PKI in 2005

Captain Obvious

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Addams Family coaster was a concept for a new ride to possibly be placed at a Paramount Park. There was a survey about this concept and one for the Italian Job. Basically, the Addams Family coaster would be a heavily themed B&M Dive Machine or Vertical Drop coaster. You can find pictures of Oblivion at Alton Towers which is the same coaster without the theming here and here.

well folks, iwouldnt count on a B&M dive machine at PKI anytime soon.... while i would love to have one of these intense machines, i jus dont see it happening...

there is a strong rumor circulating (that i found out about on coasterbuzz) that Bush Gardens Tampa will be building a B&M Diver for the 2005 season

Read More Here: http://www.coasterbuzz.com/2004-126-837443.htm

PKI is known for building new and innovative rides, and the only way i think they would go for one fo these "one trick pony's" is if it could be the first in the states... i know that FL isnt exactly close to here, but First in the States would be PKI worthy bragging rights, and if they are going to go for it, i cant see them doing it the same year as another park...

i have no doubt in my mind that 05' will be the year of the beemer at PKI, however i really do not think we are going to see a dive machine...

I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG!

Honestly, I don't know if the layout will be any different. From what I read over at Coasterbuzz, there was an article about how the B&M dive machine to be located at BGT will be different. Something about an inversion of some sorts. If you like, I will post a link to the article.

I`ve tried looking up building permits on line. I`ve also tried looking up zoning permits online. However, most of these applications are not available online, unless I was searching in the wrong spot. Chances are you have to go to the actual building inspector/permit office to view the permits. i do believe that the building and zoning permits are public records though, so any one can view them.

I do not want the Addams Family Coaster unless someone has figured out a way to make the dive machine more exciting. It is a one trick pony and not a great trick at that.

So you have been on one of the two dive machines either in England or Taiwan? How was it?

No, I have not been on either of them. Besides, if this is such a great coaster, why are there only two that have been built? And, this is not exactly a new design either. Oblivion was built in '98. Don't know about the other. Six years and only two have been put up? I think it speaks for itself.

if the adams family rumor is coming true, and we are getting a vertical drop coaster, i really hate to say this but i doubt it will be B&M. I would bet on a Gerstlauer EuroFighter. This idea has been brought up on other sites, and has pretty much been shot down from what i've read, but honestly i would prefer this to a Beemer. I know i've been hoping for some great swiss steel at PKI for years now, but if they are going to go all out and theme this sucker, i really think this smaller model packs more of a punch and would be much more exciting.

chekc it out at RCDB: http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail2229.htm

that looks like just the kind of coaster that you could put inside of a "mansion" and have it twist and turn through all of the hallwyas and rooms from the adams family.... maybe even take a spin outside in that "graveyard" the concept talked about... i guess we'll all just have to wait and see what PKI has in store for us.... if they are going B&M, i dont want a dive machine... they just realy dont impress me... i'd much rather see a quality high capacity beemer than a one trick pony.... now if they build a Euro Fighter, i think it would really pack a punch and add to the variety of the park....

also, think about it, when was the last time paramount built a big name ride at one of their parks? By big name i mean vekoma, B&M, and Intamin. The last would be Stealth am i right? Lately they ave been adding smaller wild mouse coasteres and this year at Canada's wonderland a Zamperela Flyer... A Gerstlauer coaster would prety much fit right in with the line they have added in recent years..

In the Concept Didnt the Addams Family Coaster Start with a Pre-Show with thing? and then a Hidden passage way opens up and you get on Uncle Festers lastest invention and GO stright down into the Addams Family Tombs and then from there you take a wild ride in the Family Grave Yard?

Sounds awsome to me I know PKI could really pull that off.

You are correct, Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. Sounds better to me now that I have seen that there is a different company that makes the Vertical Drop Coaster. If, in fact, that they would be the ones doing it.

Edited by PKIBeast

Here are some pictures of the other Eurofighter that's operating. That looks like it would fit the Addam's Family theme much better than a B&M dive machine. It could definitely be made to fit inside a mansion type building, possibly with the vertical tower sticking out of the top. That might be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you can tell that Gerstlauer has already improved since the first Eurofighter because Vild-Sinet (Wild Boar) only runs 4 cars, but Typhoon that debuted this year runs 8. So any other installations of a Eurofighter will more than likely run 8 cars as well.

I can't wait myself. The Addams Family is a brilliant movie. They could theme a whole park, or at least a good section of a park off it the movie itself. Hopefully they'll have cutting-edge, well-maintained themeing and an interesting ride experience!

Though I believe PKI will build the Addams Family coaster, and use the Euro-Fighter, I don't think that it will be in 2005. I'm 90% sure the new ride is in Coney Mall, and that it's not the Addams Family coaster. I'd say 2006 would be a likely year for PKI to build it though. This is all based on hunches, so take it for what you will.