Fearfest sucked this year

mplebanon

I know Headless Hollow had a long wait at times, but the longest average wait for Maze Of Madness was 1 hour...from the entrance of the Zephyr.

Nah... Dane and I did the Maze Saturday night and waited from the Zephyr... I don't think it was any more than 20mins. Give it up for Scott and his people eating machine!! biggrin.gif

I know Headless Hollow had a long wait at times, but the longest average wait for Maze Of Madness was 1 hour...from the entrance of the Zephyr.

Nah... Dane and I did the Maze Saturday night and waited from the Zephyr... I don't think it was any more than 20mins. Give it up for Scott and his people eating machine!! biggrin.gif

Scott told me you guys were there...Go Us!

I would REALLY like to understand how this could have been possible compared to the Saturday night I was at. Like I said, the people I was with ATTEMPTED the Maze Of Madness line. They started a little AFTER you go under The Racer. In about a half hour they hadn't even reached the part where you "que" around, and decided to come back and meet me and do something else with the other people I was with. How can it be that MY night it took that long for such a short distance, yet people claim it was anywhere from 1 hour to 20 minutes from way back by Zephyr on other nights...what could they have been doing different?

What was the deal with Cornstalkers???!!!! it was a minute walk thru fog and 3 guys in costumes were in it!      it was terrible

Actually there are 8 scaracters in cornstalkers at all times. And what do you mean whats the deal, its a great idea, its a haunted pathway that you dont have to wait in line for. That was one of the best attractions there. Sorry you didnt have to wait 20 minutes for it.

I would REALLY like to understand how this could have been possible compared to the Saturday night I was at. Like I said, the people I was with ATTEMPTED the Maze Of Madness line. They started a little AFTER you go under The Racer. In about a half hour they hadn't even reached the part where you "que" around, and decided to come back and meet me and do something else with the other people I was with. How can it be that MY night it took that long for such a short distance, yet people claim it was anywhere from 1 hour to 20 minutes from way back by Zephyr on other nights...what could they have been doing different?

I don't think 20 minutes from the Zephyr entrance is right...maybe time just flew by because you were having a good time (a.k.a. the point of Kings Island wink.gif ) From under The Racer was at most a 20 minute wait...actually, normally less. It was approx 45 min from the actual entrance gate at the beginning of the queue lines and approx. 1 hour from the ATM by the Zephyr entrance. We timed it multiple times.

It is possible that there could have been slight delays with groups 're-arranging' or with letting disability passes enter, but nothing extremely time consuming.

What was the deal with Cornstalkers???!!!! it was a minute walk thru fog and 3 guys in costumes were in it!      it was terrible

Actually there are 8 scaracters in cornstalkers at all times. And what do you mean whats the deal, its a great idea, its a haunted pathway that you dont have to wait in line for. That was one of the best attractions there. Sorry you didnt have to wait 20 minutes for it.

I loved CoRnStalkers it was a great idea!

I believe that cornSTALKERS and that little Gauntlet area by the Sling Shot were the best out of FearFest this year. Close-quarters scare tactics seem to be amazingly hip this year (scarecrows in your face, chainsaws inches away from your feet).

I think FaceOff is reffering to the one night where, apparently, the entire crew of cornSTALKERS crew went on break except for one scarecrow who was right at the beginning of the midway (by Massacre Manor).

Anyone else believe that Fear Street Nights was less themed than last year's House of Darkness? Or am I just imagining things?

Pki is a family park. For what you get for the price of admission it is a great value. You have the option of 6 haunted attractions and all the rides and attractions in the park. Now if you’re a season pass holder it’s Free! If not you could get in after 6PM for like $20. Now let’s compare this with some more traditional haunted houses that charge between $10-$20 per person for about 15-30 minutes of fun. Let’s also consider the lines at these haunts average 2 hours on peak nights. I would agree that Fearfest is not as scary as it could be. If that’s what you’re looking for you should seek out a seasonal haunted house. But in my book PKI has the best deal around.

PKI is not really a Family Park, when the kids can't do the big rides, they feel small, the bigger family rides at PKI include: TopGun, Congo Falls, WWC, Thronberrys, Beast, IJST, Racer, Zephyr... anything with a height restriction higher than 48" is not technically a family ride. Its more of a thrill park laugh.gif but it is currently my favorite thrill park...

Okay....does this sound weird?

40 years old and still whining like a 15 year old fan boy and using phrases like "Fearfest SUCKED!" Complaining that the lines are too long---at an AMUSEMENT PARK ON A SPECIAL EVENT!!!

And complaining that his daughter was--god forbid--LAUGHING in a haunted house instead of crapping her pants in the fetal position, sucking her thumb in the corner. I'm sure the common reaction of most people in a haunted house is not true fear but laughing at the silliness of it all.

And if you're a contractor who's been so intimately involved at the park for 28 years and know so much about the park wouldn't you know that a.) Fearfest IS open on Fridays, b.) Lines would be much shorter on those evenings and c.) exactly what Winterfest has?

Uh yeah. We should really put you in charge.

Sorry to sound angry. But I live 6 hours from PKI. I didn't get the pleasure of attending Fearfest. I'd LOVE to pay $20 for one night in the park with roller coasters and haunted houses instead of shelling out $12 for one stupid haunted house. Appreciate what you've got, bud.

it is great when other people do not see fit to accept anyone's view other than their own. The post that everyone appears to be commenting on (sorry- don't remember the name)- but a 40 year old that pays a small fortune to get a family in the park should come to expect some level of excellence. I have worked at PKI in the volunteer program several times this year in various positions and was stunned at some (not all) of the lack of work ethic... it really made those who like their jobs much harder because they had to pull the weight of everyone else.

Now, while I don't agree with all of his opinions (they are his based on experience of what happened to him).... PKI, I think did an outstanding job on theming for fearfest this year! Really, congrats to all who participated in the creation of the atmosphere... it was really outstanding. I did not take in any of the attractions, but was really impressed by all I saw.

Now, to Winterfest- no criticisms here, from everything I have seen thus far it looks like they are going "all out" on this, but for the price I hope that they offer more than it appears they are. $24 for admisson seems a little excessive (not to mention with the always pricey food). I do intend to go despite the cost. The walk-through in and of itself will be worth the experience.... but the cost will determine if it is one or many visits.

WOW...If I was just browsing this site for the first time and saw this thread first...I would just turn right around and not turn back. The dude is entitle to feel how he wants to feel. Its just as immature to counteract what some of you guys are calling "his immature" thoughts with personal critizisms. Its like some of you guys think its the end of the world when someone dissagrees w/ what PKI do. So just to let you guys know that what you are doing may make you feel like the "king of the mountian" but it makes you look like the jackass's of the barn...

Oh yeah, and it makes people not wanna read the boards since its filled w/ personal attacks...

I have to agree with you. Fearfest was beyond horrible. I had fun with my friends, but fearfesst was bad. And some guy posted about maze of madness being scary. maze was the worst one this year, even though it was the best last year. they need to open back up at 3, give the psychopath actors a break, and get it back to normal.

The only thing that was good was cornSTALKERS. I don't mind waiting for anything, but fearfest was very bad.

in cornSTALKERS one of my friends got so scared she jumped to the ground grabbed my legs and sat there for 10 minutes. Then she flat out laughed at psycho path.

who ever is a manager, needs to sit down and actually think for a second.

yes fearfest added theming. who cares about theming? 90% of people come for the haunted houses, so next year, work on the haunted houses! dont be an idiot...

Maze of madness- i didnt think they could ruin this haunt. how could they? it was so bad... i was happy to get out.

headless hollow- its pretty funny when theres nothing there. you see evereything before it happens. its just crates, so when you see one, theres an actor. really surprising after the first crate...

• 2 weeks later...

We couldn't start that early this year because that is harsh on the actors. We started getting ready at 1 and would work untill 1 in the morning that's a 12 hour shift for two days in a row and trying to get up on monday and go to school or work was horrible. Especially when u wake up and you've got no voice. I also don't think he should judge fearfest of the two crappiest houses. Ok clue for you all...if the line is short it must not be that good, if the line is long it must be fantastic!! I was in massacre manor and we were told many times that we were the best house...people were truly honestly scared in that house. Just because he is 40 doesn't mean he can't be scared, i made a 38 year old man so scared in our house he crapped his pants...gross but true. But i also agree with some of the others maybe you should have considered comming more then 1 day if u have had a pass for so long and enjoy each one on a diffrent day. Then i feel like you could have made a more informed and valued judgement although u are highly entitled to what you said. I really in short could care less because i worked my butt off i had fun and i got paid weather you enjoyed it or not, either way Kings Island wins because u came and u paid so that's all i have to say.

We couldn't start that early this year because that is harsh on the actors. We started getting ready at 1 and would work untill 1 in the morning that's a 12 hour shift for two days in a row and trying to get up on monday and go to school or work was horrible. Especially when u wake up and you've got no voice. I also don't think he should judge fearfest of the two crappiest houses. Ok clue for you all...if the line is short it must not be that good, if the line is long it must be fantastic!! I was in massacre manor and we were told many times that we were the best house...people were truly honestly scared in that house. Just because he is 40 doesn't mean he can't be scared, i made a 38 year old man so scared in our house he crapped his pants...gross but true. But i also agree with some of the others maybe you should have considered comming more then 1 day if u have had a pass for so long and enjoy each one on a diffrent day. Then i feel like you could have made a more informed and valued judgement although u are highly entitled to what you said. I really in short could care less because i worked my butt off i had fun and i got paid weather you enjoyed it or not, either way Kings Island wins because u came and u paid so that's all i have to say.

lostgirl's right; Massacre Manor was a blast this year. The darkened stat of the maze really helped the actors get truly great scares (it's awesome that you can hear seven groups of girls screaming their lungs out from the other side of a wall). Also, lostgirl, try having another job during the first half of the day, and then having to clock in for FearFest an hour after your morning shift ends.

I, for one, went through every attraction several times and came every day except for the last Sunday before coming up with an opinion, and, frankly, there more problems that came up than there were old ones that were addressed. But it's not the actors' faults; they were fired up every night and did the best that they could do. I commend each and every scareactor that worked FearFest this year and managd to get the fans to crap themselves.

I think it's whoever's behind management is what's causing the main problems. Specifically they never addressed the issue of PsychoPath's Line Control, having little to no creeper talent in the Curse of Sleepy Hollow zone (Rivertown) or not hiring enough scareactors to fill up each and every maze.

(Hey, Massacre Manor had a line that reached to Chick-fil-A every night, and it did NOT disapoint me at all)

Yeah but i mean u have to keep in mind too that people quit because conditions get kind of brutal sometimes, we get punched and hit and when we started we had 20 people in our maze, by the second day we had 14 and by the last we had 12, we had one girl running 3 scares, she slammed a door slid open a window yelled then ran down to this desk and slammed it and back to the door she went! She was fantastic. But we had a girl get punched and she quit. Some people got moved...it was bad, but we had soo much fun, i miss it but i think that parade for winterfest is fun too because i actually get to be pretty and not ugly.