Hypersonic and other launches

I was just looking through some pix of Hypersonic XLC, and I thought of something I've never thought about before. Does this ride and the similar ride in Japan have roll backs? And how does it stop if it does roll back? Like the rocketcoasters?

Also, what about coasters like Mr. Freeze and even the FoF coasters? How do they stop if they don't make the first inversion?

On FOF, there is a brake run at the end of the launch. A train launches, the brakes open, then close once the train has passed. So if there is a rollback, the brakes will catch the train. Then the ride ops get to push it back to load.

Mr. Freeze works the same way, only the brake run is located in the same place as the launch is.

Hypersonic: I'm not sure. Either the launch car mechanism will catch it, or there are brakes on the launch. I'll try to find more information on it.

Well, if there is a rollback on FoF, I don`t think the ride ops would be pushing the train back into the station. I would imagin maintenance would be called out. On IJST, there are also brakes right outside the station in case of a roll back. They also do not send the train in from the unload station until the train has cleared a sensor on the hill after the parking garage (in case of a rollback, the train might roll all the way back into the load station.

Hypersonic pulls out into a launching platform similar to how TTD leaves the station before launching, It has breaks all along that that open up before launch, but also, all Thrust Air coasters have breaks on the hill going up that can help to slow the train down before it hits the launch breaks. They act as trim breaks normally but if the ride senses a roll back, then they act as antirollback breaks.

user posted image

All launch coasters have to have some sort of rollback prevention method otherwise they would not be legal.

Hypersonic pulls out into a launching platform similar to how TTD leaves the station before launching, It has breaks all along that that open up before launch, but also, all Thrust Air coasters have breaks on the hill going up that can help to slow the train down before it hits the launch breaks. They act as trim breaks normally but if the ride senses a roll back, then they act as antirollback breaks.

All launch coasters have to have some sort of rollback prevention method otherwise they would not be legal.

BRAKES!!

Dictionary'D

But no hard feelings...

...Ii enjoyed my seat on To0O0omb Raider: The RiIiIide!!

As far as I know the brakes on the actual hill are only used if the compressed air mis-fires and uses too much power. They arn't used in the case of a roll back.

Before HyperSonic gets to the launch-way it passes through a stretch of brakes, then it hooks onto the launch hook, and launches. When it does roll back it rolls past where it just launched and is stopped by the brakes right before the launch section.

It doesn't get caught again by the launch hook again because after launching it stretches itself out to be flat. Seen Here

Though a roll back is very rare and I myself have not seen one. I know it happened a few times on it's media day.