Mall of America

^Technically Six Flags would be allowed to show the same spongebob show as us, the reason for that is because they have the same action theatre as we do. The company that produces that ride has rights to certain movies/cartoons/shows etc. Thats why we were allowed to show James Bond, an MGM movie, at a Paramount park and thats why Six Flags and Mall Of America can show Spongebob 3d, a viacom company cartoon, at a competitors park. Hope that clears it up.

^Oh, I thought the reason Paramount Parks got exclusive rights to show James Bond 007: License to Thrill was because they made the movie using the rights that they've aquired from MGM (hence Paramount Pictures making the recent Bond films) huh.gif Also, I thought it was Paramount Parks who decided to license out Sponge Bob 3D to other parks, after draining the attraction of all it's worth, to pick up a little extra cash? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Paramount Parks owns all the rights to atleast the Sponge Bob film wink.gif You may even notice the Paramount Parks logo on the poster in the link above (not that I'm using that to justify what I've said so far).

Fact: Landmark Entertainment Group designed James Bond 007: License to Thrill! These are the same guys that brought us T2/3D: Battle Across Time and Star Trek: The Experience.

^Nope, it is the company who makes the ride that secures rights to the movies, paramount leased them the rights to spongebob to make that movie and in turn any park who wants to purchase that movie for their ride is allowed since the actual ride company has the rights. Paramount pictures made no deal with MGM studios to make a James Bond attraction and Paramount has had nothing to do with any of the recent James Bond films, they are still under the MGM franchise. The ride concept team out at Paramount studios are not the ones who design the movies for the Action Fx theatre rather it is the company who made and designed the action FX theatre........I cant remember their name. Anyone know?

^I'm sorry Combat, I don't know what I was thinking, it's definatly MGM! Your wrong though on who owns the rights to Sponge Bob wink.gif SimEX-IWerks created the Turbo Ride system (Action FX Theater) but only helped them with the installation of Sponge Bob. Blur Studios are the ones who produced the ride film for Paramount Parks but it was Paramount Parks creative team who designed the film. Paramount Parks owns the rights to the film and all Blur Studios got was a hefty pay check!

Paramount Park makes the suggestion, writes the storyline, and hands it to Iwerks to create the movie. Even Days Of Thunder can be shown at any park that wants to show it. SpongeBob 3D is a trademark of Paramount Parks, it is the only one that is.

http://www.simex-iwerks.com/filmlibrary/ri...ongebobclip.htm

Days of Thunder is no longer listed on their site.

^They only showcase the films made for their ride systems to boost sales of those ride systems (so the customer knows what's avalable) but don't even create half of the films on their site, including Sponge Bob 3D! In Sponge Bob's case it was the award-winning Blur Studio who produced it, and if you still don't beleive me click on the link below:

http://www.pluginz.com/news/722