Write/Edit the Kings Island Newsletter

kupferman

Greetings! As prolific as many of you are, I thought some of you might be interested in this. Certainly we'd love it someone who really knows the park as well as any of you do took on the project.

Please don't hesitate to send me a note if you have questions.

-Mark

Paramount Parks Newsletter Editor/Web Site Writer

We seek a company or freelance writer interested in providing writing and editorial services for our theme park web sites and newsletters.

Paramount Parks, a division of CBS Corporation, consists of Paramount’s Kings Island (Cincinnati, OH); Paramount’s Kings Dominion (Richmond, VA); Paramount’s Great America (San Jose, CA); Paramount’s Carowinds (Charlotte, NC); Paramount Canada’s Wonderland (Toronto, Canada) and Bonfante Gardens (Gilroy, CA). Each park has its own web site and bi-weekly e-newsletter.

The company or freelancer (must be incorporated or willing to incorporate) who takes on this project will write and edit all of our park e-newsletters during 2006. This includes researching and writing articles; working with guest writers; writing ad copy to go into each newsletter; entering all of the content into our proprietary content management system; and managing the approval process for each newsletter. The Editor will be provided with information and editorial guidance from each of the parks (park representatives will play an active role in providing you with the information you need to prepare the articles, text ads, calendar entries, and contests).

Specific elements of this project include:

Organize and edit 91 newsletter issues between March and December, 2006 (a total of 6 to 19 issues per park).

Prepare (write) a total of two hundred (200) 3-4 paragraph articles over the course of the contract period which will be used in the newsletters and/or on our web site. Information (research) needed to prepare the articles will in large part be provided by us, although some internet research may be useful. Additional material will come from surveys and polls conducted of our reader through the newsletters. The Editor will be expected to play an active role in thinking up interesting and fun story ideas that fit the newsletter’s context. Keep in mind that many of the articles will be very similar to each other (it will be possible to use similar articles in multiple park newsletters).

Confer regularly with specified park representatives to establish the editorial calendar for each park’s newsletter, to collect information for the articles, and to get each of the articles approved.

Solicit articles and digital images from newsletter readers (through the newsletter). Perform basic editing for grammar, clarity and to ensure that they are consistent with newsletter standards. Return materials to the authors for major revisions as needed.

Prepare and/or coordinate witty and motivating text advertisements to go in between the newsletter articles.

Resize and crop pictures and other graphics for newsletter insertion (very simple, see samples newsletters).

Enter all newsletter content into our propriety web-based content management software including articles, text-ads, calendar entries, contests, etc.

Ensure the completion, approval and on-time delivery of each newsletter.

The Editor does not need to reside in any particular city and can most certainly work out of their own home or office. Page layout and design capabilities are not required.

Compensation: negotiable, $35K+

Samples of our past newsletters can be found at:

http://www.parkfeedback.com/newsletters.htm

Interested? Send your proposal or questions to:

newsletterEditorGig@paramountparks.net

• 5 months later...

I was very disappointed that I didn't get this job. If I did, right now I'd probably be unemployed and begging for my old (which is my current) job back. I believe that there is a song that says, "Thank God for unanswered prayers". This is definitely the case for me. This is probably the first time in my life that I am VERY HAPPY I was rejected.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I was very disappointed that I didn't get this job. If I did, right now I'd probably be unemployed and begging for my old (which is my current) job back. I believe that there is a song that says, "Thank God for unanswered prayers". This is definitely the case for me. This is probably the first time in my life that I am VERY HAPPY I was rejected.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Garth Brooks

But, how do you know that they fired the newsletter writer? Doesnt CF have bigger fish to fry? I mean, the just aquirred five parks and I'm sure they're looking at how/if they want to re-structure the management and what changed they'll make, I doubt the newsletter writer was the first on their list to axe.

But, how do you know that they fired the newsletter writer? Doesnt CF have bigger fish to fry? I mean, the just aquirred five parks and I'm sure they're looking at how/if they want to re-structure the management and what changed they'll make, I doubt the newsletter writer was the first on their list to axe.

<G>

First on the to do list:

Fire All Editors.

<G>

The newsletter writer position was a "contract" job that was set to expire in December and could be terminated at any time. I seriously doubt that CF will keep the Paramount newsletters going. My guess is that we may get one last one to announce the changes.

It doesn't make sense of CF to spend resources treating the former Paramount parks differently now that these parks must be integrated into the CF business structure.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

^but the newsletter editor, and i mean this in no offense to the current one employed, is not some major position that is unique to these parks that wastes resources and requires termination, I'm sure CP, KBF, and other CF parks have newsletters, I seriously doubt CF came in and cleaned house on thsoe that write the newsletter, they have other matters to worry about.

At very least, I doubt that the contract will be renewed in December. And I assume that CF will want to standardize the former PP parks in the CF image. And I don't know whether or not CF's parks have newsletters or how that is handled.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif