10/08

verticalhorizon

well i went up to pki today and it was EMPTY! i guess most people didnt want to go when its this cold. Well first I went and walked on Drop Zone. Then I walked on FOF twice.

Then i went on Top Gun and got stuck going up the lift hill. so i stayed there for 20 minutes until they got the ride working again. after that i coulcnt walk on the rides anymore. I waited 5 minutes for Vortex. then i went on Beast got some lunch and went home.

Well over in the other thread about today, Klockster is saying it was crowded. They had a concert in Timberwolf, the walk for Diabetes, and of course FearFest and Nick or Treat. I don`t know how crowded the park was. But I know Coney got pretty crowded, despite the cold temperatures. I had a constant line on the Scream Machine all day, right up until around 7:45, and then it was just the same people riding again and again and again. (We were understaffed today and my manager had to give me my break, and the President and Vice President of Operations worked the Pythoon for three hours so that the coaster people could give other people breaks! The Ferris Wheel didn`t open until 4:30 because of the staffing issues).

Well, if you said you left after lunch, I'm not surprised it wasn't busy. I would guess the majority of people probably would come to experience FearFest, so you would probably see the majority of crowds around night.

As for the poster who asked about CP not being busy...I'm afraid you missed your shot. Halloweekends are ALWAYS slammed!

We went yesterday from 10a - 3p and the lines wern't bad at all, we rode everything we wanted before 1:30 and walked around waiting for our kids to finish up for a while longer. It was looking like it was getting more crowded as we were leaving. I did notice Delirium was not swinging all the way up, does anyone know why?

Then i went on Top Gun and got stuck going up the lift hill

I WAS STUCK ON TOPGUN TOO HALF WAY IN THE STATION!!!

In the moring?

So did I because some one was talking on there cell phone so they stoped us half way up.

yeah in the morning! i was near the back of the train and the person behind me was with his girlfriend talking to people on his cell phone. they said the stopped it because the computers sensors werent working correctly so it thought it already went up the lift (something like that)

Well, if you said you left after lunch, I'm not surprised it wasn't busy. I would guess the majority of people probably would come to experience FearFest, so you would probably see the majority of crowds around night.

As for the poster who asked about CP not being busy...I'm afraid you missed your shot. Halloweekends are ALWAYS slammed!

yeah i got there RIGHT when it opened and there was almost nobody there.

I am heading there Saturday. I plan on being there all day. I am sure some people come there for the haunted attractions in the evening. My family’s season passes went to waste big time this year. Hopefully next year with the additions of Nick Universe it will make us want to come out more.

How are the lines for the haunted attractions? Any tips on the ones to hit first…last…not at all?

I am heading there Saturday. I plan on being there all day. I am sure some people come there for the haunted attractions in the evening. My family’s season passes went to waste big time this year. Hopefully next year with the additions of Nick Universe it will make us want to come out more.

How are the lines for the haunted attractions? Any tips on the ones to hit first…last…not at all?

go to Maze of Madness, That haunt gets you all hyped up.

When we were going through the haunt at Beast Bash with just the effects going, it was disorienting and scary. Let alone when you have 18 scaracters in there, not to mention that there are movable gates, so they can actually "trap" people within the maze.

Yes, I noticed that they removed the crawl through portion from Psycho Path when I went through it on Friday. It might still have been there, just behind black tarps/mats on the left. I don`t think it was wise to have added that in a haunt out in the woods. It might have been better suited for Headless Hollow or Massacre Manor.

Makes me wonder how Winter Fest will work if people think its too cold now.This may be why they want you to get your tickets now, you may not want one when it gets cold.

It's not really fair to compare a normal day to Winterfest because of the weather. After all, Winterfest is themed for the cold weather and a normal day is just a normal day.

I plan on going to Winterfest. Did anyone else catch the prices on the food? I hope I hit the lottery lol.

Thanks for the hint PKIbabe89. Did they take the tunnel thing out of the mummy haunt? At 32 it’s getting hard to get down and crawl and keep up with the kids. They tend to look for anything to make fun of Dad getting older.

I plan on going to Winterfest. Did anyone else catch the prices on the food? I hope I hit the lottery lol.

Thanks for the hint PKIbabe89. Did they take the tunnel thing out of the mummy haunt? At 32 it’s getting hard to get down and crawl and keep up with the kids. They tend to look for anything to make fun of Dad getting older.

ha... You can take the tunnel or bypass it. I'm telling you, I had my camcorder in one hand and a backpack on and it was simple. I actually wondered why it didn't seem harder, but given my volunteer work (and your profession) it's like cake work. Just imagine crawling through a small space without a 40lb air pack on and breathing real air instead of through an SCBA. lol