What are the chances PKI will get a SpongBob ride.

ragerunner

This past weekend was a sneak pre-view for The Monsters Inc attraction.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that rolleyes.gif Looks good though!

I'm still hoping for boating school beside even if pki doesnt get boatin school this wont be the first time pki has let me down *Cough IJST Cough*

That's good, it should makes things easier come this January wink.gif Plans change unfortunatly.

Like I've said before there's no way a Spongebob Ride is coming next year, so many people have claimed "Oh, just wait and see" but its not coming. It would be impossible to build an entire coaster and the building to contain it with all the themeing in just four or five months. Not to mention any builder that has any brains at all would have at least started foundations before the ground became completely frozen solid. I'd like to see a Spongebob ride just as much as everyone else but roller coasters just don't pop out of the ground.

If I'm not mistaken, they began putting foundations in for IJ:ST in early November when it got real cold real quick, and had finished foundations by the end of November.

I was about to say Tomb Raider would be a good example of major indoor/outdoor work in under a year...until I found out that they had started ground clearing and markering in mid-July of 2001. But couldn't that count as an example?

And it's not like they would have to stop building automatically once the park opened at the end of April. IJ:ST didn't officially open until the end of May and did test runs during the last three weeks in May.

'Sides, they have five months. A LOT can happen in five months (ex: IJ:ST).

guitar.gif The RingMaster gives his regards...

Oh, Spongebob....Whyyyyyy?

The driving school idea is ingenious! Heck, my kid would be happy with a Plankton-themed tiltawhirl! I always wondered why the Action FX Theatre line area wasn't themed with Pineapple, Easter-Island Head and Rock, with foam "Flower Clouds" attached to the side of Racer. ....and animatronics popping out of the windows every half hour to entertain the HUGE lines that were always there. But I digress. I trust PKI will always come up with something cool.

Well, lets see. Spongebob opened in 2003, and was around for three seasons (not two) before they decided to can it. You hit the nail on the head though. Why theme it if they are going to switch out the movie after a couple seasons. If you remember, they did have some theming when Days of Thunder opened. They had a couple NASCAR shells and a filming truck. It was rather cool little theming element. That area is now home to landscaping beds.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 months later...