Changes I think that PKI needs

KIfan73

When I am around smoke, my lungs hurt and I get sick.  That is a FACT.  I do not listen to any web site to tell me that second hand smoke is not harmful. I know it IS harmful to me, and I am sure to many others as well.  I have seen all those sites and people stating so called facts, and I have found them to be very dubious.  I can also link to web sites with facts proving it is harmful.

I know from my personal experience that it is harmful to me.  Therefore I should not be subjected to it. Thanks goodness PKI agrees.

Ever thought maybe you have asthma or an allergie to the smoke? Plus it hasnt been proven to cause any fatal pain to you. My best friend cant stand to be around smoke cause of his allergies, but its in no way killing him. 2nd hand smoke is in no way a mass murder device killing us off one by one.

I don't think you're seeing his point. The 2nd hand smoke does bother a lot of people. That's why the designated smoking areas are there.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have been to Kings Island 5 times this year and not once was I assaulted by someone wearing heavy perfume. But I did have to get up and move twice while eating fries in Coney Island because of some smokers who refused to stop even after hearing the announcement that PKI is non-smoking. We have had to get out of line several times because I was near a smoker in the que and my allergy would act up. Cigarette smoke is far more irritating to people than things like perfume and such. If I am on an elevator with a lady with too much perfume on, later that night, I can not smell it on my clothes. If I am in the same room as a smoker or near one outside for more than a few seconds, I can smell it on my clothes all day. So once again, second hand smoke is in a league by itself and is not the same as other unpleasant smells. Cigarettes are about the foulest smelling thing out there, with a few other obvious exceptions. And the smell travels a huge distance from the smoker it seems.

I do have allergies, but they are confined to cats and cigarette smoke. I also have asthma, and it is irritated by smoke as well. I have been to 21 amusement parks this year, and nothing else there causes me the same amount of discomfort as second hand smoke. I am not picky or too sick to be in the park. I just would like to smokers to use the designated areas. Then they get their fix and I get my clean air. smile.gif

There really is no reason not to use the designated areas. You can not spit in PKI without hitting one, they are everwhere. I have never seen a park with so many of them! I think they are more than fair to the smokers. It could be much worse. I have been in zoos where their were NO such areas and you had to leave the zoo to smoke. I would not advocate anything like that.

^I agree with you man, I think its total crap when smokers dont obey the rules, especially those who smoke in line, its so much fun to bust them as an employee and I agree its an AWFUL smell and iritating to a lot of people. I, myself, dont smoke and think smoking is in now way good for you. Im just saying that all the hype about 2nd hand smoke being the 2nd holocaust is a load of crap. It smells bad, it agrivates allergies (I have them too), and its rude, but its not murdering people by the thousands everyday.

^I agree with you man, I think its total crap when smokers dont obey the rules, especially those who smoke in line, its so much fun to bust them as an employee and I agree its an AWFUL smell and iritating to a lot of people. I, myself, dont smoke and think smoking is in now way good for you. Im just saying that all the hype about 2nd hand smoke being the 2nd holocaust is a load of crap. It smells bad, it agrivates allergies (I have them too), and its rude, but its not murdering people by the thousands everyday.

Wow, you must be pretty jaded if you're one of those people who buy into the whole "second hand smoke isn't bad" slur. Lung cancer & heart disease are 2 of the many common serious risks people exposed to second hand smoke have suffered from. Backed by over 2 decades of scientic research, there is "no safety" in second hand smoke. Children frequently exposed to second hand smoke early in their life can progess to have asthma attacks. Once when I argued with someone about this they said that Penn & Teller proved that second hand smoke is harmless. If you are like this person and your rebuttle is similar, I would like to wish you, among other things, getting your health advice from stage musicians.

First off your the one getting your info from the wrong sources, had you taken the time to read through the topic you wouldve seen the link wooferbear posted about how both the EPA and WHO reports on second hand smoke are not only seriously flawed, but horribly innacurate. Go read the site, it has everything it says backed up and guess what.......second hand smoke.......doesnt kill you.

First off your the one getting your info from the wrong sources, had you taken the time to read through the topic you wouldve seen the link wooferbear posted about how both the EPA and WHO reports on second hand smoke are not only seriously flawed, but horribly innacurate. Go read the site, it has everything it says backed up and guess what.......second hand smoke.......doesnt kill you.

The Scientific Committee on Tobbacco and Health has proved time after time again that passive smoke increases the risk of lung cancer and/or heart disease, in both cases by at least 25% at the minimum. The SCOTH (Scientific Committee on Tobacco and Health) is made up of 15 of the most eminent medical scientists in Britian and the United States, and proved this as a counter against a smoker's group who challenged the government to prove the second hands moke is harmful.

The facts are right in front of you. You cannot honestly think that passive smoke is harmless when hundreds of people exposed of it from early childhood die from lung cancer and heart disease who otherwise had no problems! The facts are there, there is no getting around it.

Look at the site wooferbear posted and see where "SCOTH" got their information, from two flawed EPA and WHO reports, if passive smoke was really this mass murderer thered be WAY more regulation and restriction on smoking, yet there arent enough facts to proove that its killing enough people. Yeah, if you stand everyday next to a smoker for 45 years for about 6 hours, it will make you sick, but the same thing would happen with a household product and gasoline. Second hand smoke isnt killing anyone.

LINK!

I have serious reservations about the site wooferbear posted. While it claims to be interested only in the facts, they obviously have an agenda just like the anti-smoking forces. There are plenty of other sites where very respected medical professionals argue the dangers of second hand smoke. Science deals with probablities and uncertainties whch leads to 2 completely different and intelligent people coming up with different conclusions. I think it is a controversy that has two sides that likely will never agree. While I do not think that is slaughters people left and right, it seems obviously that second hand smoke is broadly harmful and does pose some health risks, although the evidence that it directly causes lung cancer is inconclusive overall. And I say again, even if you passionately believe that such smoke is harmless, would you really want your child subjected to it for prolonged periods of time? I somehow doubt it. So while evidence that second hand smoke kills people 100% of the time may be lacking, I still think there are plenty of respectable people who have serious reservations about it, and that is good enough for me.

But I agree with what someone else said. It is like Roe V Wade. You have two sides who are eternally opposed and it is doubful the debate about it here will change that. Hopefully I have tried to remain respectful in expressing my opinion! I think PKI crafted a good policy that supports those who do not want to be exposed and who want a pro-family environment while also giving smokers plenty of places to smoke.