Favorite Launch

screamingnight

I think they all feel the same to me, despite me knowing they all have different acceleration rates. My absolute fav. launching ride for the weirdest reason is FOF. Lol, the loud noise from the LIM's kicking in just gets my adrenalin going for some reason aha laugh.gif .

You guys are just all PKI peeps and need to expand your horizons. PKI isnt the best in everything if anything beside the kids area.

gotta commend you FoF'96, You have brains, most of the people on this forum havent spoken many good words about anywhere else, when in fact, there are many parks, that uh, DONT have safety brakes every 3 feet on their headline attractions...

Can you tell I dont like trims?

I hate that Voyage will have them, but It is the only way to build it...

Now back to Launches, I must say the LIM Launchers by Premier (FoF) happen to be sweet, Loud and exciting, fast and thrilling, but there is something about the weight Drop Tower's fog horn blasting loud, then launching at the acceleration of 9.81 m/(s*s)... hmm, anyone wanna take a guess as to why 9.81??

I did not say that FOF is my fav launching ride because of this being a PKI fansite. I have been on Dragster, Wicket Twister, Hulk, Rockin Rollercoaster, Storm Runner, and finally all the launching rides at PKI. Dragster is fast but not powerful imo. Hulk didn't do anything for me either. Wicked Twister felt wicked fast one time then felt slower the second time for some reason. The rest were all ok. FOF seemed fast from the start and for some reason, during the 8 times I rode it wen I went there, seemed to speed up even more after the camera took our picture. Add that to a sweet and scary sounding beginning of when the train is launched and you have a winner in my book for the best launch.

Yea you forgot the 9.8 m/s squared.

Well:

9.81 m/(s*s)

The IJST launch is fun but the LIMs are no way near the best. The best have got to be the Air Launced.

Well: I never really said the LIMs were the best, if you recall, I said Weight drop is best..

I like LIM for the noise, and Hydro for the speed capabilities...

And yeah, FoF is a nice, Launch, but I still must say I like Greezed Lightnin's even better, there is something about the rattle and honking, plus I've been on it with a Fault... laugh.gif

oh yeah, FoF'96...

::Throws Dictionary::

You guys are just all PKI peeps and need to expand your horizons.  PKI isnt the best in everything if anything beside the kids area.

It takes something called MONEYto go to other parks which I try to do every spring/summer.

I LOVE LIM LAUNCHERS AND... Air Compressed. yeah I agree Storm Runner rules blink.gif

I agree with NickRoed... He're my list of top launches that I've been on

1. Volcano (catches you off guard and goes strait up)

2. Hypersonic (very smooth, you just take off)

3. Top Thrill (feels like a jet taking off, awesome!)

4. Greased lightning (rode it at SFog and SFKK after they moved it..)

5. Flight of Fear (both,pki's was my first launch ever, it was incredible)

6. Hulk (6th best launch, best coaster ever though smile.gif

7. IJST (the slow launch goes well with the themeing)

• 1 month later...

Why are LIM and LSM seperate? laugh.gif

Launches on rides like FOF and IJST use both types of motors. LIMs can accelerate things to high speed - but cannot start an object moving from stand-still. The LSM gives it the initial push, and then the LIM takes over.

LIM is Linear Induction Motor and LSM is Linear Synchronous Motor.

Vortex, technically Flight of Fear did not get new trains. The old trains were just modified to have the old restraints removed and the new lap and ankle bars installed.

And I don`t consider IJST to be lame. Yes, it is not tall or long or very fast. But its launch out of the station is still quite intense for the size that it is, and that helix is also a fun little element that isn`t found on most coasters. While it isn`t high on thrills, and may not be your cup of tea, I don`t consider it a "lame" coaster.

Vortex, technically Flight of Fear did not get new trains.  The old trains were just modified to have the old restraints removed and the new lap and ankle bars installed. 

And I don`t consider IJST to be lame.  Yes, it is not tall or long or very fast.  But its launch out of the station is still quite intense for the size that it is, and that helix is also a fun little element that isn`t found on most coasters.  While it isn`t high on thrills, and may not be your cup of tea, I don`t consider it a "lame" coaster.

Have you been to any other park other than PKI that has a launch coaster? If so what launch coasters have you been on in other parks?

Edited by Vortex