camping at PKI

daytrips

Siebert is now working with Schlitterbahn parks as their manager of communications.  It was a promotion for him.  He left in the middle of December.  Although, Maureen Kaiser, Siebert`s partner in crime is still around.  Although, Siebert will be missed at PKI.

I doubt Siebert`s leaving the park will have much of an effect on the park.  The more imporant thing that will affect the park is who becomes the new owners after CBS sells the parks.

WOW! so he moved to Texas, Schlitterbahn parks are mostly waterparks, some of the biggest in the nation, I know a lot of people that go to the ones in Texas.

The managment down there is really laid back and have partys after hours all the time for guest. He'll really like working for them.

huh.gif I've burned my feet a few times on the concrete in the waterpark.

It gets just hot enough, and I was being saracastic in saying there

was suppose to be boardwalk in the waterpark also combat sutpendous 89,

as in don't beleave every word you hear on a tour. smile.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and boy is the hotel going to be huge indeed. I saw the pics at the great wolf site, the place looks amazing... I guess they could do camping elswhere, but where

True story: a tram driver told me that he heard the new campground would be in the field behind SOB. Take that for what it's worth.

In the parking garage, Have fun looking for fire wood.

I know where I can find some. It's called Son of Beast.

True story: a tram driver told me that he heard the new campground would be in the field behind SOB. Take that for what it's worth.

More Proof! Son of Beast being used for Fire Wood!

Someone Get the Dippin Dots Guy! <G>

True story: a tram driver told me that he heard the new campground would be in the field behind SOB.  Take that for what it's worth.

Okay, I maybe wrong here so someone feel free to correct me but, isn't there like a sewer or something in the field behind SOB? I'm pretty sure it smells like sewage back there some days.

Well, it wouldn`t surprise me if there was some sort of sewer line over in that area since the Lion Country Safari was over in that area. And how would you know how it smells back behind Son of Beast? Have you been back there before? It might have been the smell from one of the stagnant ponds that still resides back there and is left over from the days of the Lion Country Safari.

I second this, as I was told the same by a tram driver back in 2004. It was from a female, so that would be at least two employees with that opinion.

For those not up on their Kings Island lingo, that is Craig Ross, the executive vice president and general manager of Paramoun`t Kings Island. It would not surprise me if at some point they rebuild a campground over behind the plant nursery and the Great Wolf Lodge. However, as stated, they probably don`t have a start date as they do not know when they will be able to secure the funds to build the new campground. If it came down to a new major roller coaster or a campground, which would you prefer?

Yes, they might have a lot of operating capital. But other than their indoor water parks, what experience do they have in operating theme parks? Personally, I hope that the company that buys Paramount Parks has some experience in running the parks, so there is as seemless a transition as possible from CBS to the new owners. Personally, I hope Tom Freston`s group becomes the new owners of the park, as this could result in good news for the parks.

I would agree with the premise there. If the new company has no experience running an amusement park, we're going to run into the very same situation that we had with Paramount's take over.

Would be kinda cool to see Bush Garden's purchase the parks but then they would likely want to sell of Kings Dominion.

Hmmmm, could be that they would do that and that Flight of Fear is just the first ride to be sold off.

I'd most like to see Gaylord Entertainment branch back out into the park business. That would be Kick A$$!

Dang! I could do this conspiracy theory thing well.

I highly doubt that FoF at PKD is being sold or dismanteled. Just doesn`t seem like they would close a ride that is relatively popular, is fairly reliable, and is only ten years old. I would say that something more is up with FoF than what the park is saying. Certainly, it should be an important thing to watch, as it may affect PKI`s FoF in the coming seasons.

I wouldn't count on GWL coming up with the cash to buy Paramount Parks (or even just PKI). They recently sold a few of their properties (land and assets), including the new one in Niagra Falls to Ripley Entertainment, and will continue a management contract of the properties. Granted, that's not such an unusual event in the hotel business, but it's not something you'd necessarily do unless you wanted to reduce your debt load or free up some cash.

Plus, they have had several shareholder lawsuits filed against them over the last few months, including a recent class action suit claiming their pre-IPO prospectus was "misleading" (to put it nicely) to investors.