Waynes World Theming

The 1994 PKD brochure had a really good artist's rendition of the plans for Wayne's World, that showed the theming. I'll look at home to see if I still have it, and see if I can scan it to post.

I tried to check out themeparkbrochures.com to see if it was listed there, but that site is no longer up! That's too bad... sad.gif

The only changes to the Hurler were the removal of the queue TV, and the "Hot Set" barricades from the station. Also, when Carowinds added seatbelts to the Hurler, the flames were removed from the trains. Overall, the only changes to Wayne's World from to Thrill Zone were the removal of the Earth Globes(in 2002), and the street signs. The speed limit signs are still intact, and so are the road ways. That funky little car was also removed. Ironic that some of the Wayne's World theming can be found in the rest of the park on some days.

The Paramoount Story at PKI was known as Tower Gardens before Paramount bought the park in 1992. Before Tower Gardens, the site was home to the Kings Island Theater, a balloon structure, which housed the Sid and Marty Kroft marrionette puppett shows. The Kroft`s started at Coney Island, and moved with the park to Kings Island.

The Paramoount Story at PKI was known as Tower Gardens before Paramount bought the park in 1992. Before Tower Gardens, the site was home to the Kings Island Theater, a balloon structure, which housed the Sid and Marty Kroft marrionette puppett shows. The Kroft`s started at Coney Island, and moved with the park to Kings Island.

Right you are. And a little known trivia is that the Renaisance Festival (all be it a smaller version) took place in the gardens prior to it's permanent location in Harveysburg.