2007: The Next Big Thing

RailRider

^:::: Off Topic:::: I dont get why are you saying Green Day is directly related to politics? yeah true they are very outspoken about president bush(who isnt anymore) but so are and were a lot of big names like The Boss Bruce Springsteen with the vote for change tour green day is just expressing their opinion just like what you do everyday on this board.Besides that was a mere joke and I for one found it funny.Now I can see a ride with Green Day's music happening...

Back on topic.

I really hope whatever 2007 brings isnt IJ:ST status I want something BIG and themed well but I want it to be for the family crowd after all they do bring in the money.

We can only have the Green Day ride if the also include From Justin to Kelly and the New Kids on the Block Movie. I am so excited....

I have no idea why people think Vortex is going somewhere soon. PKI has plenty of room for expansion. Also the rides that were taken down to construct others were older rides, with low capacity, and had some issues when it came to getting parts. Hence the removal of the TOGO King Cobra. Arrow may not be around, but their are plenty of companies that still supply parts for them.

and I disagree I could see a Mighty Mouse coaster themed for Thrill Seekers. How cool would it be to be launched up a hill (Something like TTD or Hypersonic XLC) when Mighty Mouse utters his trademark phrase? I think that would be very awesome.

^:::: Off Topic:::: I dont get why are you saying Green Day is directly related to politics? yeah true they are very outspoken about president bush(who isnt anymore) but so are and were a lot of big names like The Boss Bruce Springsteen with the vote for change tour green day is just expressing their opinion just like what you do everyday on this board.Besides that was a mere joke and I for one found it funny.Now I can see a ride with Green Day's music happening...

Back on topic.

I really hope whatever 2007 brings isnt IJ:ST status I want something BIG and themed well but I want it to be for the family crowd after all they do bring in the money.

American Idiot was an album all about politics, and yes Bush is STILL president, maybe not to a turncoat like you but hes still the president of the american people, I wasnt saying what Green Day has said all the album was bad or good nor did i turn this into a political discussion I was just saying Paramount wouldnt put it in due to the poitical factor of thier last and most popular album because they dont want to offend anyone.

I can see a wild mouse coaster themed to mighty mouse in NU in the coming years.

Anyway I want to see the addams family coaster in PKI I mean the IJ:ST was a total let down. But not to add more fuel to the fire but I have been told that Vortex would be taken down this year and I hope that if tex is taken down that the addams family would replace it.

Now not to be rude, but aren't you also the one who was "told" that the Spongebob coaster was coming this year; it's very apparent at this point that there is no such Spongebob ride coming this year. I'm just saying i'm not sure how reliable your sources are.

Nothing would be so Unfortunate an event as the removal of the best roller coaster on the planet. Eagles were cool - but just another park ride. Vortex is the only ride at PKI I would truly be saddened over losing.

Im not going to worry about it though - its their coaster they can do with it what they want. But it would be a great tragedy...

Anyway I want to see the addams family coaster in PKI I mean the IJ:ST was a total let down. But not to add more fuel to the fire but I have been told that Vortex would be taken down this year and I hope that if tex is taken down that the addams family would replace it.

Now not to be rude, but aren't you also the one who was "told" that the Spongebob coaster was coming this year; it's very apparent at this point that there is no such Spongebob ride coming this year. I'm just saying i'm not sure how reliable your sources are.

Yeah I did say I heard that Spongebob was coming so what my friend that worked at reptar was wrong I still think the haunted castle will become a spongebob themed ride in coming years.

• 1 month later...

First off, can we just call a stop on all the rumors about Vortex being taken down? There's absolutely no reason for it: the ride runs well, is a good people mover, the park still has space and it's a darn good ride. There is absolutely no reason why the park would celebrate its 35th anniversary by taking out one of the better coasters in the park...and wouldn't 2007 be the 20th anniversary for The Vortex??? Why take it down then? Beast is going to be 27 years old this year and it's still up and running fine.

I think PKI will do something big for 2007. Will it still be Paramount-themed since the parks are being divested?? I don't know. If it IS, my guess is that you'll see something themed to M:I, although I'd love to see a dark ride based on Lemony Snicket.

If it's not, I think we'll see a nice-sized coaster. But, of course, whatever we get, someone willl find something to complain about. When they got SOB there were complaints that it wasn't a big, themed coaster. When IJST came, there were complaints that it was too family-oriented and not a big thrill ride. People complained that there were no changes to the children's area and then pitched a fit when NU was announced. So, people will continue to be disappointed because nothing can satisfy the enthusiast.

Vortex i doubt will be removed it moves so many people you dont even understand how many people it moves but id like to see something big but that all depends on who buys the parks

I understand perfectly fine. Roughly 1050 people per hour. wink.gif

I heard a rumor at Winter SOAR from someone (NOT affiliated with the park) that new attraction for Kings Island in 2007 will be a large steel coaster, and that it will be one of two designs:

- Vekoma tilt coaster

- Intamin hyper coaster.

In addition, Paramount Parks was supposedly about to sign off a deal to build an Intamin hyper at Carowinds.

Of course, even if the rumor has a lot of credibility, keep in mind that:

- Large projects such as big steel coasters are planned years in advance.

- Even though PKI is for sale, such a coaster may still be built as planned (if the rumors are true). - This is nothing new, as what opened as Top Gun in 1993 was planned by the former KECO/Lindner ownership as a different name and theme.

- Also, Kentucky Kingdom, before it was sold to Premier Parks (now Six Flags) following the 1997 season, had plans for the two-track dueling wood coaster, "Twisted Sisters." The new owners went ahead with it, and opened the ride in June 1998 to coincide with the Six Flags rebranding.

how do we know it will be movies? paramount may have sold the park by then, so it may just be thunder road or something.

Come to think of it, let's say they decide to build the Vekoma tilt coaster. Since they're currently a park of the CBS Corp., they could name it after a TV show... The coaster could be called 'Late Show: The Ride' and the tilt-drop could be like when they throw crap like paint, TVs, and balls off the roof!