Your PKIC 2006 Wish List

If you could have anything on PKIC as far as content goes, what would it be?

Examples:

• More live shows and entertainment coverage i.e. Schoof of Rock interview
  • Exclusive PKIC content i.e. Winterfest construction tour photos
  • General park photos
  • General park videos
  • More event coverage i.e. Beast Buzz

Please be specific in your ideas. Remember that this is your site and we just run it, so we try to cater to what you, the members, find interesting and enjoy seeing on the site.

Thanks,

Ryan

Schoof of Rock interview

That sounds like an interesting new show ... I wonder if it is like School Of Rock laugh.gif .

This is what I would like to see ...

• More content (More pages to really get in depth on PKI)
  • Park Maps
  • More general photos

When I mentioned the School of Rock interview, I meant that as an example. But on that same note, it's been confirmed by countless sources that we will see a new and improved School of Rock 2.0 in 2006!

I like the examples you gave BoddaH wink.gif More live shows and entertainment coverage, especially some more cast interviews, would be great, but I'd really like to see some videos of PKI's live shows and entertainment biggrin.gif Maybe some exclusive PKIC teaser trailers, with clips from the show, for each of PKI's upcoming live shows to get members (and visitors) pumped!

Also, maybe after PKI's done showing one of it's live shows and has replaced it you can offer a full video of the live show (in place of the trailer as it's will no longer stop people from actually going out and seeing it for themselves)! Lot's of great PKI shows that I've never got the chance to see.

Exclusive PKIC content sounds great! Maybe some deconstruction photo/videos of Nick Central/Hanna-Barbera Land and eventually construction photos/videos of Nick Universe?

BTW, I'm really happy with what PKIC currently is and how it's run, and the fact that you wan't to improve on it's deserves a round of applause thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Keep up the good work guys!

Nope, on ride photos or videos at Paramount`s Kings Island and most other amusement parks are forbidden. If you are caught doing those activities on the rides (the Kings Island and Miami Valley Raiload at PKI is an exception) your camera will likely be confiscated, and you could possibly be ejected from the park.

Also, maybe after PKI's done showing one of it's live shows and has replaced it you can offer a full video of the live show (in place of the trailer as it's will no longer stop people from actually going out and seeing it for themselves)! Lot's of great PKI shows that I've never got the chance to see.

Live show trailers is a great idea. It's not a secret that PKIC will have a greater emphasis on the live shows and entertainment next year. Out of respect for the people doing the shows however, we likely won't put up enitre shows. If we ever did, it would be with special permission and likely after the show has closed.

How about a audio section? Like music from the park, events, interviews... or even a PKIC Podcast? I think that would be cool! Just my $6.66 worth! -Hauntguy

Music from the park would involve all sorts of copywrite red tape, so I doubt that would ever happen. Then again, the Podcast is a great idea. We actually toyed with the idea of having PKIC Radio years ago, but never got it off the ground. If we did have a PodCast, it would mostly be staff members hosting and and allowing call-ins. Would any of you know how to pull that one off?

how about, i dont know if your allowed...onride videos of the coasters

POV videos are illegal so we won't do that ourselves. They can only be done with special permission and special equipment. We'll try to get our hands on videos that have been done legally and get permission to upload them.

Thanks for your continued input. More suggestions are of course welcome!

Before I begin, I would like to congratulate the staff of PKIC for creating the best resource on PKI. I've been a member for over a year now and have seen the community grow. You have been up to date with the most recent news and the content on the site seems to get better every day.

wOOt wOOt PKIC!!!

For 2006, I would like to see some contests. also, I have not seem much happening with the PKIC shop. I think more advertisment would be great. I also think PKIC should get a new look for its logo (I'm not saying that the logo now is bad, It looks PKIC'ish, we just need something new).

I can't wait to see what is in store for 06.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this site is better than PKI.com. The professionalism is very impressive.

How about a VLog of trips to PKI for 2006? People can submit quick vids of their experiences/commentaries, etc. Maybe someone can put a webcam on the tower, and create a time-lapse of the new Nick Universe construction. Or, maybe some clips from some famous TV events/episodes that were filmed here (Evel Kneivel, Paul Revere, Nick & Jessica, et al).

Great site! Keep it up!

Well some of those suggestions can not be done because of copyright issues. And the webcam on top of the tower is off limits, since it is PKI property. It would be nice if the park brought back the webcam feature to their website though. (The webcam is still there, although it is no longer connected to their website).

I would like to see some up close photos of Timber Wolf because I have never been there.

Does TW have a back stage like Paramount Theater ?

Timberwolf does have a backstage area. Behind the stage is the "green room". It is pretty much a double-wide type mobile home. Most of the acts that come to Timberwolf do not use the green room as it is in pretty sad shape. Most come on a very nice tour bus, so they saty on the bus until show time. Timberwolf was the place to be until Riverbend opened up. All the top acts then moved their shows there. Timberwolf was on the chopping block a few years back, but there was an effort made to try to bring in more acts. However if the park is to bring back really big touring bands, the stage will need a major overhaul.