Winterfest is Back! Pictures and Video Online!

It was July 25th, 2005 when PKI gave us a very heartwarming announcement. We were told that the magic of the holiday season will return sparking new family traditions.

This Friday that tradition begins!

Today, the Winterfest preview brought an early light on that tradition. Here is a breakdown of the magic:

International Street:

I-Street is LIT UP! It really encompasses the overdone Christmas spirit, from everything to decorative holiday lights to a very beautifully done ice rink on the Royal Fountain. This is of course all topped off by the beautiful Eiffel Tower Christmas Tree!

Christmas Parade:

Very good presentation! The parade was actually a lot more high-energy than I thought it would be. All of the actors and actresses in the performance really seemed to really enjoy what they were doing and you could see it in their passion. Definitely one of this year's "must sees."

Holiday Illuminations:

One word... "wow." I walked into this show with high expectations. In fact, I thought I had over hyped it myself, but it was still above and beyond all expectations I had. The choreographed lights with the music made for a magical show that will not be soon forgotten.

White Christmas Express:

This one is another attraction that you really must do in order to really understand the spirit of Winterfest. The premise is that you are accompanying a lady soldier as she rides a train home for the holidays. I'm not sure who the lady was who played this character tonight, but when she got off the train to surprise her family, you could almost empathetically feel her excitement.

Santa's Toy Factory:

This show is one of the best shows I have ever seen at an amusement park.. ever. Had I seen this show at Disney or Bush Gardens (as they are known for their shows) I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Help Santa's elves recapture the Christmas Spirit as it fuel's Santa's sleigh to get off the ground! All of the elves seem to be happy except one... can the rest of the elves cheer him up and bring back his Christmas Spirit in time?

With one of the most beautiful and complex sets that I've ever seen and an incredible attention to detail, this show has definitely set the bar higher for the entertainment department at PKI. The only question remaining is, can the department meet and exceed our expectations in 2006 and beyond? Crystal ball says: YES.

Of course, there's much much more, but you'll just have to experience it for yourself!

Click here to see our latest Winterfest photos. To see Bill's awesome Winterfest video click here!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Ryan

PKICentral.com -- The seasonal park site where there's never an offseason!

Winterfest was AMAZING!!! And well worth the pay. I recomend for everyone to visit it at least once. You will not be disappointed!!!! Also, Santa's Toy Factory is a must see for anyone who has a kid (or is just a great big kid and loves Christmas). As Ryan said, PKI did not let me down. I plan on going back at least one more time.

It's great to hear all of these wonderful comments about WinterFest......I hope to read good trip report after good trip reports!!! It's also great to hear that everyone is enjoying the great Live Entertainment that is at WinterFest....the park really put time and money into this stuff this year, and I think it is showing BIG time!!!!

I wish I could view the video... Even if I could download it - it would not play on this computer... It looks good I guess - I think the effects look good and I love that they used the Paramount Parks Stars. But it kind of makes me in a bad mood looking at those pictures. Bah humbug! mellow.gif

THe best dang show outside of disney indeed Kings Island needs plenty more shows like this: during all there seasons of there seasonal theme park

great show indeed, and winterfest rocks too many more years:

the parade so cool another like disney attraction

heck get us flying dumbos we'd be disney:

but cooler we got the coasters:

don't see that as something good.

It is good, because they are trying to go for that movie theme and this progresses them. I think they will see how this goes and try to designs a great show for the regular season. 2005 was already better ith the pretty good School of Rock. Also I think the santa show's set design looks disneyish.

Why don't you see there shows going in that direction as something not good.

-Jake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...