tried the other Campgrounds.

Rick

I hope your talking about the Cincinnati Enquirer.........cause thats where we got the same secret information months ago......but shhhhh inside secrets!

I just have to say that I just got off the phone with PKI. They tell me that I can't bring in my own saw and cut down trees to build my own cabin to stay in.

I'm sad to say that now I must leave PKI and go somewhere more accommodating.

I will not support any organization that does not support all forms of logging.

• 3 weeks later...