2008- New Paramount Park in Nashville?

Thrillsareparamount

Some rumors are flying around about a new Paramount Park to join the family i being constructed in Nashville, Tennessee! biggrin.gif

Apparently its called Paramount Nashville Gardens

the roller coasters are ony 3 being build

Vortex

Timid Racer

Scooby Doo's Gasping Ghoster Coaster

Itll start out small but over the years itll grow...if the rumor is true of course dry.gif

I highly doubt that this "rumor" is true. Last I heard the only Paramount Park that was being planned was the one over in China. And I haven`t heard if details/plans have been finallized or if that project has been given the green light. Now Paramount does have a managment contract with Bonfante Gardens (a not-for-profit park in Gilroy, California).

It should be pretty easy to confirm or disprove... It's not like you can build a theme park in secret. Not only do public companies tell their shareholders about things like that, but there's always public hearings on zoning, traffic issues, etc. Look how long we've been hearing about the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, and they haven't even started construction yet. (BTW...a quick Google search of "'Paramount Parks' Nashville" didn't find anything even close to this rumor...)

A new park in Nashville has been rumored ever since Opryland closed. Previously, the rumor always was that Six Flags was building it. I guess that idea is too far out for anyone to believe now! biggrin.gif

I bet CoastersRZ has something with the Bonfante Gardens tie-in helping to fuel this rumor (well, at least the name part of it.)

Bonfante Gardens will most likely never be a Paramount Park, its too close to PGA, I believe the only reason Paramount manages it was to keep competition away from buying it and developing it. I wouldnt expect any new parks from Paramount or Six Flags, In an articel my unle sent me from Fort Wayne, SIx Flags discussed building a park there, however its unlikely to happen, six flags doesnt have the money at all.

Uhhh...no. Paramount would not build a new park with attractions named Vortex, Scooby Doo, and Timid Racer. They would go for the complete movie approach.

I agree completly wink.gif Scooby-Doo? Yeah right, it would be themed to Nickelodeon if anything and those other names are just old attraction names that I doubt they would ever use in this day and age. As MrPKI said, "They would go for the complete movie approach."

^^But scooby is popular with the kids and adults wink.gif maybe they would go for a Scooby Doo Dark Ride.

Iam sure some new paramount parks will pop up or shall I say CBS parks ..anyway I think we will see at least 2 New paramount parks one here in america and one across the pond.

There have been two proposed overseas Paramount Parks--one in China and one in Japan. Neither one has yet made it beyond the initial design phase. In both cases, Paramount Parks would not own the parks, rather they would design & manage the parks for local investement groups.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Paramount picked up a few of the domestic Six Flags parks which will inevitably be for sale. (Which ones, however, I don't have a clue.) I find it very unlikely that Paramount (or anyone) would attempt to build a brand new US park from the ground up in the near future. It's simply too expensive (costs for building new parks now usually approach $1B), and the market for major regional theme parks is pretty much saturated at this point. Keep in mind that with a few exceptions (Jazzland, Visionland, Elitch Gardens) pretty much all new US parks built within the last 10-15 years have been built by either Disney or Universal, and were built to expand existing resorts. There have been a lot of new parks proposed...very few actually making it to construction. (I think Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach has the best chances of any, and to be honest, that one still isn't a done deal five years after it was announced...)

I wonder if Paramount would consider opening stand-alone CDBB waterparks? There has been a lot of waterparks built over the last ten years, and that market continues to expand. The local demographics required for a stand-alone waterpark are much less restrictive than a full-fledged theme park, and development costs are a lot lower. I think that could definitely be a good way to expand the reach and revenues of Paramount Parks...

Joel

No Paramount Park in Nashville, endo story. Dolly will be the only person that will even try and bring a park back to Nashville as she expands her empire once again.

Not sure about that. We can pretty much assume that Gaylord Entertainment will not venture into the Theme Park area again. But there is certainly groups within that area that can garner and start amassing capital to do such. I could see a conglomeration of recording artists putting the capital behind such a venture.

Gaylord is done with the whole Themepark idea and for that reasson it begs for Dolly to enter the Nashville market, which would bring additional guests to her main park. Think if with your Dollywood seasson pass you had a park to go to in Nashville also. Would definately boost attendacne from both and would also pull visitors away from SilverDollar City in Branson, which was big competition for Opryland.

Gaylord is done with the whole Themepark idea and for that reasson it begs for Dolly to enter the Nashville market, which would bring additional guests to her main park. Think if with your Dollywood seasson pass you had a park to go to in Nashville also. Would definately boost attendacne from both and would also pull visitors away from SilverDollar City in Branson, which was big competition for Opryland.

Why would they want to pull visitors away from Silver Dollar City in Branson?

Herschend Family Entertainment are partners with Dolly Parton in Dollywood. They also own Silver Dollar City in Branson (among other entertainment venues).

http://www.hfecorp.com/

Think if with your Dollywood seasson pass you had a park to go to in Nashville also. Would definately boost attendacne from both and would also pull visitors away from SilverDollar City in Branson, which was big competition for Opryland.

I wonder if they still let Bush Gardens Williamsburg and Kings Dominon Season passholders to do special days in each others parks? That was something that used to be popular. It was also nice that Kings Dominon workers and Bush Gardens workers were able to go to each others parks enterchangably.

I highly doubt PKI will buy the Screachin Eagle, especially just to have another coaster.

I have never heard of BGW and PKD admitting season pass holders from the other park before. I would imagine that they don`t do this anymore and has been discontinued for a number of years.

I have never heard of BGW and PKD admitting season pass holder from the other park before? I would imagine that they don`t do this anymore and has been discontinued for a number of years.

Probably so. This was in the mid-80's. The parks allowed free access for their employees and offered special events for each others season pass holders. As it was explained to me, it was a way to keep employees and to generate new business.

I highly doubt PKI will buy the Screachin Eagle, especially just to have another coaster.

Yeah, I agree, but I think her point is a good one.

This whole thread is about building brand new parks, while there's one SBNO in our own backyard.

Joel

Yeah. Its ashame Park River Corporation (owned by Mrs. Walker), the company that owns Coney Island, sold the park. They apparantly sunk a lot of money into park infrastructure and saw little return on their investment and from what I have heard had a hard time finding good workers for the park. If only they had held onto it, the park still might be open. Hopefully, the park will once again open up so visitors can ride some of its classic rides.