What are the chances PKI will get a SpongBob ride.

ragerunner

I do believe that there are some people that know about these things.  Although I do start to wonder sometimes when people say.  "Oh man I wish I could tell you cause I know the new attraction......but I can't".  I just seems to get a little repeatative sometimes.  *sigh* all we can do is wait.smile.gif

Hey, I really do know laugh.gif You pretty much singled me GGG out, but what do we care, you people believing us doesn't make our day any better. I for one think you know what's coming next year and are just playing dumb for various reasons wink.gif I could probably list all the people on this site who I know know's for sure but that, like next year's expansion, I must keep to myself (if you scan through the other topics you can see I've already confirmed a few people that you can consider reliable sources)!

BTW Gulliversrubadub, that's a very crude statement dry.gif

Not a crude statement just the facts. If you knew so much you would be telling what you knew. I haven't seen any kind of facts from you so until you prove to me beyond a shadow of of a doubt that you know what is coming I can only say you don't know JACK censored.gif

^I didn't say I didn't believe everyone that said that; certainly I don't believe everybody, but I don't believe no one, either (and that's not supposed to be a double negative). Oh, I also think it's kinda funny how you think I know what's coming. I just like to think logically about what different people have said and try and guess if there's a meaning behind it. I really don't have any behind the scenes info or anything, I just like to think and speculate.

Edit: This is in response to Skippy.

Oh, I also think it's kinda funny how you think I know what's coming.  I just like to think logically about what different people have said and try and guess if there's a meaning behind it.  I really don't have any behind the scenes info or anything, I just like to think and speculate.

Well then keep it up because most of the time your dead on wink.gif BTW Gulliversrubadub, the only way I could prove anything to you is by risking other people's jobs and I'm not going to do it!

Oh, I also think it's kinda funny how you think I know what's coming.  I just like to think logically about what different people have said and try and guess if there's a meaning behind it.  I really don't have any behind the scenes info or anything, I just like to think and speculate.

Well then keep it up because most of the time your dead on wink.gif BTW Gulliversrubadub, the only way I could prove anything to you is by risking other people's jobs and I'm not going to do it!

Like I said until you prove it you don't know JACK censored.gif

I worked at PKi in the 90's and not one associate knew of any new attractions until 1 day before it was annouced to the public. They knew something was coming just not it was so don't tell me you know what is going to happen cause you don't.

I know something SPONGEY is in the works while I will say this much if PKI only adds a coaster themed to Avatar then they are stupider( blink.gif ) than I thought look at the facts Spongebob is Nick's 1# rated show,Boating School did tremondously well on those surveys(from what I hear),Most of Spongebob's fanbase are 2-35! Parents,Grandparents watch spongebob with the kids in there lives...so most adults know the concept of the show... while avatar is nick's 3# rated show and doesnt have much of a fanbase hey I cant stand avatar I hate that show!

Why I would agree that SDHC could use more 3 Dimensional Animatronics and not just the flat cardboards, overall I think they ride is well done. (Yes, they need to keep the guns working) I and my family just moved to Ohio about 2 months ago from florida (were we had annual passes to Universal, Sea World and Disney). But, our kids enjoy the Scooby Doo ride as much as ET or Cat in the Hat.

I really do hope they are able to pull of a Seuss Landing type of themed area, I would even settle for a Fivel, Curious George, Barney (Universal Studios) type area. One think that Universal and Disney do that PKI is starting to get is that along with the theming for the ride and area you need to have music that adds to the experience. Example: Wild Thornberry has the music playing at the ride entrance but not on the ride. Tomb Raider does a much better job incorporating the music with the entire experience.

On a side note: Has anyone ever noticed that the music from the Phontom Theater is the same music on the main lift for Journey to Atlantis at Sea World in Florida.

Why I would agree that SDHC could use more 3 Dimensional Animatronics and not just the flat cardboards, overall I think they ride is well done. (Yes, they need to keep the guns working) I and my family just moved to Ohio about 2 months ago from florida (were we had annual passes to Universal, Sea World and Disney). But, our kids enjoy the Scooby Doo ride as much as ET or Cat in the Hat.

I really do hope they are able to pull of a Seuss Landing type of themed area, I would even settle for a Fivel, Curious George, Barney (Universal Studios) type area. One think that Universal and Disney do that PKI is starting to get is that along with the theming for the ride and area you need to have music that adds to the experience. Example: Wild Thornberry has the music playing at the ride entrance but not on the ride. Tomb Raider does a much better job incorporating the music with the entire experience.

Welcome to the Coaster Capital of the World my friend! Here you'll find very little theming, but PKI and GL & WWK (from what I've hear) are looking to change that, until then enjoy Ohio's 3-MEGA parks that make Ohio the third largest theme park destination in America ( beaten only by Florida and California)! Having grown up on Disney and Universal myself, I'm a huge theming buff as you can imagine wink.gif I'm loving PKI's recent push for theming based attractions and they've been pleasing me way more then Cedar Fair in recent years (although WWK at GL is a step in the right direction, theming wise)!

Scooby-Doo just seems bad because everyone's comparing it to the year-round Orlando parks that can dish out alot more money, we're just spoiled with them, but the requests I made about Scooby-Doo are reasonable and should be looked into! It's something that comes standard with highly themed attraction in a theme park and should no problem by now!

I agree with you about the custom in-park music, having both of the IOA soundtracks and multiple WDW ones, it really helps pull the theming together and sucks you into the story (i.e. Tomb Raider, Flight of Fear, and the Wild Thornberrys River Adventure)! BTW, have you ever noticed they play the music from Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Disneyland) in the Adventure Express queue and station? I only wish it was a hint to the future unsure.gif I like the original custom made Adventure Express theme that they still play every once in awhile!

Erhmm..Hanna-Barbera is still around most 8-17 year olds know about the Jetsons and Flintstones so dont act so surprised.

It was sarcasim. I'm one that think it's not the wisest of moves to remove HB Theming from the park. Heck, I didn't think it was wise to remove HB row markers from the parking lot.

But, our kids enjoy the Scooby Doo ride as much as ET or Cat in the Hat.

NOOOOOOOO! Your kids enjoy a ride with *GASP* HB Characters!

Erhmm..Hanna-Barbera is still around most 8-17 year olds know about the Jetsons and Flintstones so dont act so surprised.

If that were true, and HB was as popular as it says it is, then it would be HB universe next year, not Nick UNiverse.

I'd love to see a Spongebob Crash Course wild mouse coaster. My only question for all the people who claim that this coaster is coming to PKI is this. Roller coasters, no matter what design, no matter how small or large, just don't appear over night, they take alot of time to build. A wild mouse coaster that is enclosed with lots of themeing would take quite a while to build and I'm sure that digging would commence before the ground froze. Are there any survey markers or any sort of indication of this ride? Plus if they were removing other rides/buildings for Spongebob that process would have surely started wouldn't it have?

Italian Job started having survey marker spottings in what May or June and the actual clearing of land and construction started in late August or September and it didn't open until late May. If there aren't at least survey markers yet I'm highly doubting a Spongebob coaster. I know wild mouse coasters are fairly quick to construct but still; this ride wouldn't open until late June or July, unless PKI either has a building frenzy or really cut corners in the building of this ride.

I'm going to say that I highly doubt a Spongebob coaster unless there is some sort of tangable signs of work around where it would be located. Like I stated earlier, roller coasters just don't appear over night and it's already November with winter and frozen ground approaching very quickly. I'd say the likelyhood of a Spongebob coaster this year is 5% at best, even though I admit that I'd love to see it.

But, our kids enjoy the Scooby Doo ride as much as ET or Cat in the Hat.

NOOOOOOOO! Your kids enjoy a ride with *GASP* HB Characters!

If that were true, and HB was as popular as it says it is, then it would be HB universe next year, not Nick UNiverse.

Er no it wouldnt mainly because Warners Bros owns Hanna-Barbera now Paramount would be paying lots of money to keep HB in the park if that were true.

Its becoming Nick Universe because the nicktoons are morepopular with kids these days, WAY more popular than HB charecters. Yeah, that sucks, as I would much rather watch HB cartoons than garbage like Rocket Power, but its what kids want these days. Out with the old, in with the new. First HB, then Scooby. Then it will all be Nickelodeon......and it will be darn good too.

user posted image

Out with the old, in with the new...

I like Scooby_Doo's point yeah Nick is popular among kids today but so is Boomerang(HB cartoons) & Cartoon Network,Disney Channel,ToonDisney Nick isnt the only thing kids watch.

And have any of you been to Hot Topic lately I walked in there and they have Hanna-Barbera T-Shirts and when I went to do some early Christmas Shopping I found more Hanna-Barbera Merch!

• 1 month later...

Details and concept art will be made public in January. Exactly when, is anybody`s guess. But I remember hearing somewhere that they will be talking about the details at the No Coaster Con in Chicago (second weekend in January I beleve) and EastCoaster (I believe the final weekend in January)

I'm hoping that IF PKI gets a Spongebob themed coaster/darkride it will be like Phantom Theater in a way to understand what I'm getting at have any of you rode or seen pics of the new Monsters Inc ride @ DisneyLand?

if not look at these pics and tell me what you think

Monsters Inc Ride...Just think how cool this ride would be if it were spongebob themed.....

Like I've said before there's no way a Spongebob Ride is coming next year, so many people have claimed "Oh, just wait and see" but its not coming. It would be impossible to build an entire coaster and the building to contain it with all the themeing in just four or five months. Not to mention any builder that has any brains at all would have at least started foundations before the ground became completely frozen solid. I'd like to see a Spongebob ride just as much as everyone else but roller coasters just don't pop out of the ground.

^ Well its more of a Darkride than a coaster joker or it could be an outside attraction like the little mermaid attraction at disney sea I still think we will see something spongebob-ish if not then paramount and PKI really are stupid spongebobs nick 1# rated show and a lot of people watch spongebob and more & more college students watch than kids!

ANd hope the new kids area is worthy of being the best in the U.S.A

Highly themed and family and kid friendly park .

Since our existing kids area is already rated that 5 years in a row, I can't imagine the new addition not maintaining that quality.

And just to wiegh in on this whole Spongebob thing.......I would not expect to see any type of major Spongebob roller-coaster or darkride in the new area. BUT don't be alarmed Spongebob will definatly not be left out, he will have an entire nieghborhood in the new section dedicated to him and his friends