rough coaster

screamingnight

I think the roughest coaster is SOB. Not only am i 6' 6" and the knees can barely fit in the thing, but it has to be the worst one going through those two double helixes. The smoothest part of the thing is going up the hill. Its still a GREAT coaster let me tell you i love the ride, but when it comes to the roughest coaster, this one takes it hands down.

Im 6 "4" and I have learned to sit in the front of the cars believe it or not there is more leg room for guys like us. Like on Vortex the best seat for a guy over 6 feet is the very front of the first car, you can stretch your legs straight out. Other then that we will have to live with brused knees.

I've tried that dude it doesnt work just ask anyone of my friends i sometimes fit, sometimes not no matter where i sit on the ride.

• 2 weeks later...

As to Uncle Henry's earlier comments about Gemini, there are those of us here who happen to LIKE Gemini. What coasters one does or does not like is hardly an indication of moronhood.

Besides, Gemini is a ton of fun, almost never has a significant line due to its VERY high capacity, and is a great coaster(s) to start the young'uns out on.

Some of us wish PKI offered a similar ride...

Appleda, you might want to ride the High Speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels....and ride the back seat of Beast when you are about 30 years older than you are now... smile.gif

Besides, Gemini is a ton of fun, almost never has a significant line due to its VERY high capacity, and is a great coaster(s) to start the young'uns out on.

I am 18 years old and have been riding coaster for most of my life. I rode Gemini for the first time a few years ago and I loved it. It has some dull moments but the head choppers come really close much closer than normal. Its a great ride.

• 1 month later...
As to Uncle Henry's earlier comments about Gemini, there are those of us here who happen to LIKE Gemini. What coasters one does or does not like is hardly an indication of moronhood.

He never said you were a moron for liking Gemini. I believe he was just calling people who call it a wooden coaster morons.

the Son of Beast, of course, but they were smoothing it out last i heard. it is rough becuase of the type of wood, thats all,so dont worry its not going to collapse right under you (though somethimes it really does feel that way) and its over 200 feet tall so its going to be a Little (very little) unstable.but i swear it gives you the time of your life, its my second favorite.

edit: WTF is Recar?

oh and top gun is only rough if you ride in the very back car... hehe, i know just where to sit on all the rollercoasters for a good smooth time. biggrin.gif

I know its supposed to do this but if you look at the top of Son of Beast just below that dip and when the train goes up there you can see the entire sturcture bulge out. It kinda freaks me out. laugh.gif I think the problem with SOB is that the wood gives to much and that is what makes the rough ride. But what do I know?