2007: The Next Big Thing

RailRider

wouldn't 2007 be the 20th anniversary for The Vortex

I can't wait for the big Vortex Party.

Do you think Vortex will have a party just as The Beast did ?

Oh, there will be a party - whether or not the park has anything to do with it... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's been rumored like many times before, that 2006 will be the last year for Vortex 

I doubt that they would take The Vortex out--look how many times The Racer has been rumored to leave when it is still there--rough as ever! But they'll take out my Adventure Express before they would take out a bigger (literally) attraction like The Vortex.

Vortex i doubt will be removed it moves so many people you dont even understand how many people it moves but id like to see something big but that all depends on who buys the parks

I understand perfectly fine. Roughly 1050 people per hour. wink.gif

Vortex could pull 1500 pph, if every train is out by the bell, and they are no empty seats. When I worked Vortex in 2001, on good hours we could get been 1000 and 1200 per hour.

Lets see we all know its not a water park or kids area. So other than some flat rides what else could it be other than the stunt show? Sure the new ride is already locked in and will get made for 2007. Wonder if the new owners will keep the name or change it like they did with Top Gun?

A cool steel coaster would be nice. One thats outside with a few tunnels. Lots of inversions and all that good stuff. Don't know what company would do it, but I would love to see a giant steel coaster. Either that or a suspended coaster.

PKI already has a suspended coaster...Top Gun. I am assuming you were meaning an inverted coaster, which PKI could definitely use. Either that or a hyper or floorless coaster.

• 1 month later...

I was chatting with some ace members in the line for The Beast and we were talking about the next big coaster and this woman from cleveland who knows the park president says that he told her they weren't building anymore big coasters! what a shame!

I was chatting with some ace members in the line for The Beast and we were talking about the next big coaster and this woman from cleveland who knows the park president says that he told her they weren't building anymore big coasters! what a shame!

I don't know how much I would trust your sources, but I am willing to say that they guessed correctly.

• 17 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...