Six Flags New Orleans Reopening?

I just noticed on Six Flags' web site that if you go to the SFNO page, it obviously says that the park is closed due to Kartina. Now here's the thing: if you page through its operating calendar, all the dates are marked as closed until you reach July of 06 and it's labeled as "TBD". It looks like Six Flags is going to take a shot at reopening next season, which is awesome considering the amount of damage done to the park.

• Sad 1

It looks like Six Flags is going to take a shot at reopening next season, which is awesome considering the amount of damage done to the park.

They'd really be foolish to give up a market like New Orleans. I think down the road, and with the right management that this could be a major player in the theme park industry.

Like I said, with the right management team. Honestly, the first time that I visited Six Flags Over Georgia, I did not expect a lot. I heard people talk about how nice the park was and how great the rides were. All I could think of in the back of my mind was "how could it compare with Kings Island and Cedar Point." I can say that I was pleasantly surprised.

• 4 weeks later...