Another innocent hurricane victim

Resize this if you want, but everyone should see the detail of this photo. My dad is with the Nat'l Guard, he went to Mississippi. On the laptop he had I found this picture, other people have used it, so I'm not sure where it came from. If anyone knows what place this is, please post it on here...

Get ready..

user posted image

No really, it looks like the park was not badly damaged by the Hurricane. I mean of course the flood damage on the buildings will be extensive. But their wood coaster uses steel supports. So corner cutting on Six Flags behalf actually was a blessing in disguise! laugh.gif

I heard somewhere the park will reopen, but not as a Six Flags park - but as just a locally owned and operated park.

• Sad 1

No really, it looks like the park was not badly damaged by the Hurricane. I mean of course the flood damage on the buildings will be extensive. But their wood coaster uses steel supports. So corner cutting on Six Flags behalf actually was a blessing in disguise! laugh.gif

I heard somewhere the park will reopen, but not as a Six Flags park - but as just a locally owned and operated park.

Six Flags didn't build Megazeph, the folks from Jazzland built it prior to the Six Flags purchase. The other thing, steel supports aren't neccesarily a corner cutting thing. Parks that are cramped on space benefit from the steel support structures because they typically require less room.

Currently, in the Six Flags agreement with the city of New Orleans....in exchange for not paying property tax and city fees, Six Flags is required to rebuild in the event of damage. Not sure if they'll find a way outta that one or not? If they can, they'd be smart to get out! The park has lost money since it opened in 2000, slapping the Six Flags name certainly didn't help as expected either. Sadly, Megazeph is one of about 10 CCI's that I haven't been on :-( Hope it finds a new home or gets a second chance in New Orleans!

could six flgas ever buy paramount parks? They could do some great things with it.

Like what? Run all 5 of our parks into the ground, let the midways become landfills, and not inspect our rides properly? Oh yeah, I just cant wait for SF to buy up Paramount parks, they need to do something about that 3 billion dollar debt thing though.

could six flgas ever buy paramount parks?  They could do some great things with it.

Like what? Run all 5 of our parks into the ground, let the midways become landfills, and not inspect our rides properly? Oh yeah, I just cant wait for SF to buy up Paramount parks, they need to do something about that 3 billion dollar debt thing though.

Yeah I agree totally SF arent as good as they used to be I'd rather have paramount than SF!