Apparently Carowinds will be the first park to be haunted by the addams family in 2007. It is a Small Accelerator intamin coaster....that tkes place enclosed of what has been called the new addams mansion!

60 feet tal

42mph

or so ive been told

l

First off, you can tell hes full of crap and whoever told him that load of garbage is just messing with him because he claims it will go 42 mph and be an intamin accelerator coaster. Are you an idiot? The accelerator coasters cant have many elements added to them and theyre made to go at speeds from 70mph to 135mph. If its only going to be 42 mph then theyd use a different type of coaster so that way they could add possible inversions, and make it more compact. Like Roller Nut said, its way to early to tell whats coming in 2007.

Ninja's right. They can but not as well as say a LIM coaster like FOF. Xcellerators take up a lot more room and use a system which is designed to catapult them at very high speeds, 42 mph is not a high speed and does not require the system an xcellerator coaster uses. Why pay millions to put in an intamin excellerator when you can save millions by using LIMs to launch it if thats what was decided. The parks do have a 5 and 10 year plan and an outlook on their future, what business doesnt, however, its unlikely that they know what attractions their getting. To decided what attraction their getting requires so much time and factors to take into consideration.

Your right combat but read what peteytherocker Posted

''Apparently Carowinds will be the first park to be haunted by the addams family in 2007. It is a Small Accelerator intamin coaster.''

Yeah Small scale makes more sense..plus it would be a custom track.

I dunno about Carowinds getting it..I was told PKI and PCW would be the first ones in line.

Still everyone seems to be missing THE POINT! Accelerator coasters are made with a special launch system to propel them to extremely fast speeds, and requires more room. An Xcellerator coaster will not be used to make a ride that goes 42 mph. You can do that with LIM's as demonstrated with Italian Job and save space, plus Xcellerator coasters take up a lot of room for inversions, why waste the space and money with the unreliability of an Intamin Xcellerator coaster when you can put in something more compact that gets the job done for a cheaper cost, that is how paramount thinks.

Listen closely to what your "sources" tell you, just cause you heard it from your sup or another associate doesnt make it true, not trying to be offensive just saying the general employess dont know crap, IJ was a multi million dollar attraction with lines the size of TRTR's and is a coaster, thrill seekers like coasters. Kings Island tends to hype things up a bit. No offense Jeff Seibert.

Actually, Rita at Alton Towers in England is an Intamin Accelerator coaster, and it has a top speed of only 61 mph. The thing about it though, is that it reaches its top speed in 2.5 seconds, which is far more rapid form of acceleration than is offered on a standard LIM coaster. Truthfully, I don`t see an Intamin coaster, accelerator or not, coming to PKI in the coming years. I do think that there may be a chance of seeing a coaster in 2007 though.

I`m sure PKI has a master plan of the direction they want to go. I`m sure that when they are finalizing plans for Nick Universe, they are already underway planning what ride they will purchase in 2007. But plans can change. Look back at 2000, when they announced they were removing the Kings Mills Log Flume. But the ride was renovated instead of being torn down. I`m not entirely sure if they originally planned to renovate it from the get go. But I`m sure they decided they were only going to keep one of their two fllumes.

Listen closely to what your "sources" tell you, just cause you heard it from your sup or another associate doesnt make it true, not trying to be offensive just saying the general employess dont know crap, IJ was a multi million dollar attraction with lines the size of TRTR's and is a coaster, thrill seekers like coasters. Kings Island tends to hype things up a bit. No offense Jeff Seibert.

There is no way you can say that tomb raider is not a high thrill attraction. Personally I think tomb raider is one of the most intense rides in the entire park.

IDK, it kinda sounds like that IJ:ST would have originally been themed to the Addams Family Coaster according to peteytherocker, before the original rights went in limbo.

Just imagine the beginning launch into the upward helix which is inside the big Addams Family mansion. Then, the cars swoop down to the graveyard and dodge evil tree monsters or ghosts. It then goes through a big overbank back into the graveyard, twisting and turning until the cars take a hard left turn back into the mansion, down some steps, and into the basement, where guests get attacked by somthing evil (I don't know). Finally, they take a quick speed course through the darkened hallways of the Addams Family mansion and crash through a castle wall and down into the mansion moat.

The queue line would revolve around the different rooms of the mansion, while meeting the different members of the family. Just think; a dilapidated manor would look totally WICKED where the upward spiral is now.

Or maybe that's just me. I don't know, I'm just making this stuff up as I go.

I agree it sounds awsome BUT.. you forgot one tiny little bit of details... The ride was suppose to have pre-show and the coaster was suppose to blast off into the family catacombs and out of the house through a open gave.

Since PKI got Tomb Raider:The Ride may Carwinds is getting The Addams.

Who knows Iam sure we will find out soon enough.