Gay Day at PKI

Browntggrr

OK, I am not gay!  I just ran across this in coasterbuzz and thought some may want to know.

Gay Day

PKI had their first official Pride Night last year. It was the day the sign fell.

Umm no last year was not the first official gay night. PKI has been having an official gay night for quite a few years now. I'm not sure when it started Late 90's maybe. But I remember working on gay night in 1999, 2000 and 2001. For along time it was always the 3rd Friday in September. But in 2002 it was in August, the friday before Labor Day. And this year it's October.

I think that's it. To my understanding, they would organize it so people who were gay would wear red shirts those days, but it wasn't anything official.

The use to be an unofficial gay day at PKI. It was always the first Sunday in June. That's when the red shirt thing went on was the unofficial day. Now the park is always closed for a park sell out the first Sunday in June. I did some research and the first official gay pride night was held in September of 1998. So this year will be the 6th year of having an official gay pride night.

let me know the date cause I want to be sure I don't go to the park on that day.

Now I don't want to start a flame war or insult you in any way, but this statement amazes me. I don't understand why it would matter what group is going to be at the park. I just don't see what the difference is between people of one group and people of another group. Again, I'm sorry if I've insulted or offended you, but I had to say something.

let me know the date cause I want to be sure I don't go to the park on that day.

Is this necessary? The thread was not started to create harassment to someone that has a different view. I may not agree with their choice of a partner, but it ends there.

OK, this is for everyone. A person's opinions/ feelings regarding race/religion/or sexual preference should be respected.

Yeah it should be BUT look at the world we love in I am a Christian and am against gays,,but iam too laid back to care its there lives not mine....

OK, this is for everyone.  A person's opinions/ feelings regarding race/religion/or sexual preference should be respected.

Yeah it should be BUT look at the world we love in I am a Christian and am against gays,,but iam too laid back to care its there lives not mine....

Dane just got finished saying that the topic needs to stay away from sexual preference. I was man enough to apologize for flaming, but then you go and start it up again. You need to learn to leave well enough alone. I for one vote for the closing of this thread and the deletion of this post and GigglingGreenGhost's last post. It's not doing anything productive, and it's just starting arguments.

why do we have to have gay day? they are people too why cant we share the park?

Well anyone can sell out the park, PKI doesn't discriminate against anyone. This event is just like if a couple of Christian groups got together and bought out the park for Christian people to attend on that day. Now I'm sure you wouldn't mind having that day. So next time, think about other people first and not only yourself. We are all the same people so we don't need to talk about anyone's sexual preferences.

Let's get back on topic and talk about the actual event. This isn't a poll that asks if PKI should have Gay Day. So if we can't stay on topic and we get out of control we'll have to close this topic.

why do we have to have gay day? they are people too why cant we share the park?

Well anyone can sell out the park, PKI doesn't discriminate against anyone. This event is just like if a couple of Christian groups got together and bought out the park for Christian people to attend on that day. Now I'm sure you wouldn't mind having that day. So next time, think about other people first and not only yourself. We are all the same people so we don't need to talk about anyone's sexual preferences.

Let's get back on topic and talk about the actual event. This isn't a poll that asks if PKI should have Gay Day. So if we can't stay on topic and we get out of control we'll have to close this topic.

Ummm Didnt Dane Close this Topic? I went to gayday once and I left the park and had a nice fun filled day at The Zoo.

Yea I did close this topic but than Dan opened it back up. I too have made the mistake of going to Gay Day at PKI once. Ironically I had a red shirt on too. I didn't make it past the gates when I realised this occasion. I had a nice day at Traders World instead.