SKYHAWK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still hoping to see a "Sky Swatter" (or whatever they're called) at CP, GL, or PKI in the next few years.

But, in the meantime, the Screaming Swing will suffice...

What's the capacity on that thing? Just looking at it, it looks a little low for CP standards...

I think it said 800, which is pretty good for a flat.

Yeah, that's really good for a flat...

I just read the long version of the press release. Each arm will hold 20 riders, or a total of 40 in a cycle. That's a lot better capacity than what I guessed from the picture.

It is a nice addition for CP.

What surprises me is the price reduction of $5.00 for general admission as well as some other admission prices for smaller children and seniors. According to the press release CP is also going to be dropping some food prices. I'm glad to see that some buisnesses are finally listening to consumers.

CP press release

I think its cool to that theyre getting this, but is it just me or do max air and skyhawk seem relativily similar. It just seems that getting a gaint swinging ride two years in a row is kinda redundant. Not that skyhawk wont be awesome, it just seems like they maybe should have gone for a ride that thrills you in a different way then swinging you back and forth.

^Yeah, just as we've been saying for awhile, Skyhawk is a lower capacity, non spinning maXair... this makes me wonder if theyre going to be adding something else. I just dont see how they want to attract people with this attraction........ "Last year you waited in a long line then spun in circles and swung for a few minutes....now do it again this year but wait even longer and dont spin!! IN 2006 the thrills come yet again to Cedar Point."

Maybe theyre trying to save some money.