PKD's Flight of Fear...No more?

PKI Foodguy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue what is going on, but throw this out for your consideration.

If it IS just a retheming, wouldn't the same thing be going on at PKI?

And wouldn't FOF be missing from PKI's website, too?

Or is PKD public relations just having a lot of fun by making just a few tweaks to a webpage for a week or two. Put another way: Is Magnum sinking again? Or is SFWofA really being bought by Cedar Point?

It's just a few weeks til we know. If not before...

^If that was the case then logically all 5 of the LIM Bowl coasters would close as well... that's just not happening, is it?

Possibly yes, logically no. Maybe Six Flags is having the same problem, they just haven't removed them yet because they are expecting Premier to come through before April. Paramount could be sending parts from PKD's FOF to PKI so their's can open on time. While PKI sends IJ parts for PKD's so it can open on time. Seems logically to me.

I say they are just doing work on the websites.  They were doing some work on them this time last year.  Anyone remember the "Weasels doing backflips and Judo"?

Classic.

That's all I'm saying. Classic.

As for the removal of IJ from PKI's site...PKI has oddly never had IJ on their attractions pages, except for their "New for 2005" section.

LOL  laugh.gif I hope that dumb FOF theme is gone I rather have something more modern that fof theme was shot when they lost the rights to Outer Limits... I say theme it to star trek but I must confess I aint no trekkie by a long shot.

Uhm, by losing "the outer limits" aspect of the theme, the only thing that changed was the sign out by racer and the park map. Its amazing where you people have taken this topic........PKD's FOF IS BEING CLOSE AND PKI'S IJ IS BEING CLOSED SO PARTS CAN BE SPARED TO OPEN PKI'S FOF ON TIME!!!!!!! yeah that makes a lot of sense. Klocke is right about the web site maintenace, since this began we've seen things dissapear and re-appear on the park websites including hurler, FOF's, Shake Rattle and Roll, and now supposidly IJ. FOF was even back for awhile as KIng maple showed us, and that was confirmed by many people. Offseason boredom: website maintenace turns to conspiracy and panic.

The changes to the preshow film were more extensive than that....

Sigh.

The only things I can think of are:

• Cutting the beginning (removed Outer Limits intro)
  • Removing the name "Outer Limits" from the screen during the prank half way through the film.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Well, once again fuel has been added to the fire with the claim that at Eastcoaster it was said that FOF will not open for the 2006 season. I don't know anything about it, but I saw it on coasterbuzz so I figured I'd let people here know what's apparently going on.

They don't list all of the rides, but a ride like FOF would be listed. Scrambler, Dodgems, and Scream Weaver have never been listed on Carowinds.com. Italan Job was never put on to PKI.com for some reason. I do believe something is up with FOF, and may very be sent packing. Four launch coasters is too many for one park to handle. We will see when the park map is displayed. If it were updating the site, then SB3D would be gone b/c SB was went back to Iwerks, yet every PP still list it.

Well, once again fuel has been added to the fire with the claim that at Eastcoaster it was said that FOF will not open for the 2006 season.  I don't know anything about it, but I saw it on coasterbuzz so I figured I'd let people here know what's apparently going on.

I saw this

Someone asked about Flight of Fear today at Eastcoaster and the answer was "It won't open for 2006." The followup question about 2007 was left open ended with no answer.

Also someone at coasterbuzz said their was a bid to move FOF from PKD to another park. Does anyone know more about this?

Edited by Vortex

They don't list all of the rides, but a ride like FOF would be listed. Scrambler, Dodgems, and Scream Weaver have never been listed on Carowinds.com. Italan Job was never put on to PKI.com for some reason. I do believe something is up with FOF, and may very be sent packing. Four launch coasters is too many for one park to handle. We will see when the park map is displayed. If it were updating the site, then SB3D would be gone b/c SB was went back to Iwerks, yet every PP still list it.

Oh thats right almighty god of coaster maintenacne, yes 4 launch coasters must be too much for PKD to handle you would know that since you worked as a wooden coaster op at a park not even remotely close to Kings Dominion, you most definently know all the capabilities of the maintenance staff at Kings Dominion. Your a low level employee at paramount park much like myself and many other people on this site, and yes we all admit that we dont know as much as we think we do, get your facts straight before oyu start spreading rumors like "PKD CANT HANDLE THE MAINTENACE!". You worked on a different type of coaster miles away and performed basic tasks like pushing buttons, putting your thumb up, saying "all clear", picking up trash, and telling those kids to get off the rails, you dont know jack.

Well, once again fuel has been added to the fire with the claim that at Eastcoaster it was said that FOF will not open for the 2006 season.  I don't know anything about it, but I saw it on coasterbuzz so I figured I'd let people here know what's apparently going on.

I saw this

Someone asked about Flight of Fear today at Eastcoaster and the answer was "It won't open for 2006." The followup question about 2007 was left open ended with no answer.

Also someone at coasterbuzz said their was a bid to move FOF from PKD to another park. Does anyone know more about this?

Yes, I do! Thoose you who know don't talk, and thoose who don't know talk.

As wasn't speaking in terms of maintence. I was speaking in terms of the power bills, I would think that it cost more to a launch coaster. I know they had problems running FOF and Volcano on the same substation, so I fiqured that they can't put FOF, Volcano, and IJ on the same substation. I wasn't spreading a rumor, I was stating opinion. The keywords are "I believe". I never said I knew anything about maintence, most of what I know is park history, and I know more than the GP does.

It is called an opinion. Everyone has them so learn to respect them and each other. Opinion:"A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion†(Elizabeth Drew). " Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion