winterfest

thebeast1979

No, all food at Winterfest will be horrible.

Kidding. I guess it depends on whether your taste buds like it or not. Go and give it a try.

FOF will not be open. Winterfest does not encompass that area of the park, and all coasters will be winterized prior. Although enclosed, steel coasters do not operate properly in cooler weather/winter months.

Shaggy

The food will be pricey, but for a one time thing, I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience.

You can actually pre-purchase meal tickets by clicking here. There are two different meal tickets available:

Winter Festhaus Meal:

Sliced Roast Turkey Breast, Cranberry Sauce, Dressing, Mash Potatoes w/gravy, Green Beans, Dinner Roll, Choice of Dessert, Soft drink, coffee, or hot chocolate.

Cost: $14.99

Winterfest Bubba Gump Meal:

Crab Cake, Steak Fries, Cole Slaw, Dinner Roll, Choice of Dessert, Soft drink, coffee or hot chocolate.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Winter Festhaus Meal... the meal looks fantastic and will only be capped by the amazing show that is going to be in there.

I'm going to start a new thread with this information, so look surprised if you see it. tongue.gif

This topic has been talked about many times here. Also the PKI website it gives details of all of winterfest. Like said in probably 3 other topics, no fof will not be open, neither will any part of Coney, AZ, the majority of HB and Nick Central. You can go here and here for details of everything at Winterfest.

Hmmm, apparantly my post has been edited. huh.gif

The main question of the thread is what kind of food will be at winterfest. The FOF question was just a BTW thing.

I know you have a lot of authority on here, being an ACEr and a Rides Supervisor - but be easy on the guy! rolleyes.gif On a forum like this with so much activity stuff gets quickly buried and doing a search for "winterfest" is going to return hundreds of results

That is one of the things I hate about Thrillnetwork. There is way too much forum activity and it is almost impossible to keep up with it. In one days time a thread can easily get 25 pages or more... And I hate Coasterbuzz cause it just plain sucks.

I believe that they will have the Skyline on IStreet open.  In fact, I think they opened up the Skyline on IStreet so that there would be a Skyline with indoor seating for Winterfest.

That was my initial reaction when I saw that Skyline there, that because neither of the other two in the park would be accessable during winterfest they put one there, however it doesnt say that it will be open in the list of dining areas. Though it also leaves out things like the fudge shop, LaRoses, Greaters and they will probably be open since they're on I street. I guess they are probably in the implied catagory and go without saying.

The food will be pricey, but for a one time thing, I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience.

You can actually pre-purchase meal tickets by clicking here. There are two different meal tickets available:

Winter Festhaus Meal:

Sliced Roast Turkey Breast, Cranberry Sauce, Dressing, Mash Potatoes w/gravy, Green Beans, Dinner Roll, Choice of Dessert, Soft drink, coffee, or hot chocolate.

Crab Cake, Steak Fries, Cole Slaw, Dinner Roll, Choice of Dessert, Soft drink, coffee or hot chocolate.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Winter Festhaus Meal... the meal looks fantastic and will only be capped by the amazing show that is going to be in there.

I'm going to start a new thread with this information, so look surprised if you see it. tongue.gif

Yeah how many kids do you know that really likes that food! Personally I am not paying 15$ so my kids will say YUCK! I ain't eating that

You can actually pre-purchase meal tickets by clicking here.  There are two different meal tickets available:

Winter Festhaus Meal:

I'm going to start a new thread with this information, so look surprised if you see it.  tongue.gif

Yeah how many kids do you know that really likes that food! Personally I am not paying 15$ so my kids will say YUCK! I ain't eating that

Ha... fantastic point. I think the Festhaus deal is more of a grown up thing. Even the entertainment (especially the live pianist) seems more like adult oriented entertainment.

That sucks. I did not get any park food this entire year!!! ohmy.gif I bought a couple milkshakes from Happy Days but that was it - and really those are more drinks than food. I have got calzones from real LaRosas however...

That winterfest food does sound VERY expensive. Ill probably just pick up some fast food before going to teh park. The only reason I am even going is to get some pictures of the stuff. I don't skate and I don't like Christmas all that much. Bah humbug! laugh.gif

Well, I`ll be going to Winterfest. I hope to skate on the fountain. I don`t recall if I have ever skated before. Yes, $14.99 for one meal is a bit pricey. As Klockster said, I will probably stop by a fast food joint on my way to or from Winterfest where I can get a meal for around $4 (although it might not be as good as the meal at Winterfest). I love the Christmas season. I spent the entire weekend putting up Christmas lights on my house. Who can beat this nice weather with temperatures in the 60`s in the middle of Novemeber. I have a feeling that December we will be paying for this nice weather now!

^ Also don't forget you don't have to eat from the meal plan. LaRosa's on I-Street will be open and Skyline Chili on I-Street will be open.

I love Christmas too, and I would have put my lights and stuff up at my house but my parents won't let me. Also you are right about paying the price for warmth in December, the local weather people are saying this could be the worst winter we have seen in a while.

-Jake

Yea but if you're going to come to Kings Island, you have to be ready to spend money. You cant go to KI looking for bargins and great deals, its just the way it works. If people are going to go to winterfest and be cheap about it, than they're missing the point of winterfest and the holiday spirit. (Just my opinion, please dont attack me)

If you do not like the prices then eat at a nice restaurant before you go to Winterfest. The prices are a little much for my little ones. I doubt my 3 year old son will eat $15 worth of food.

If your 3 year old is eating $15 worth of food at a pop - get him training cause he's gonna make an awesome Linebacker!

• 3 weeks later...

this may or may not be the right forum, but here goes anyway. My wife and I just made our 2005 visit to Winterfest... and a few things:

I believe that the park was truly at it's BEST last night. though I was concerned to be driving up at 5:30 and see no lights on the tower (didn't know that it doesn't light until 6-- years ago, it was always on).

International Restaurant was bustling with people (which was nice to see). the Festhaus has not looked that good in at least a decade (maybe more). The lights on the Intl St. buildings looked good (i hope they carry that into the operating season... now that all the bulbs are changed/work). The souvenirs were all reasonably priced (at least I thought so).

OK, Holiday Junction was a little hokey... but it's a Christmas show.... which ones aren't. And the actors seemed to really enjoy doing it (though I don't think in 32 years I've ever seen the line for the trains that long). the show at the paramount theater was great. Hokey as well.... but lots of enthusiasm and great energy. was also pleased with the amount of times that the upcoming holiday was referred to as christmas.

The thermometer said 32... but my word it seemed like -32. I remember going there in my early 20's and it being in the teens, single digits... didn't care. Now I wonder, "why on earth would anybody with half a brain freeze their a## off like that more than once?"

The ONLY suggestion I would even have unfortunately is with the marquee attraction..... the Eiffel Tower/tree. OK- the schizzo light show was annoying. Sometimes the lights were on; then only half on; then only the corners, then they were off all together..... then they were dim. Made it difficult to take picutres... and actually have the tree in the background. Suggestion.... just leave them on.... and turn the tower lights off.... looks more like a tree that way..... AND- call me a "purest"- but I ditch the paramount logo and go back to the traditional one-star approach.

none of that takes away from the experience though. The park was at it's best last night.... employees and decor. I don't know what festival some harsh critics were at (maybe they were at Carowinds accidentally). if you're disappointed because not enough was open or doesn't match your PKI experience. then you want to go to Kings Island in July.... not Winterfest in December.

About the food....

Winterfesthaus is offering much more than that meal deal. There is also a Roastbeef meal and a Lasagna meal. They are also offering Chicken Tenders for the little ones at a slighly lower price.

Fest Pizza is also open just on the otherside of the building, selling all of your favorite PKI Laroza's pizza selecions...aka Cheese or Pep, lol. We are not doing Calzones in Fest Pizza, but Rivertown Pizza is also open and I believe is selling Calzones.

Bubba Gumps is also offering much more than the Crab Cake meal. There is also a Rib & Shrimp meal, or you can get Ribs, fried Shrimp, Chicken Tenders, Corndogs, Chicken Tenders, or House or Caesar Salads by themselves. For the adults the back bar is still open with even more adult beverages such as hot buttered rum, spiced wine, Cafe Ameretto, Irish Coffee, Irish Chocolate, Chardony, White Zinfindel, and the normal assortment of drafts and bottles including the special Winterfest Ale by Coors.

As you know, Skyline is open. But there is also a cart just down the street from Skyline that serves Chilli, Potato soup, and tortilla soup in bread bowls, in addition to Baked Potatos and Turkey Legs.

Chickfila is open

There's also delicious snacks located throughout the park. There is a graters cart inside the Winterfest Haus as well as a Bakery Cart featuring many delecious treats from Buskin Bakery. There is a popcorn cart in front of Graters, A dip n dot cart near Nick Universe, and a roasted nut cart near the Eiffel Tower.

And of course our most popular Winter beverage location...STARBUCKS!

So there are plenty of excellent food choices for Winterfest, so eat up and enjoy chef.gif

winterfest was real good.went there sat dec.17th,2005.the lake show was good worked great.the train which had lights and postcards along the way was cool.i thought the whole winterfest was good.was the first time i ever went to a lights thing at a park i felt the christmas cheer the whole time.i liked the tower lighting too.i was in the season pass place right inside the gate to look in there and heard like a bunch say it was really good.the show at the paramount was cool too.they had bubba gump open as well.the parade was good could of been longer but it was good.i had a really good time.