Jungle Jim's International Market

Ok, on the King Cobra topic I promised I would post some pics from Jungle Jims which features the old Kings Island monorail (under construction), some props from Kings Island, and some animatronics from Americana. The huge supermarket is located in fairfield and is becoming like an amusement park, at one of my old jobs I worked for the guy who designed the plan for the parking lot and who painted out the lines, my boss and I got to talk to Jungle Jim about the plans for the monorail. When it is complete (and IF they go with their original concept) the mono rail will have a main station complete with transfer track, two maintenance sheds, and a themed jungle station (already built), it will encircle the store, go to one station above Starbucks where riders will be able to get on and off on the outdoor station (confirmed, and under construction) or enter the 2nd floor expansion, the 3rd station (it has not been confirmed if this will still happen and this portion is not under construction) will be part of an underground wine cellar and the monorail will travel to an underground station. Right now, the trains and main station, mainteance hangers, and a few footers are in place as well as the 5th train on display by Route 4. Check out the pics here....

JUNGLE JIMS INTERNATIONAL MARKET!

Let me know what you think of the pics...

The pics are awesome! I'm looking forward to visiting Jungle Jim's in the near future. I think it's just a matter of time before they start adding other machanical attractions like: flats, kiddie rides, and maybe a jungle boat themed water flume ride. Who Knows. I understand a second scaled down version Jungle Jim's is in development for the proposed Cincinnati Mill Works Retail and Entertainment District in Oakley. Visit Cincinnati Mill Works for rederings and more information.

^Thanks for the feedback, it was no trouble getting them its only like 5 minutes from my house and any excuse to go out and take pictures of any subject is great, id get some pictures from the inside but theres a rule against it and I was told to leave today after I had a disposable camcorder out shooting for a short film im making.

The pics are awesome! I'm looking forward to visiting Jungle Jim's in the near future. I think it's just a matter of time before they start adding other machanical attractions like: flats, kiddie rides, and maybe a jungle boat themed water flume ride. Who Knows. I understand a second scaled down version Jungle Jim's is in development for the proposed Cincinnati Mill Works Retail and Entertainment District in Oakley. Visit Cincinnati Mill Works for rederings and more information.

Millworks is kinda like our Pullman Square.

JJ's has done a fantastic job modernizing them and keeping them in good shape, when they first arrived at Jungle Jims they had their old paint job and sat in his back lot on old rusted track and the looked like crap, as you can see now they look beautiful. I love how monorails looks, especially disneys.

There are fake people inside it but it is a real train, it just features a different paint scheme, and that is not the station it sits on, just a display. Anyone know the company who manufactured the monorail?

It was manufactured by Universal Mobility, which built the trains for the monorail's 1974 opening. The very same year, Kings Dominion also introduced their Lion Country Safari section and monorail - one year before the rest of the park opened in 1975. The company was later purchased by Bombardier, which has also manufactured the trains for larger monorails, like the one at Walt Disney World, and in Las Vegas.

http://monorails.org/tMspages/TPBUM.html

No, the Seattle Center Monorail was manufactured by Alweg. The original trains built for the monorail in 1962 are still used. Unfortunately, the monorail has been closed because of a side-by-side collision a couple weeks ago. For more, see:

http://monorails.org/tMspages/scrunch2005a.html

There was a good campaign and plan to build a full-length transit monorail for Seattle, but it was recalled in November after some serious overruns and final drawings that made it look far more imposing than what was previously proposed. And this is a more progressive city than, let's say, Cincinnati...

^That stinks that their monorail inst being utilized, I know Cincinnati hasnt had good luckwith light rail transit but wasnt/isnt there a plan to build a monorail like light rail system downtown for transit between stadium venues, museums, and other attractons across the river? I remember seeing concepts for something like the PRT monorail system. This conceptual picture at the bottom of this page looks like its in cincinnati, however its just a concept... http://monorails.org/tMspages/TPPRT.html

A lot of the old subway tunnels could not be used for light rail. Many of the tunnels have been filled in, or were never completed to tie into anything. One of the tunnels houses a large water main. There is an entire website dedicated to the history of the express ways, bridges and the abandoned subway in Cincinnati. Here is a link to the page on the abandoned Subway. And yes, had the Metro Moves plan passed in 2002, they would have been using the tunnels for light rail lines.

I think that the plans for the light rail system in Cincinnati are for the most part dead. The light rail was planned to connect the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Interanational Airport to downtown, and to follow the I-71 corridor up to Paramount`s Kings Island. However, there are no funds available to fund the building of the necessary rails and infrastructure for the light rail line. So unless another Metro Moves plan is put on the ballot, or some sort of federal grant is secured, the light rail will remain a dream on a drawing board.

Most of the local legislative officials are trying to secure funds to replace the aging Brent Spence Bridge, which carries I-71 and I-75. Even that, which has recieved some federal money is years out as feasibiility and environemental studies are being conducted. Then comes the part of right of way aquisition, and all the necessary engineering for the new span and the approaches. So a new bridge is at least five years out.

"Anyone know the company who manufactured the monorail?"

I know that Bombardier, the jet ski people lol, made the monorails at Disney. The PKI and Disney ones have a slight resembelence *sp?* in appearance. Thats my only guess on who made the PKI ones.

^Yeah if you read back a few posts coasters N sich explained it was a different company that was later bought out by Bombradier, but Bonbadier didnt make the KI monorails, err the Jungle Jims monorails now. Anyone know what happened to PKI and PC's monorails? Did the ofter Taft parks like Canada's Wonderland and Australia's wonderland have wild animal habitat or monorails? I know PCW has the monorails from Busch Gardens California which no longer operates.