How much land?

deidre1976

The last time I checked the perimeter around the base divided by 3.14 multiplied by the areas around Action Zone, add that to the square feet of River Town and then divide by the circumfrance of the extra land to find the equation for 3945.42, find the volume of that multiplied by the square foot of Action Theater so that gives you 3.342.242, then you'll need to subtract parking lot square foot and divide 92.13 and get the equation multiplied by 10,636.

If you have a sat/map like Google Earth, for example, you can zoom in on PKI (at about 1 meter resolution!). The image there is from 1993, so you can get a good visual idea of how much land is available for development (you'd have to know what the parks official boundries are, though. I don't).

If you have a sat/map like Google Earth, for example, you can zoom in on PKI (at about 1 meter resolution!). The image there is from 1993, so you can get a good visual idea of how much land is available for development (you'd have to know what the parks official boundries are, though. I don't).

woah, the image on google earth is a lot more recent than 1993, you can see SOB, the image is from 2001 i believe.

The numbers that I heard was that the park still owns 752 acres. Of those 752 acres, the park has developed approximately 364 of those. Yes, the park owns all the way down to the Little Miami River. But they will probably never develop the land down by the river for several reasons. One being the topography back there is extremely hilly, as anyone who has been on Psycho Path can attest to. Secondly, I believe that there is a wildlife sanctuary, protection area on PKI property down in the Miami River Valley. Third, and probably related to why there is an animal sanctuary (pt. #2) on PKI property is that the Little Miami is a state and National Scenic River. As such there are quite a bit of regulations on the river and what can be built around and near the river.

If you have a sat/map like Google Earth, for example, you can zoom in on PKI (at about 1 meter resolution!).  The image there is from 1993, so you can get a good visual idea of how much land is available for development (you'd have to know what the parks official boundries are, though. I don't).

woah, the image on google earth is a lot more recent than 1993, you can see SOB, the image is from 2001 i believe.

Oops! I meant 2003! (Sorry)! huh.gif

No, I don`t bellieve they sold any off. The campground land might now be owned by Great Wolf. Not exactly sure if PKI`s 15% stake was in exchange for the land, or if they are leasing the land to GW and are 15% partners for providing the land. Originally, the park consisted of 1600 acres, but the park sold much of that off. They used to own the tennis and gold centers across the street as well as the Kings Island Inn and Conference Center. To the best of my knowledge, no land has been sold within the last several years save for the possibility of the campground lands.

you're right... the 1600 number was what I was thinking of....

and wooferbear is right... there is one heck of a steep gorge behind the park. I drove past it one time years ago when I worked in cincinnati... '96 or '97.... but i thought it was behind The Beast, not Son of Beast.... or maybe it encircles the park.... where is it at?

I think the hilly terrain around PKI lends itself to the possibility of another great terrain coaster being developed. Look at Beast, makes use of its terrain quite well. Maybe use the gorge like they do with Phantoms Revenge. Just a thought, but expanding into a new land would be very cash intensive.