Found this while planning my summer trip to PKI.

Scooby_Doo

Found this bit of information while planning my spring/summer trip to PKI in May...very interesting....

Cincinnati Attractions-PKI

Cincinnat-Sights and Attractions

Cincinnati Travel Source

Cincinnti Hotels online

Cincinnati Hotel Discounters

PefectPlaces/Cincinnati/Paramount's Kings Island

SPOILER( If you havent clicked on the links above... ohmy.gifblink.gif )

-------------------------------------------

user posted image

I hope paramount has really listened to there park followers and install something we all really want!

Makes me think Addams Family was/is intended to be/were installed at PKI..Really makes you wonder! Now I'm confused yet...Happy...

Addams Family-style haunted Shriek House an upcoming attraction to be added in the near future I can only hope and pray!

That pefect places site is OLD! Look at the entry for Americana:

Americana Amusement Park

5757 Hamilton Middletown Rd

Middletown, OH 45044

513-539-7339

This amusement park has both old-fashioned and state-of-the-art rides. There's a nostalgic brass ring carousel, a ferris wheel and a tilt-a-whirl. The newer area features more than 100 rides, many updated and refurbished within the past two years. Also included are a trio of roller coasters, the very popular log flume ride, a miniature golf course and a petting zoo. Children also love the Kids Water Play World with several water slides.

Now how many things are WRONG with that statement?

That pefect places site is OLD! Look at the entry for Americana:

Americana Amusement Park

5757 Hamilton Middletown Rd

Middletown, OH 45044

513-539-7339

This amusement park has both old-fashioned and state-of-the-art rides. There's a nostalgic brass ring carousel, a ferris wheel and a tilt-a-whirl. The newer area features more than 100 rides, many updated and refurbished within the past two years. Also included are a trio of roller coasters, the very popular log flume ride, a miniature golf course and a petting zoo. Children also love the Kids Water Play World with several water slides.

Now how many things are WRONG with that statement?

I think the petting zoo was from the late 70s, but obviously the page isn't THAT old.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like any spoiler to me. Every single site states just the same thing. Every single one just states "Little ones love Hanna-Barbera Land while pre-teens and teens head for Nickelodeon Splat City featuring the Rugrats, the Addams Family-style haunted Shriek House". It's just one of those mass distributed over views and the sites just post them without even reading what it says.

Also since it does appear to be an old description considering it says PKI has 11 roller coasters and as already stated Waterworks. So my guess is that this was written before the Phantom Theature was transformed in to Scooby's Castle. So describing PT as a "Addams Family-style haunted Shriek House" located near Nickelodeon Splat City would be a fairly accurate description I suppose.

It was probably written by some lady who hadnt visited the park before and assumed PT was an AF themed attraction becaue that attraction has never been called a shreik house before, she probably jsut researched some stuf fon teh web in like 5 minutes......but Scooby Im with you in praying for an AF coaster/attractioNn!

I don't know, it doesn't seem like any spoiler to me. Every single site states just the same thing. Every single one just states "Little ones love Hanna-Barbera Land while pre-teens and teens head for Nickelodeon Splat City featuring the Rugrats, the Addams Family-style haunted Shriek House". It's just one of those mass distributed over views and the sites just post them without even reading what it says.

Also since it does appear to be an old description considering it says PKI has 11 roller coasters and as already stated Waterworks. So my guess is that this was written before the Phantom Theature was transformed in to Scooby's Castle. So describing PT as a "Addams Family-style haunted Shriek House" located near Nickelodeon Splat City would be a fairly accurate description I suppose.

Thanks for adding a logical, realistic perspective to this topic. I think you're 100% on target.

Wha?! Addams Family:Shriek House Love it !!! I love THAT NAME!!!...

?addams family? at PKI so me thinks its is indeed a planned ride or paramount at one time was going to add in the addams family I think since from what I was told by a certain memeber that has years of knowlege on PKI & all that happens within it and he is also a member of this board and he is a very reliable source...from what I was told Paramount Parks pursed and got the rights to the addams so its only a matter of time before they start to install if they do however install I will be a very happy boy and will be visiting the park more so than ever before.

But the fact is most planning vaction sites list the addams family being at PKI those pages arent that old most of the copyright says 2001-2004.Nice find Scooby...I know when I worked on SDGC in 2004 and when I worked in HBL last year my co-workers told me that paramount really does want to add in/Install an addams family themed ride and it would be for families and thrillseekers..I never took it to heart.

Also since it does appear to be an old description considering it says PKI has 11 roller coasters and as already stated Waterworks. So my guess is that this was written before the Phantom Theature was transformed in to Scooby's Castle. So describing PT as a "Addams Family-style haunted Shriek House" located near Nickelodeon Splat City would be a fairly accurate description I suppose

LOL how did you come to that? laugh.gif Why would they put addams family in kiddy land? blink.gifhuh.gif

Like most of you I want an Addams Family Coaster/Darkride I WISH pki would answer my prayers. unsure.gifsad.gif

You know I voted for the Addams Family Concepts on those surveys I didnt like the IJ Stunt track tongue.gif and here are top 5 reasons I think Paramount Parks should add in an Addams Family Themed attraction to their parks.

It would a Great Addition to FearFest

-PKI needs a new coaster bad..SOB hurts...

-PKI needs a darkride bad I love the scooby dark ride but I want something a lil more crazy and with a kickin pre-show that would be on a Disney ride or Universal and I know Paramount can pull it off!

- Millions of people love the addams family and love the movies paramount made.

-It would be good for the park(s) I mean if they did build an addams family ride people would come to the park more so.Even if they themed the addams like they did TR:TR that would be ok it would be great for families and thrillseekers alike who doesnt like a darkride or coasters .

FYI, Paramount Pictures/Studio has the rights to the addams family movies they always have had the rights if they didnt you wouldnt be seeing the addams family Tomb Stone at PKI or anything related to the movie. Paramount was given those rights back in 1993.So NO the rights were never in a limbo Paramount has always had them.

Addams Family

Paramount officials have considered an "Italian Job" attraction since 2001, when the movie was still in the production stages. It was one of about a dozen concepts Paramount considered.

Because those other ideas might be revitalized at a later date, officials declined to elaborate. But park goers say questionnaires also hinted at the "Addams Family" and "Titanic."-Segment from This article from Cincinnat.com

They talk about future rides and IJST ...its from last may...read it and enjoy.

Thats all I have to say-I would like an Addams Family ride aswell I would also go to the park more I know my cousin(13) who I care for now would love an addams family ride..(he loves the addams family movies)I hardly go to PKI anymore because they hardly offer anything that interests me expect for The Beast & Delirium..IJ was a letdown in my eyes paramount parks can do better I hope to see an addams family ride soon

You know I voted for the Addams Family Concepts on those surveys I didnt like the IJ Stunt track tongue.gif and here are top 5 reasons I think Paramount Parks should add in an Addams Family Themed attraction to their parks.

It would a Great Addition to FearFest

-PKI needs a new coaster bad..SOB hurts...

-PKI needs a darkride bad I love the scooby dark ride but I want something a lil more crazy and with a kickin pre-show that would be on a Disney ride or Universal and I know Paramount can pull it off!

- Millions of people love the addams family and love the movies paramount made.

-It would be good for the park(s) I mean if they did build an addams family ride people would come to the park more so.Even if they themed the addams like they did TR:TR that would be ok it would be great for families and thrillseekers alike who doesnt like a darkride or coasters .

FYI, Paramount Pictures/Studio has the rights to the addams family movies they always have had the rights if they didnt you wouldnt be seeing the addams family Tomb Stone at PKI or anything related to the movie. Paramount was given those rights back in 1993.So NO the rights were never in a limbo Paramount has always had them.

Addams Family

Paramount officials have considered an "Italian Job" attraction since 2001, when the movie was still in the production stages. It was one of about a dozen concepts Paramount considered.

Because those other ideas might be revitalized at a later date, officials declined to elaborate. But park goers say questionnaires also hinted at the "Addams Family" and "Titanic."-Segment from This article from Cincinnat.com

They talk about future rides and IJST ...its from last may...read it and enjoy.

Thats all I have to say-I would like an Addams Family ride aswell I would also go to the park more I know my cousin(13) who I care for now would love an addams family ride..(he loves the addams family movies)I hardly go to PKI anymore because they hardly offer anything that interests me expect for The Beast & Delirium..IJ was a letdown in my eyes paramount parks can do better I hope to see an addams family ride soon

Well thanks for that very nice findings smurfs.I like your reasons why paramount should install the addams family I heard that they are waiting to see if IJ is a hit I dunno how much truth in that.

Well now with the parks being sold Addams Family has to be dead. It seems a given that rides already in the park with Paramount licensing will have licensing rights given but licensing rights for assets that aren't in the park seems unlikely. So it seems that the sale of the parks is also the death of any Addams Family ride.

Well now with the parks being sold Addams Family has to be dead.  It seems a given that rides already in the park with Paramount licensing will have licensing rights given but licensing rights for assets that aren't in the park seems unlikely.  So it seems that the sale of the parks is also the death of any Addams Family ride.

Well Paramount is selling the copy rights to whom who ever gets the parks I doubt just because the park is getting sold means that any rides that are in developmental stages got the ax.

^Negative? I'm not negative in the least, just realistic. Just because I don't think that PKI has leaked a coming attraction due to the fact that the description is for the old Phantom Theature doesn't make me negative. Let's face it PKI and the amusement park industry as a whole tries to keep details about upcoming attractions as secret as possible until the media day for which the concept is unvailed. Due to logic, not negativity, its obvious that the description has nothing to do with PKI's leak of an upcoming attraction. Not saying that the Addam's Family isn't coming, I'm just saying that this isn't some special leak.

Also for the Spongebob Ride, everyone kept on saying "oh, I have secret sources that I can't tell you about but it is coming, just wait" I said show me some markers, footers, track, anything, yet nothing was produced. That isn't negativity its logic, no footers, no coaster.

As far as the rights go I may be wrong with this because I don't know, but I highly doubt that the buyer of the parks would get the rights to the Addam's Family, unless, like Revenge of Smurfs said if it is already a ride being developed and planned to be installed in the park next year. I don't know the specifics of the deal that is being made as far as the copyrights go, but something tells me that only the rights for the existing properties will be given, not the entire catalog of every Paramount movie or property. That's why I said the Addam's Family probably won't happen, because logically unless the rights to every Paramount property are being sold, which I doubt, the rights for the Addams Family will probably not be aquired by the new owners, and therefore not built.

Paramount Parks is owned by CBS Corporation. EVERYTHING is for sale for the right price in that environment. I think you can see why. Would you sell me your wristwatch for four dollars? I didn't think so. What if I offered you $40.000?

What if the buyer of the parks agrees to buy them ONLY if Addams Family rights come with them, and the buyer offers several times what the parks are worth?

Just as KECO got Kings Island back from Lindner so they could sell to Paramount, a way would be found to get the Addams Family rights to the buyer....

^ Obviously if the new buyers wanted the rights to the Addam's Family they could get them, for as you said, the right price. I just don't know if the new owners would have any particular interest in the Addam's Family ride. I don't know who's buying it but when they buy it they may eventually even want to faze out all the existing Paramount stuff.

So I'll back track and modify my statement. The Addam's Family concept will probably only come to King's Island now if the purchasers are interested in the concept, which they may or may not be.