Jeff Siebert Resigns from PKI

Shaggy

It is bittersweet that I report the news that Jeffrey Siebert has resigned his postion of Marketing and Communications Manager at Paramount's Kings Island.

Jeff has been with PKI since 2000, and has been an absolute staple at PKI. Jeff's passion for PKI as well as his attention to overall detail has help guide the park into a much improved, guest focused experience. He will no doubt be missed by his colleagues, coworkers and friends.

Jeff has been one of the most effective supporters of Coaster Enthusiasts and fans of the park. He truly is a great fellow that has left his amazing touch upon those of us lucky enough to share in various festivities, media events and enthusiast events at PKI. I cannot think of someone that is more generous with their time and efforts than he. I'll forever think of his smiling face whenever I enter PKI.

To me, Jeff is PKI. And the friendship that I have with he and his family is probably the greatest reason that PKI continues to mean so much to me.

But don't fret! All is not lost!

The good news is that Jeff will be assuming a position with Schlitterbahn Parks based in Galveston, TX. Jeff will begin work with the the world's most prominent waterpark company on Dec 7th.

Jeff's final day at PKI will be Dec 2nd. His final hoorah, will be this week's Winterfest opening. I cannot think of a better way to send him on his new adventure. It will be a party to end all parties.

On a side note, Jeff has been one of the most dear friends I could ask for. Aside from just being a tremendous buddy, I owe about 90% of my understanding and knowledge about PKI to him. I wish he and his family much luck in Texas.

No worries buddy, I'll be visiting soon ;-)

Shaggy

Jeff really is a great guy, I spoke to him quite a few times when he would come up to Beast in the mornings. The first time I ever met him was the year before Tomb Raider opened and he kept telling me as we walked down the SOB exiteabout how great the ride was gonna be. Schlitterbahn is awesome, I hope it turns out to be a good job for him, is maureen now the head of marketing?

Oh man, I was really hoping he would be the one to announce Nickelodeon Universe to share the details in the exhilerating way that only he can deliver and be there on opening day sad.gif This is sad to hear as he was literally the first PKI guy I've ever met! I wish him good luck at what has been voted the best water park chain in the world and I hope he brings them the delight and success that he's brought PKI. We'll miss you Jeff!

Jeff, you will be missed. It was fun seeing you at The Beast every now and then. I always loved your oh so hidden clues as to the future of the park.

I too am wondering if Maureen will take over Jeff's position, does anyone know this?

I will try to come to Winterfest before his final day to bid him farewell.

Those photoshops are funny! laugh.gif

The things I will miss most about Jeff are his videos. The Son of Beast Witch Project was ok... but the TOMB RAIDER THE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE was freaking hilarious. It is a must see if you haven't seen it!

Also it was always a highlight to be driving, and sending a train - then seeing Jeff Siebert sitting in the best seat on the best ride in the park! Vortex 71 baby!!! laugh.gif

Jeff was a world class act! He will be missed at PKI. But I`m sure that Maureen is up to the challenge of filling the void left by Jeff Siebert as he moves onto bigger and better things. Congratulations Jeff on your new job!

Hopefully, Muareen and the new person that comes into the department continue to offer enthusiasts such wonderful opportunities! Jeff`s enthusiasm about the park will be a hard void to fill! But I`m sure that there is someone out there up to the challenge of promoting our beloved park!

I remember the first contact I had with Jeff was back in October of 2000. Not going into too many details, I was having a problem with my season pass that no one else seemed to be willing to fix…after an e-mail to Jeff I was surprised that he didn’t just e-mail me back…he went to the trouble of actually calling me (long distance). Within’ minutes of our conversation he had everything “fixed“. He turned a bad situation into a very pleasant one.

It wasn’t until last year when I actually got to meet him face-to-face. It was my first year going to Beastbuzz and Jeff was there greeting everyone individually as they waited in line. It is probably an illusion, but he genuinely seems to be happy to meet you! The tour behind The Beast and the ERT that night will always be one of the highlights of my life, and Jeff was a big part of that. His enthusiasm for the park was contagious. I must admit, at my first Beastbuzz I was wondering if it was “geeky†for me to be getting such a thrill just walking behind a roller-coaster…but after seeing Jeff’s obvious love of the park I didn’t worry about that anymore.

After that day it seemed like Kings Island now had a “face†to it…it wasn’t just a corporation…it seemed more personal going to the park . I only got to meet him one more time…at this years Beastbuzz…but once again I wasn’t disappointed. From the greeting in the morning all the way to watching the promo videos he has done was great…The Brady Bunch parody will remain a classic.

Kings Island is losing a great person…and I hope Schlitterbahn Parks know how lucky they are.

Good Luck Jeff…and thanks!

P.S. I have heard people on here criticize others for thinking Jeff is a God…but who cares…I think he deserves it.

P.P.S. Yes, this is THE sappiest post I have EVER done on ANY message board!

Holy Moly! I am very surprised that Jeff and his family will relocate to Texas. It is a big change. Of course I wish them the very best.

Were it not for Jeff Siebert, there might never have been The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island. He helped me put it together. And that book launched my freelance writing career. I am indebted to Jeff and will miss him at PKI.

Fortunately, Maureen will remain and she has been a great asset to the park and me as a writer.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Italian Chef aka Charles Infosino

chef.gif

I had the hint that Maureen was taking Jeff's place b/c she has been doing a lot more promoting and I've been hearing more of her and less of Jeff.  Should have picked up on the hints  dry.gif

I assure you, that's 1000% NOT true.

So this was a last minute decision that noone at the park knew until Jeff made it public? And that Maureen was not in "training" to replace Jeff? Not trying to argue, but that is how I was taking it and when I started seeing her on the news and not Jeff, I was thinking to myself, "where is Jeff?" or "is Maureen taking his place or are they partners?" But if you are soo certain it is not true, then I will let it be.

So this was a last minute decision that noone at the park knew until Jeff made it public? And that Maureen was not in "training" to replace Jeff? Not trying to argue, but that is how I was taking it and when I started seeing her on the news and not Jeff, I was thinking to myself, "where is Jeff?" or "is Maureen taking his place or are they partners?" But if you are soo certain it is not true, then I will let it be.

Jeff was there this morning as well. They were taking turns with each station. There was several things going on this morning so they were split. Trust me Jeff was doing his share of talking too

Jeff was there this morning as well. They were taking turns with each station. There was several things going on this morning so they were split. Trust me Jeff was doing his share of talking too

Yep, I saw Jeff on Fox19...

kinda shocked and sad that he's leaving...

I had the hint that Maureen was taking Jeff's place b/c she has been doing a lot more promoting and I've been hearing more of her and less of Jeff.  Should have picked up on the hints  dry.gif

I assure you, that's 1000% NOT true.

I have no doubt that Maureen has always been in training to replace Jeff. That's part of your responsibility in a corperate environment, to train your possible successor.

No one knew until Friday. He wasn't pushed out or anything. Plus, they're likely not going to mess with a replacement until after Wintefest anyway.

Don't worry, you guys will be the first to know if anything unfolds.

Well, the only reason why I brought it up was b/c my last year working at PKI, we had 4 full time mangers instead of our normal 3 full time managers. They told us they wanted 1 full timer manger for each area (excluding the water park). At the end of the year is when the announced one of our full timer manager was moving to PKD and that the real reason why they started out with 4 full time manager was so that new manager would be able to replace the one that was leaving. This is why I found it heard to belive that noone know about this until just now. But I trust what you say Ryan. You have more inside knowledge then I ever had (and I used to work there laugh.gif )

well this certainly isn't the news i was expecting to see on PKIC today. this is really heartbreaking.. i emailed jeff a few days back and wondered why he hadn't gotten back to me cause he's usually VERY fast at responding to emails. i will miss him a lot!!! but life will move on and maureen will just have to be our new best friend. though i do'nt think anyone could ever replace jeff. man this blows. but maureen we love you!!! jeff good luck with everything and keep in touch