Antique Cars to be Removed in Mid-Season

King Bowser

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay

I hear that the Antique Cars are going to be removed mid-season to make room for the 2005 Attraction what do you all think.I *HOPE* that the Addams Family Coaster rumor is coming true. :):wacko:

I've heard that rumor as well. Apparently they're going to reveal plans at The Beast's birthday party. It had BETTER be for a coaster.... you just don't remove Arrow rides. :D

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings, but every time a park removes an Arrow ride, an angel gets set on fire!"

Antique Cars were always located in Coney Mall since the park opened. There was another station on the south side of the current Antique car lot on the path across from the lake. The park closed that side, which was known as the Ohio Overland Auto Livery, around 1997 sometime. There also used to be the Sunshine Turnpike which was located next to Kings Mills Log Flume, which is now Wild Thornberrys River Adventure. Sunshine Turnpike, was the same concept as the Antique cars, except they were sports cars instead of old fashioned model Ts. Sunshine was removed after the 1993 season to make way for Nickelodeon SPlat City in 1995.

I guess only the part of the antique cars that is being removed is the station that closed and has been closed for a long time,Iam hearing that they will have to reroute the Antique cars track...as well as dig up the path way.

I saw this coming a long time go. The cars are getting old but they still draw a crowd. But think of there location. The area surrounding it is greatly flowing with people. Altho the cars are a traditional and classical theme to the park, they are not too exciting.

Why do people always want PKI to blow the "diapers" off of Cedar Point? They coexist together quite nicely and create some friendly competition. After all, if PKI was the only park around, they would not have the need to add new attractions every season.

exactly right, PKI should just worry about themselves and what they have. They have a great collection of rides, coasters, shows, and scenery, they really don't have to worry about competing with CP. Now back to the cars, what exactly would they do with that area the cars operated in if they are taken out?

Uh-oh, here goes this argument again. Whether or not PKI and CP are in competition. Some say yes, some say no. I think so, but I really don't want to go there. Anyway, I think the cars should stay. They are great for little kids whom want to feel like they are driving.

This news makes me happy. But it makes my mom upset because of my brother. My brother can't ride huge rides because he wont and he can't ride small rides because he's too big. He has a mental problem..so he wont probably ever ride the huge rides Adventure Express made him cry. And the old fashion cars was one of the rides my brother would ride and he would be able to ride for a long time. i think that they do need more inbetween rides and they should build this coaster at another location.

Well if it is true that they are only removing the one side of the ride that means they're going to have to retrack to other side. To me it make more since to move the side they want to continue to operate to another location. I don't know where that location should be, but I think it needs to be somewhere close to Nick Central/HB Land. If they would do this it would give them more land to put a nice new coaster on (maybe a flyer like BORG at Carowinds) and it would put the cars in an area that is more accessible to their target riders.

I think that they should put in a launching coaster. Although that's a lot of area, it's not all that much for a lift hill. Maybe an Intamin 100mph'er? I think that if they do put in a lift hill it shouldn't be a turnaround one like Vortex and SoB. I like the up then down without turning hills better.

I remember talk of a new attraction and area that it was going to be in was to be all themed together, Like a ride and restaurant, but it may have been BB they was talking about, if not this could be it.

I know Preston Tuckers is not open that much and could be a place they may change.

I remember talk of a new attraction and area that it was going to be in was to be all themed together, Like a ride and restaurant, but it may have been BB they was talking about, if not this could be it.

I know Preston Tuckers is not open that much and could be a place they may change.

Yea, I remember that to but don't you think they will retheme the Flyers too? Or just move it again?