New Name for Beastie

Hank

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, why would you change the name of a coaster that was built as a Kiddie coaster version of the best roller coaster in the park? Just another example of how Nickelodeon is taking over everything. Whats next The Beast being renamed Jimmy Neutron's Rocket Coaster?

That sucks, why would you change the name of a coaster that was built as a Kiddie coaster version of the best roller coaster in the park? Just another example of how Nickelodeon is taking over everything. Whats next The Beast being renamed Jimmy Neutron's Rocket Coaster?

No, FoF is being changed to Jimmy Neutron's Rocket Coaster.

Hmm Beastie wasnt built with The Beast in mind it was built as a part of the happy land of Hanna-Barbera and was called Scooby Doo until the late 70's early 80's.

^That's right. It was the "Scooby Doo" and it had a golden-yellow paint job. It pre-dates "Beast" by 7 years.

This re-naming will at least settle a lot of confusion. Every time (and I mean EVERY time) I visit the Eiffel Tower, some guest up there points down to The Beastie and says "That's the Son of Beast" (always because they think SOB is The Beast, they can't SEE The Beast, and they've never even HEARD of Beastie).

I never got the whole idea of Son of Beast being bigger than Beast. Kids will be more able to relate to the ride - and if Fairly Odd Parents ever goes out of style - they can always retheme it.

I had never even heard of any of the themes in Nick Universe except Spongebob and Dora - until the whole Nick Universe thing was released... But like someone told me in an IM last night - its for the kids. So you really have to put aside what you might want for yourself and think like a five or six year old.

I never got the whole idea of Son of Beast being bigger than Beast. Kids will be more able to relate to the ride - and if Fairly Odd Parents ever goes out of style - they can always retheme it.

I had never even heard of any of the themes in Nick Universe except Spongebob and Dora - until the whole Nick Universe thing was released... But like someone told me in an IM last night - its for the kids. So you really have to put aside what you might want for yourself and think like a five or six year old.

Awsome Klockster awsome thats what I was sayin man I have 5 year old nephew and he loves Oddparents and Spongebob now he can relate to those rides more than before but he did love The Beastie and yes he calls it by that name ''Beastie''.

Along that lines of thinking we need to work on renaming some other things as well. What about The Beast. I'm sure we could name that something else. Why not call it the Hustle and Flow Coaster.

We could call The Racer - The Longest Yard Coaster.

We could go all out and really just retheme everything in the park?

And when a specific movie or fad dies out, there will always be another one to take it's place. <G>

and as the mind of a 5-6 year old, which would you feel more accomplishment in conqueroring, The Beastie or Fairly Odd Coaster?

and to correct Jasper... The Beast will be renamed the "Very Odd Coaster" and be painted Barney purple. Son of Beast, the "Fairly Bumpy Coaster." Racers, the "Fiarly Old Coasters." FOF, the "Fairly Dark Coaster." Top Gun, "Fairly Neglected Coaster." Cobra, "Fairly Dismembered Coaster." (I hope we all can take a joke).

Will I take my daughter to ride Fairly Odd Coaster, yes. Will the name change make any of my days shorter or longer, no. In the large scheme of things- this really isn't even a spec on the map of important things.... I type my opinion to say I think it's a dumb move.

Elmer I dont think most kids care what the name is after theyve riddenm its mre of that phsychological fact that they rode the big coaster in kiddie land, i doubt the name has anything to do with it plus kids are going to love the new name, in the fairly odd parents movie timmy wishes for a rollercoaster many kids will realte to this since the show is very popular.

If it was Barney, it would be the Fairly Queer Coaster...

And I don't know what a five year old would think - but I know that as a 22 year old white male, into Sci-Fi - I like Flight of Fear - but I would like it WAY more as a Star Trek Themed ride. The theme has meaning to me. As I said - Fairly Odd Coaster means nothing to me - but to the kids I am sure it is worth something. They get to 'live' the cartoon so to speak.

Yeah you people might nto like the name, but are you really gonna stop letting your kids ride it, are you really that offended by the name change that you want to start a petition or something or make PKI feel your "pain"? Do you really think people are gonna stop coming to the park just because the name is different, 90% of the general public that comes to the park probably didnt even know it was The Beastie, just that small wooden coaster I can take the kids on with me, no matter the name or paint job its a great coaster for everyone like klock said, it could be worse, what if they decided they wanted another coaster or a different ride there, I think we should be grateful that we have such a classic coaster that so many can enjoy rather than whine about its name.

"Do you really think" anyone cares that you're overeacting? Of course everybody isn't going to have the same opinion as you and like the name. People have different opinions. It's what makes the world go around. Just because people don't like the name doesn't mean they "aren't going to let their kids on it" or "not come to the park." No one is saying that. Some of us just might not like the name.

^Did you even read the whole topic and my posts after that one? I was saying how it was stupid that Elmer wanted to start some kind of uproar to try and get the park to change the name back, I didnt say there was anything wrong about liking the name, of course you wouldve had to have read the whole topic to know that, i just said that the new name relates better to the theme and to the kids and thats what matters for the park at the moment. For us the name means nothing, its the ride we enjoy, but the name can carry something completely mroe for a young kid and thats who the area is geared towards.

^Did you even read the whole topic and my posts after that one? I was saying how it was stupid that Elmer wanted to start some kind of uproar to try and get the park to change the name back

Are you referring to the same type of uproar that was done to try and save the flyers?

I didn't think it was stupid.

^Did you even read the whole topic and my posts after that one? I was saying how it was stupid that Elmer wanted to start some kind of uproar to try and get the park to change the name back

Are you referring to the same type of uproar that was done to try and save the flyers?

I didn't think it was stupid.

No, I was referring to how someone wanted to have a petition and stuff to change the name back to Beastie, the upraor about the flyers is different that was the removal of a classic ride witha huge hsitory in cincinnati, I was even quoted in the Cincinnati Enquirer about how I was also angry about the flyers removal, I was saying that Elmer doesnt need to start uproar because theyre just changing the name to better suit kids, the ride is still there and is still fun, theyre not destroying it, no need for a large scale protest about that.

No, I was referring to how someone wanted to have a petition and stuff to change the name back to Beastie, the upraor about the flyers is different that was the removal of a classic ride witha huge hsitory in cincinnati, I was even quoted in the Cincinnati Enquirer about how I was also angry about the flyers removal, I was saying that Elmer doesnt need to start uproar because theyre just changing the name to better suit kids, the ride is still there and is still fun, theyre not destroying it, no need for a large scale protest about that.

Well, I am glad you cleared that up.

It just sounded like you did not respect someone's opinion.

... guess I was wrong.

The Scooby Doo open with the park back in 1972 long before The Beast was built. The ride was later renamed The Beastie after The Beast opened. Also does anyone know what color the Fairly Odd coaster will be?

Well, I am glad you cleared that up.

It just sounded like you did not respect someone's opinion.

... guess I was wrong.

Its not that I dont respect Elmer's opinion but I mean people need to face that the park is going to change whether we like it or not and I didnt think he presented a good argument as to why it shouldnt be changed and I thought the idea of trying to cause uproar with the parks management to get the name changed back was somewhat ridiculous. Changing the name does have to do with the theme and it better suits the area, for most people it wont matter but kids of today who watch the show may think its cool and the ride factor is not changing at all, it will still be the same ride. I remember when I was little and first rode The Beastie with my dad, scared me to death and I thought it was up so high, Im grateful for that memory and I realize things change with time and we dont always like them but I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that this is a themed area for kids and a lot of great memories are gonna be formed for kids here. "I rode the big rollercoaster just like Timmy on Odd Parents". But for most kids its just gonna be the big coaster in Nickelodeon land that theyre trying to get the courage to ride, I doubt theyll complain about the name. Seriously this area's for kids and designed with kids in mind, remember that, a lot of great memories are gonna be formed for these kids and make their day at the park even more enjoyable. Nickelodeon Universe - Designed with kids in mind.

Seriously this area's for kids and designed with kids in mind, remember that, a lot of great memories are gonna be formed for these kids and make their day at the park even more enjoyable. Nickelodeon Universe - Designed with kids in mind.

I believe they are going for families. Our Nick area has two thrill rides in it. I call it the "Family Area" instead of the "Kiddy Area".

Carowinds Family Area

Thrill Rides:2

Coasters:3

Kiddy Rides:4

Family Rides:7

Total:16

PKI Kiddy Area(as of 2005)

Coasters:5

Thrill Rides:0

Family Rides:3

Kiddy Rides:12

Total:20

Point is, to go towards a Disney Style area. They need to mix in thrill rides so the parents can ride rides and be close to their kids. Personally, I ain't putting my child on any ride I can't ride with them if they are under the age of 3. I trust the ride(s) but I want to be able to protect my child if I ever I have one. Furthermore, I wouldn't want my child walking around any theme park by themselves until they are 10.

A kiddie ride is one of those that say you must be below 54 inches to ride... I am sure we have both worked our fair share of them, Combat. laugh.gif

Biplanes, Handcars, Screecher, Kidpike, Squid, Swings, Copters, Boulder Bumpers - thats all I can think of right now...