What are the chances PKI will get a SpongBob ride.

ragerunner

So, what do you think the chances are that PKI will get the SpongBob ride next year. I think they are pretty good, here is why:

First: If the Avatar coaster really is a Zamperla Disko Coaster then this will not be a 'major' ride to anchor next years Nickelodeon Universe.

Second: If the park does purchase a package deal from Zamperla for the other rides, then this will allow them to save some money freeing up capital for a major attraction (i.e. SpongBob)

What do you think?

They also stated that more info would be annouced after winterfest why add a spongebob ride in 2007 when they can do so now as a part of Nickelodeon Universe.

PKI had a slime play area when the area known as splat city was popular the ballpit, slime sprayer ect werent that big of a hit thats one the the reasons that small area got removed.

While I would like to see the new Spongbob coaster, I don't think it's going to happen. Could, but I don't think it will. On another note did I read correctly that The Beastie is being renamed? That's a shame that it has to be renamed just to fit into the new Nick Universe.

Renamed, Rethemed, Painted...

You arent going to like this...

"Fairly Odd Coaster"

Themed to the Fairly-Odd Parents Cartoon,

Painted ... PINK!

I think they'd be missing the boat (pun intended) if they didn't get a Spongebob attraction as an anchor for Nick Universe. yes, the other cartoons are popular...but right now Spongebob is Nick's big hit...it would be like opening up Disneyworld without Mickey Mouse.

And, ahem, a good place would be, I don't know, hm...maybe taking out some lame dark ride with a certain dog and retheming it with QUALITY EFFECTS AND THEMING???

And, ahem, a good place would be, I don't know, hm...maybe taking out some lame dark ride with a certain dog and retheming it with QUALITY EFFECTS AND THEMING???

Hey SDaTHC isnt lame!!!! some kids like Scooby doo better than Spongebob! I know I love it SDaTHC.They arent gonna take out something they sunk money into and something thats really popular among park guests everyone knows if PKI gets boating school it will most likely be placed where the nick theater/green slime maze is!

I hope they do get SpongBob. It would be really nice for the park to have two quality indoor dark rides. (SpongBob and Scooby Doo). I think this would be a positive step for the park as it works on becoming more of a Universal/Disney type park. There are very few other parks in the US that have two quality dark rides outside of Disney and Universal. My kids will love this.

So if they add a Spongebob dark ride...what's the other quality one?

Seriously, Scooby sucks. The ride, not the character. It's just lame. Kids might like it because they don't have exposure to a REAL quality dark ride. Think about Universal Studios or Walt Disney world. The effects, the speed. Think about the ET ride at Universal Studios...it's amazing!

Scooby do is a bunch of lame cartboard cutouts and a silly game.

So if they add a Spongebob dark ride...what's the other quality one?

Seriously, Scooby sucks. The ride, not the character. It's just lame. Kids might like it because they don't have exposure to a REAL quality dark ride. Think about Universal Studios or Walt Disney world. The effects, the speed. Think about the ET ride at Universal Studios...it's amazing!

Scooby do is a bunch of lame cartboard cutouts and a silly game.

Watch your mouth sucka! I love the haunted castle its the first ride I ride everytime I go to the park hey homerjay seems like you havent been to a bunch of paramount parks because all scooby dark rides are the same..lame cut-outs? Nah I dont think so scooby is fun..its a different ride each time ya ride it.say what you will but I dont agree with your opinion I perfer Scooby doo dark rides over anything Universal or disney has dished out prob because I love the doo and hanna barbera in genaral..if they had spongebob it would be along the lines of enchanted voyage and maybe they will have Sally co. do the theming who knows.

I for one knows whats in store and the outlook is very good like skippy and combat said this topic sucks.Yes I think Spongebob Boating School will happen biggrin.gif

I love how some think they know everything about what is going to happen at PKI. And just how do you know what's in store? Are you under Jeffs desk? I don't beleive anyone on here knows other than if Jeff or Maureen is on here and posting under someones name.

While I would like to see the new Spongbob coaster, I don't think it's going to happen.  Could, but I don't think it will.  On another note did I read correctly that The Beastie is being renamed?  That's a shame that it has to be renamed just to fit into the new Nick Universe.

Renamed, Rethemed, Painted...

You arent going to like this...

"Fairly Odd Coaster"

Themed to the Fairly-Odd Parents Cartoon,

Painted ... PINK!

I hate to see it but hey everything has to change sometime.

I love how some think they know everything about what is going to happen at PKI. And just how do you know what's in store? Are you under Jeffs desk? I don't beleive anyone on here knows other than if Jeff or Maureen is on here and posting under someones name.

What about Craig Ross or the people who run Paramount Parks, Viacom, ect. Jeff and Maureen aren't the only two people who know what PKI is getting next year. No offense, I was just pointing it out.

I do believe that there are some people that know about these things. Although I do start to wonder sometimes when people say. "Oh man I wish I could tell you cause I know the new attraction......but I can't". I just seems to get a little repeatative sometimes. *sigh* all we can do is wait.smile.gif

I love how some think they know everything about what is going to happen at PKI.  And just how do you know what's in store?  Are you under Jeffs desk?  I don't beleive anyone on here knows other than if Jeff or Maureen is on here and posting under someones name.

What about Craig Ross or the people who run Paramount Parks, Viacom, ect. Jeff and Maureen aren't the only two people who know what PKI is getting next year. No offense, I was just pointing it out.

I do believe that there are some people that know about these things. Although I do start to wonder sometimes when people say. "Oh man I wish I could tell you cause I know the new attraction......but I can't". I just seems to get a little repeatative sometimes. *sigh* all we can do is wait.smile.gif

I agree. The ones that say "Oh I know" are the ones that don't know Jack censored.gif .

I forgot about Craig Ross! Thanks for pointing it out.

I do believe that there are some people that know about these things.  Although I do start to wonder sometimes when people say.  "Oh man I wish I could tell you cause I know the new attraction......but I can't".  I just seems to get a little repeatative sometimes.  *sigh* all we can do is wait.smile.gif

Hey, I really do know laugh.gif You pretty much singled me GGG out, but what do we care, you people believing us doesn't make our day any better. I for one think you know what's coming next year and are just playing dumb for various reasons wink.gif I could probably list all the people on this site who I know know's for sure but that, like next year's expansion, I must keep to myself (if you scan through the other topics you can see I've already confirmed a few people that you can consider reliable sources)!

BTW Gulliversrubadub, that's a very crude statement dry.gif

I agree that having two (actually three including Tomb Raider), quality darkride attractions is definatly a step closer to Universal/Disney! Getting rid of Scooby would be a dumb move as they would never get their darkride count up but actually building a new one in addition to Scooby is a great move (instead of just retheming the same one over and over). The only beef I have with Scooby is that this year, all five times I rode it, I never had a working gun (they really need to upkeep this ride as my little brother was really disappointed and almost cried after waiting all that time in line)! Also, I would have preferred the ride system that Sally put in for the other Scooby rides over the omnimovers left over from Phantom Theater that we currently use!

Nick Universe will be nothing like Nick Central (hence the name change to differentiate it from the rest) and will be more Universal-like as Jeff promised (for once)! I know a majority of you people were disappointed with Boomerang Bay and the Italian Job (myself included) because it didn't live up to the hype and deliver as promised. You've gotta trust me on this, I have no reason to lie to you, PKI will deliver (you'll see what I'm talking about come January)! For now, instead of comparing Nick Universe to Carowind's Nick Central, try comparing it to IOA's Suess Landing as it will be very similar in the amount of detail that will be put into the area! Don't forget, IOA is PKI's real only competition for Best Kids Area and what better way to improve the best, than to take what makes the competition so good and add it to your park! Anyways, I'm done preaching about this kinda stuff and it's really starting to wear on me. Don't expect much more out of me!

Final note: Don't epect Avatar to be a Zamperla Disk’O Coaster wink.gif