PKD's Flight of Fear...No more?

PKI Foodguy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So? FOF aka Flight of Fear has a military base theme. That's what it is. Not necessary have to do with The Outer Limits. Again, nothing is wrong with the ride, FOF, and still brings in a big crowd and still has most if not all of it's theme still there. Top Gun on the other end, no longer really has a theme b/c they are no longer using part of the que that is suppose to be the aircraft carrier. FOF still uses and has all of their theme up.

F'ed Rumor for Flight of Fear

PKI to PC, and PKD to PCW. Theese rumors don't make sense to me, but who knows.

^ I HIGHLY doubt that RollerNut its most likely a re-theme over to soundwave...question didnt the current spilt of viacom/CBS get rid of MTV Networks?Sooo would it be kown as MTV Soundwave? I hope PKI gets something a lil better than that in 2007 if this proves to be true...maybe a different theme. wink.gif

If anything, it would be closed so that they can retheme it. My guess would be Soundwave. However, I don`t know why it would have to be closed an entire season for a retheme job. Personally, I hope the FoF at PKI remains as is. There is nothing wrong with its current theme.

As for the MTV theming, MTV is under the Viacom side of things, while Paramount Parks are under the CBS Corp. side of things. But that being said, Paramount Parks still maintain the licensing from the Viacom side of the company. So there shouldn`t be a big impact with that respect. So it could, and if true, probably is just a retheme of FoF.

Even if this is a retheme, seems many people don't pay attention to the surverys close enough. The original concept did feature MTV as part of the theme, but when it was put out on a later survey the MTV aspect was missing leading to many assumptions that MTV was not fit for the family type atmosphere that the parks are "trying" to go for...

I wouldn't mind a new retheme since the ride does need attention, since the ride is rapidly retheming itself to: DUST:The Ride! But seriously I'd much rather prefer a simple cleaning and fixing of the current theme. The problem with that is the GP doesn't care or barely would notice a change and therefore not make money...

But hopefully this is just some sick joke... blink.gif

Yeah but Vortex is getting really rough as rough as SOB I rather see Vortex takin down now I'd hate to see it go but I CANT ride it it gives me a major headachs!

I dont PKD's FOF will be taken down I think it will be re-themed to something paramount owns or can get the rights for.

True!^ But I'd like to see somethinge HUGE at pki I hope pki doesnt just re-theme there FOF for 2007.We all know paramount has tons of concepts they could use for a new ride I wanna see a ride that I'd see in Universal Studios or Disney.. oh well sorry for rambling.

If they do retheme it - you can guarantee it wont be up to Universal standards. They are probably closing - if it is true - to remove the building and design it as an outdoor ride. That takes alot of work to tear the building down and repaint it.