Vortex needs...

kjkjkj

Heres an idea, if you dont like the topic than avoid it and dont post, geesh some people are amazingly stupid

Amizingly stupid. Amazingly stupid would be this senseless speculation that is not worthy for such a reputable site. I will post when and where i please. u sir clearly lack the ability to debate as an intellectual. Your usage of such primative accusations such as stupidity is shamefull and disrespectfull.

It would probably be cheaper just to build a new coaster then to renovate Vortex like that, also, wheres the lake behind Vortex? Just checked google earth and I've been around those parts before, no lake.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.342080,-...05922&t=k&hl=en

This is a picture of Kings Island in Google Maps.. in this you can CLEARLY see a lake that appears to be white.. anyone that knows PKI can tell you that there is a lake across the path from Larosas in Rivertown. The lake isnt BEHIND The Vortex.. if the lift hill was expanded, it would be "in front of" the Vortexs hill.

-Cougarman4907 wink.gif

Heres an idea, if you dont like the topic than avoid it and dont post, geesh some people are amazingly stupid

Amizingly stupid. Amazingly stupid would be this senseless speculation that is not worthy for such a reputable site. I will post when and where i please. u sir clearly lack the ability to debate as an intellectual. Your usage of such primative accusations such as stupidity is shamefull and disrespectfull.

just as bad as your accusations of this topic being "senseless" are just the same moron, we have the right to discuss what we wish here, last time i checked your not a moderator and no mods have closed this site, in fact some have even commented on the topic, its a good question of debate and opinion........the purpose of these message boards. You can post where and what you want and so can we and we have chose to post on this topic, if you dont like it then ignore it, your a typing contradiction.

While it would probably be very expensive to purchase new trains for Vortex, it may not even be possible to fit them with lap bars depending on how the trains would have to be designed to fit the track and deal iwth the forces.

just as bad as your accusations of this topic being "senseless" are just the same moron, we have the right to discuss what we wish here, last time i checked your not a moderator and no mods have closed this site, in fact some have even commented on the topic, its a good question of debate and opinion........the purpose of these message boards. You can post where and what you want and so can we and we have chose to post on this topic, if you dont like it then ignore it, your a typing contradiction.

While it would probably be very expensive to purchase new trains for Vortex, it may not even be possible to fit them with lap bars depending on how the trains would have to be designed to fit the track and deal iwth the forces.

Thanks King Maple The Tree King!

VERY WELL SAID! im glad someone in here could shut some people up.. this is after all.. an area that should be discussed.. it is very important to PKI and should be the same to us.

-Cougarman4907 smile.gif

The Rivertown lake would be infront of Vortex lift hill and to the right. Vortex lift hill goes straight toward Tomb Raider. There is no lake behind Vortex - I have been back through those roads. There might be a tiny little pond somewhere back in that jungle - but no lake.

There is however a huge wooden roller coaster, but its back a ways.. weird.gif

Same with The Racer. It really takes up a lot of area. And heck, they don't build coasters like that any more. I just think that it's lived it's life.

as previously stated, if you think racer is out of life, think again... racer is only breahing its 34 year old mark. There is plenty of life left in it, and Beastie for that matter, whether the track be Flanged Stop Bar system, or a Stop wheel system, they are totally fine to run and they are in great condition, just keep riding them and they wont go anywhere, and if people tell you that wooden coasters can't last all that long, then tell them of those awesome wooden coasters that last for years and years, such as the ones built in the 20s that were relocated, and those in the 50s, steel was a fairly new concept, possibly considered still of conceptual designing. Wood has conceptual designs as well, but the safety systems are tried and true. Wood coasters to not "shake" they sway to alleviate teh forces, Steel does not sway, it is brittle, if IT swayed, then it would snap. Wood coasters can (IMHO) outlive their Steel counterparts... and sure Steel saves space for structure, and has way more possibilities, wood has that classic fun feeling that everyone can enjoy.

Never ever say Racer is a Waste of Space, that makes me very very upset when you say "its lived its life"

Haven't your parents lived their life, they dont make them like that anymore... they were around since about the time of or before The Racer was built.

and as most Park fans know, Coasters have souls... dont screw with them.

There is however a huge wooden roller coaster, but its back a ways..

Lord We Think A Like!

as previously stated, if you think racer is out of life, think again... racer is only breahing its 34 year old mark.

That was Sarcasim! My way of showing how silly the notion of Vortex's years being over.

Keep in mind the very first Arrow Corkscrew - a direct decendent of Vortex - is still operating. It was built in the mid 70s.

Python is still a great ride at Bush Gardens.

And if Opryland were still open, I'm sure they still would be running the Wabash Cannon Ball.

A well maintained coaster can run for as long as people are interested. It's clearly evident that folk are still interested in Vortex.

I appologize for my comments. I just felt like arguing. i hearby retract my previous statements. In addition, i do not feel that Vortex is in need of any change in the near future and that we will not see any drastic change. However King Maple The Tree King, i do not feel that this topic is progressing in any way. Oh yeah, please dont call me a moron, thems is fightin words.

The Rivertown lake would be infront of Vortex lift hill and to the right. Vortex lift hill goes straight toward Tomb Raider. There is no lake behind Vortex - I have been back through those roads. There might be a tiny little pond somewhere back in that jungle - but no lake.

There is however a huge wooden roller coaster, but its back a ways.. 

My apologies Klockster, your correct.. The lift hill seems to be in an angle towards TRTR.. It might just be me, but i figured that a drop by Swan Lake would be a great use of land, and offer guests a unique experience of seeing the ride up close..

Ive been to Cedar Point many times, and have found that CP LOVES to make rides almost feel like there "in your face" cause there so close to guests.. it almost seems like CP wants you to be anxious and excited about their rides.. HMMM.. i havent been anxious or excited about riding one of PKIs rides in a long time..

-Cougarman4907

I appologize for my comments. I just felt like arguing. i hearby retract my previous statements. In addition, i do not feel that Vortex is in need of any change in the near future and that we will not see any drastic change. However King Maple The Tree King, i do not feel that this topic is progressing in any way. Oh yeah, please dont call me a moron, thems is fightin words.

Yeah the topic is beating a dead horse, but no one really knows the park managements plans for the aging, although gracefully, coaster. New trains could be considered a few Vekome coasters have tried out new trains from KumbaK coasters which are supposed to be amazingly comfortable and Arrow and Vekoma as far as I know use the same track type.

I like the harness on Vortex the way it is mostly cause i feel secure and it has handles right were im used to holding on to. Like FOF they changed it and i didnt know were to put my hands to hold on you know what i mean? One thing i do want to say The Beast better not go anywere the day they take that ride down is the day ill no longer buy a pass to KI.