Great wolf lodge

DA RIPPER

The Kings Island Resort and Campground hasn`t been a part of Kings Island or parent company since before Paramount Parks took control. Not exactly sure on the year that it was sold off, but I`m thinking it might have been in 1987 when KECO was bought out by Carl Lindner and American Financial.

The...Campground hasn`t been a part of Kings Island or parent company since before Paramount Parks took control.

That comment, as far as I am aware, is actually incorrect. Although I never was sent to the campground, and people from the campground rarely got sent to the main park (and vice versa), the campground was owned by the park up until it was plowed over for the Great Wolf Lodge. Merchandise ran the campground up until it closed. It is just one of the few nonstore related locations the department runs, the others being the Cabanas, Locker Rentals, Wheelchair/Stroller Rentals, and Candy/Fudge Store.

I don't think I've ever commented towards this, but I am sure in the long run the Great Wolf Lodge sure will help not only the attendance of the park, but also the revenues of all revenue generating departments. It will also be a good thing for Mason, and will further allow the city to pave its roads with gold.

Trivia!

Anyone on the board know why the Candy Shop was run by Merchandise rather than by Food Service?

Oddly enough, I was a manager in the department and I don't even know why the fudge store was run by merch; however, I know why the Candy Store is run by Merch. I'll let someone not from the department figure that one out.

Another great question, why was Merchandise specifically picked to run Cabanas when it is extremely food service oriented?