PKI presenting at No-Coaster Con

ragerunner

If it actually was a full circuit coaster like DiskO it might be cool - but still pretty big for the little ones. If not its just a carnie flat ride...

I did notice how on Zamperla's web site, almost all of the attractions listed say they're available as perminant structures or able to be trailer mounted.

I just noticed on ExtremePKI that they are now says that PKI did buy a Zamperla ride package. I still hold to my post from October that these are the rides coming to the new NU.

Just because its posted on another forum does not make it true, where is there any factual evidence that a majority of the rides will be from Zamperla or that any such package has been purchased. I think your mistaken with the Disk-o revelation about zamperla disko-o's, possibly two (a package i guess you can call it), have been purchased for Paramount Parks. ONe for PGA and one for us, however this conventiion has not tied up every loose end, according to seibert our disk-o is supposed to be unique so maybe its not just the regular disk o and PKI still has a trick up their sleeves, just wish theyd be more vocal about whats coming. Last year during the IJ construction there were constant picture updates on PKI.com, this year nothing.

Now that I'm back, Maureen presented some great information about PKI in 2006:

- SDatHC will remain as-is

- A Hanna-Barbera film will be showing at the Action Theater, apparently replacing the SpongeBob film, at all 5 Paramount Parks

I thought that PKI was getting rid of Hanna-Barbera. Can you elaborate on the ride? Also, how is SDATHC remaining the same? It can't be in NU and there is no more H-B Land. Will it be in IS?

Thanks,

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Now that I'm back, Maureen presented some great information about PKI in 2006:

- SDatHC will remain as-is

- A Hanna-Barbera film will be showing at the Action Theater, apparently replacing the SpongeBob film, at all 5 Paramount Parks

I thought that PKI was getting rid of Hanna-Barbera. Can you elaborate on the ride? Also, how is SDATHC remaining the same? It can't be in NU and there is no more H-B Land. Will it be in IS?

Thanks,

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Yeah, HB Land gets revamped and replaced with Nick Central, and then a Hanna-Barbera replaced SpongeBob 3D at Action Theater? That makes about as much since as the sun suddenly crashing into the Earth.

I'm thinking this HB 3D film is the retired Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera I could be wrong it could be a new scooby-doo 3d film after all scooby is really popular.

Just so you all know Nick has gotten the rights to scooby doo so you should being seeing scoobys new cartoon,the 2nd scooby doo movie on nick this summer I guess you could say like the smurfs scooby and the gang are now nicktoons I will get the press release to prove my point and that may very well be one of the reasons scoobys haunted castle will remain as is.

They probably haven't started putting in the new rides yet. Does anyone know if there is going to be a construction tour?

I don't see any reason PKI would release renderings... The only people who would care are the members on this forum. The public is perfectly happy waiting till the season - as knowing what they are getting this season before it begins isn't going to do them a bit of good.

The park is planning to have a construction tour sometime in February.

Yes, the park would benefit from releasing the renderings now. It would peak the public interest in the park and NU. This peaked interest could lead to more season pass sales. Keep in mind that when they officially revealed the NC expansion back in 2001, they waited until February 15 to officially release details (although they released renderings at No Coaster Con)

I'm thinking this HB 3D film is the retired Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera I could be wrong it could be a new scooby-doo 3d film after all scooby is really popular.

Just so you all know Nick has gotten the rights to scooby doo so you should being seeing scoobys new cartoon,the 2nd scooby doo movie on nick this summer I guess you could say like the smurfs scooby and the gang are now nicktoons I will get the press release to prove my point and that may very well be one of the reasons scoobys haunted castle will remain as is.

Does this mean that Scooby Doo is no longer Warner Bros/Hanna-Barbera?

No, I think if I understand it correctly, the Scooby Doo rights are under a different contract that doesn't expire for some time. Scooby Doo is still with HB, but they just have its rights licensed under a different contract.

I think you're right. From what I understand, Scooby is in fact under a seperate contract than the rest of the HB characters, but on that same note, SDATHC is a totally different story in the fact that the license is through Sally's and not through the park.