**UPDATE** Let the Winterfest Preparations Begin!

I am so excited for Winterfest. I do not like the price of the food. I plan on going to dinner at a restaurant somewhere close (Any suggestions?) and then being at the park when it opens on a Saturday. Next year I will get a room at Great Wolf Lodge and make a weekend of it.

Frishes Big Boy and if you have kids use your Halloween coupons and get their meals for free.....you can't beat free! I always buy coupons 8 for $1 and use them......they don't expire till mid-December

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frishes Big Boy and if you have kids use your Halloween coupons and get their meals for free.....you can't beat free! I always buy coupons 8 for $1 and use them......they don't expire till mid-December

MMMMMMM, I miss Frishes! I could really go for a Big Boy Platter and some hot fudge cake right now!

I am looking forward to returning to PKI in the glow of the winter lights! The preparations the park has been making look awesome. Hopefully, the new reincarnated Winterfest will be better than its predecessor! And hopefully it will be here for years to come.

Shaggy, FearFest this year was pretty well attended, especially on Saturday nights. Friday night crowds were a little on the light side in comparison to Saturday. Jeff Siebert mentioned before the final ride on The Beast of the season that FearFest will get a "jolt" next season with even more atmosphere theming added.

A little update from in the park...

The star logo has been added atop the tower (haven't seen it lit yet)

The garland, wreaths, and lights have taken over and are all over the buildings.

The outline lights are about halfway done down I-Street

The wire-frame sculptures have been added to the fountain pedistals and look really nice.

The cooling units have begun to be added to the ice-skating rink

The Holiday Illuminations show has been completed on the lake, and looks really nice at night.

Tonight they were testing the new lighting on the tower around 6:00pm.

Overall the park is looking really nice.....I can't wait for it all to be lit up!!

Yes.....it is a real ice rink!!! and apperently the new cooling system is able to chill the ice even if it is a "warmer" winter......I think I heard up into the 50s.

And yes.....things are at a very frantic pace right now......I have never seen so many people working on one project at the same time before.

Speaking of the lights on the Eiffel Tower....

user posted image

I captured this image from WCPO Channel 9`s webcam that is situated atop the roof of the Action FX Theater. I grabbed the image at about quarter till 7 on Thursday evening (the 10th of November). As you can see, and as Shman has stated, they are in fact testing the lights on the Eiffel Tower Christmas tree.

Click here for Channel 9`s Kings Island webcam. (It was loading really slow for me, and I have Broadband).

One day like between nights of fire and school starting I saw the lights on the Eeifel Tower lit up.. Not the strands but the others (does anyone know what Im talking about?).. But anyways I was lookin aroud the tower the other day and noticed these boxes that say CityBeam on them.. They're like 5000 dollars a pice and theres 6 of them!! Theyr what I saw lighting up the tower once in different spots of colors and theyr awesommmme!! I cant wait to see tjem lighting up again..

If anyone saw the tower at nights of fire, it was like that but 10 times brighter! biggrin.gif