PKI in 2005

Captain Obvious

if the adams family rumor is coming true, and we are getting a vertical drop coaster, i really hate to say this but i doubt it will be B&M.  I would bet on a Gerstlauer EuroFighter.  This idea has been brought up on other sites, and has pretty much been shot down from what i've read, but honestly i would prefer this to a Beemer.  I know i've been hoping for some great swiss steel at PKI for years now, but if they are going to go all out and theme this sucker, i really think this smaller model packs more of a punch and would be much more exciting.

chekc it out at RCDB: http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail2229.htm

that looks like just the kind of coaster that you could put inside of a "mansion" and have it twist and turn through all of the hallwyas and rooms from the adams family.... maybe even take a spin outside in that "graveyard" the concept talked about...  i guess we'll all just have to wait and see what PKI has in store for us....  if they are going B&M, i dont want a dive machine... they just realy dont impress me... i'd much rather see a quality high capacity beemer than a one trick pony.... now if they build a Euro Fighter, i think it would really pack a punch and add to the variety of the park....

also, think about it, when was the last time paramount built a big name ride at one of their parks? By big name i mean vekoma, B&M, and Intamin.  The last would be Stealth am i right?  Lately they ave been adding smaller wild mouse coasteres and this year at Canada's wonderland a Zamperela Flyer...  A Gerstlauer coaster would prety much fit right in with the line they have added in recent years..

They've done that alot of times... there is Hyper Sonic XLC, Sledge Hammer, Mostly SOB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should do the same. When you don't expect anything, you tend to get surprised. With the explosion of the internet and fan sites like these, it seems people expect more from their parks than they ever have. And, additions to their parks more frequently.

Well I highly doubt PKI would get the Italian Job Coaster because I dont wanna start nothin but I hear PGA is getting that following a Scooby doo dark ride in 2006 in time for the 3rd scooby doo movie.

Are you sure? I have been hearing rumors about PGA getting a Scooby Dark ride because they are the only Paramount park without one.Also I kinda hope PKI gets the Addams Family Coaster that movie rules in so many ways.

I really dont care what they get cause the last few ride PKI has put in has been great. So I'm sure whatever they get is gonna be a great addition to the park. For I now all people are doing is guessing. Just wait Im sure the will say something soon enough.

If the are removing A.C. Im sure they would wait till vaction season is over IMO.

Why did you think the Italian Job idea sucked? You really can't tell much from the description. And, from what almost everyone here and at PKIU says, it seems everyone would like to have some kind of immersive ride experience like Spider-Man and it sounds like Italian Job would be similar except for the 3D animation.

It would be absolutely shocking to have a ride that is even CLOSE to Spiderman @ IoA. That ride's price was is the hundreds of millions. I cannot see PKI, a seasonal park, swallowing that kind of price tag. Not to mention, if they were going to put in a 3-D ride, the Italian Job would not be a good choice for theming.

Now the Italian Job wild or spinning mouse-type ride sounds good. Ricochet (wild mouse)@ PKD is a decent ride, as is Exterminator (spinning mouse) at Kennywood.

I just didnt like the idea of the concept . I cant see the Italian Job being themed heavy like the Addams Family Coaster concept could be.

Smurfs Enchanted Voyage dude just to let you know PGA has sadly scraped plans of doing a Scooby Doo dark ride they are doing a Spongebob SquarePants Dark ride instead hey it is a paramount park and there are plenty of places to ride a scooby dark ride sounds like the Spongebob dark ride is gonna be one of a kind.

Yeah, brwntggr, what I was saying is that it kinda sounded like a dark ride experience like Spider-Man, but without the 3D animation. I'm sure much of the cost was related to that. I imagine that it would be more like a SDATHC, but instead it would speed you from scene to scene. I respect your opinion Scooby Doo, I was just curious as to why you didn't like it. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was a wild or spinning mouse coaster. I have wanted to ride one, but nothing yet.