Stratosphere La$ Vega$

Sad Day in Coaster News:

Saturday at 2 am in La$-Vega$ The coaster on top of the stratosphere will close for ever, for a new state of the art thrill ride. I've rode it and it was fun along with there other rides.

The Stratosphere rides "separate the men from the boys," Gilmartin said. "There's people who do it and people who don't. There's very few people in the middle."

The High Roller makes two trips around an 840-foot, 32-degree banked track, taking riders on a two-minute panoramic tour of the Strip and valley. It makes two quick dips looking north on Interstate 15 and downtown.

So this topic dedicated to the High Roller and the future success of all of stratosperes endevors!

at one time as Much as I love Vegas the stratosphere was to have a coaster go off the side of it into the surrounding neighborhood.

proposed coaster back in 2001

http://www.rollercoasterworld.com/Featured...Tower/Tower.htm

But this would have been awseome. Vegas is home to great coasters indeed!

circus circus

buffalo bill's

sahara

and newyork newyork

all have great coasters!

loganrun, Notice how those graphics are from Arrow? Its kind unlikely that the coaster is even being though of now. I dont think S&S would do it.

And Combat, if you fall, you roll down the side onto the next level.

http://www.americansouthwest.net/nevada/ph...tratosphere.jpg

See? Its even fenced. So unless you bounce reeaaal nice, you wont fall.

Well I don't think there coaster is in the works anymore, but what I understand they may add one of those rides where you walk right off the tower and just fall kind of like bugy jumping I guess! wow!!!!!!

just walk off the tower and fall to the bottom!

then the TOgo coaster at newyork is awseome so cool!!!!

and then the one at buffallo bills is incredible too!!!!!!

long coaster you start inside and wind outside

Well, talked to my BF about this one. Apparently the coaster that is being dismantled is not much of a thrill. He said that it's tamer than most kid's rides. He also said it may look like there is a drop off in the pics but that there is a landing that extends at least 20 feet from where the cosater is.

Wow...I'm shocked. Guess I had good timing though. Was in Vegas the weekend of 12/17. I finally rode High Roller - a decent ride - nothing 'spectacular' but fun at night. Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum, I rode Insanity also! OMG! The only time I've truly been nervous to ride something...I was shaking afterwards, of course it could be because it was only 30 degrees outside before the spinning at that height!