PKICentral Exclusive: Winterfest!

PKICentral proudly brings to you an exclusive update! We were the one and only web site to actually tour the park during its Winterfest preparations and bring you over a hundred exclusive photos of PKI's final setup before Winterfest opens!

This exclusive update brings you:

• International Street decked out in all its glory
  • Holiday Illuminations, finalized
  • Santa's Toy Factory in the Paramount Theatre set construction
  • Winter Festhaus Construction
  • Bubba Gumps - Winterfest Style
  • Sets for the White Christmas Express
  • Nickelodeon Tree Lot
  • ....and MUCH MUCH more!
This update also includes non-Winterfest related photos as offseason rehab of some of your favorite rides and attractions!

A very warm and special thank you goes out Maureen Kaiser who took the time and effort to walk with us through a cold and snowy park... thank you so much!

Maureen asked me to point out the following:

• Despite the rumors on here, no, not FoF, Tomb Raider, nor any other thrill ride will be operating at Wintefest. Simply Scooby Doo and the Christmas Caper, White Christmas Express and the two carousels.
  • The International Restaurant will NOT be open to the general public.
  • Wings will not be open to the general public as well.
  • PKI anticipates a high demand for the Santa's Toy Factory show in the Paramount Theatre. If you wish to see the show, you will have to acquire a reservation ticket. These tickets will be available at the Return Visit booth. You can pick them up as soon as you enter the park and can request any show time that is available.
Click here to see the photos!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - Where I don't care who you are, if you're not me, you just got pwnt!

Excellent update, two things...

1- I think I would have seriously enjoyed the purchase process.... "go to a christmas store/warehouse...... BUY EVERYTHING!"

2- What the heck is that paramount star thing on top of the tower? Most traditional trees contain a single star (or angel)... not a series of stars that look suspiciously like they are racing behind a mountain at the beginning of a movie.

At first glance, it appears that the tower/tree is going to be quite a bit different than the one of a decade-plus ago.

but, STILL looking forward to it...

2- What the heck is that paramount star thing on top of the tower? Most traditional trees contain a single star (or angel)... not a series of stars that look suspiciously like they are racing behind a mountain at the beginning of a movie.

At first glance, it appears that the tower/tree is going to be quite a bit different than the one of a decade-plus ago.

but, STILL looking forward to it...

The star setup at the top of the tree is in fact the Paramount logo, there's really no secret behind that.

As for the rest of the show... you'll just have to sit back and wait. If you are into the magic of the holidays then in your wildest dreams you can not imagine what they have in store for you!

The park looks amazing! I have to say I am truly impressed with the amount of work and detail I see them putting into Winterfest. I think that it will be a very special event for everyone that attends. We can only hope that this will continue to grow and improve for years to come. The Festhaus looks in the best shape it’s been in years, and I can’t help but notice all the extra theatrical lighting they put up through out the park. I wonder why wings will not be open, since all of rivertown will be open, I would have thought wings with a little entertainment in there would be a very popular spot to warm up.

I wonder why wings will not be open, since all of rivertown will be open, I would have thought wings with a little entertainment in there would be a very popular spot to warm up.

Wings is being reserved for private party use.

...and the poem was mine. laugh.gif

Also, Maureen asked me to let you guys know that Pixie & Dixie's Swing Set as well as Top Cat's Taxi Jam are now on the list of rides that will be open for Winterfest.

Skating rental is a total of $10. $7 for ice fees, $3 for skate rental. You are welcome to bring your own skates to save the $3 and the ice fees are good all day, so you can leave and re-enter the ice at will.

Everyone should come see the parade, It's fun, upbeat, and magical...santa makes a special apperance! Enjoy and remember all the fun of christmas and winter time!

We REALLY wanted to come watch you guys reherse yesterday, but with it being as hectic as it is, we couldn't get ahold of Scott in time. I have no doubt that you guys will put on an amazing show. Click here to see a couple shots of the parade floats.

Looks like you guys are going to have an awesome time at Winterfest, I can only hope that Kings Dominion will join in on the spirit next year.

I honestly wonder why Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion did not join in. I was surprised when it was announced that Carowinds was having a Winterfest. The surprised that the other parks were not.

Great update guys!! There are TONS of pictures! The park is really looking awesome with the shear amount of decorations. The decorations are not just limited to Internationsl Street either! It seems like every railing or building has either garland with lights or a wreath or some other decoration! The train ride looks pretty good too with those new sets and speakers. I must admit that it seems as if PKI is doing things right with Winterfest! It looks like it will be a HUGE success!! Only eight days until it opens to the public! I wonder why they decided to add those two ride? If only they could have added another ride, like say the Dodgems like they had at the final Winterfest back in 1992. But that segment of the park won`t be open.

It is sad to see the kiddie tumblebug go. However, are they keeping the miniature train ride back in the South pie? Also, in one of the winter rehab pictures, it looked like there was the central hub for Dick Dastardly`s biplanes. Are both of these rides from South Pie going to be in the new Nick Universe?

Is the Paramount offically gone from the front of the fountain were it syas Kings Island, are we now just Kings Island? Or is it just gone cause it was so tall and blocked the tree lighting thing? It looks like if you looked from the right angle that the stars on the towere are suppose to be the stars for the sign.

-Jake

I honestly wonder why Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion did not join in.  I was surprised when it was announced that Carowinds was having a Winterfest.  The surprised that the other parks were not.

I know I'm being biased here, but I think Wonderland would be a better park to host a Winter thingy (than PKD and...well...PGA...rolleyes.gif). They already have Winter Wonderland copyrighted or whatever. That mountain would look pretty neat in lights too. I love imagining things! laugh.gif

Have fun guys!

I don't think we'll ever see a "CBS Kings Island"- the only way "paramount" would disappear from the name is throug a complete sale. There is too much marketing potential with the Paramount brand. If the peeps at viacom think that CBS is a better brand to filter the Parks through marketing-wise, then I better go over my resume and SEND.

Like many others, I am suprised that Canada's Wonderland didn't jump on the Winterfest ship. Cause, honestly- they are about the only park that is guarenteed snow during December to make it not just "feel" like winter, but look that way as well.

Like many others, I am suprised that Canada's Wonderland didn't jump on the Winterfest ship. Cause, honestly- they are about the only park that is guarenteed snow during December to make it not just "feel" like winter, but look that way as well.

At Wonderland, I do not think that snow would be an issue. At Kings Island and if Kings Dominion received snow at Winterfest it would be pretty disasterous. I think that in those areas would suffer huge attendance issues as inclimate weather tends to drop the attendance. Carowinds, if there were snow - I'm sure the park would close. When we get snow in the south - even fluries - everything shuts down.